Sponsored by:

Yes, Another Lift Thread with Some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:14 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 815 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by Immortal_Ben
There is a thread (maybe up in the tech folder?) where we listed our "lift" and the gain we got from it. I am sure there are some 7.3's in that thread. I will look around for it here in a couple of minutes.

Also, my "lift" is around 4-5" and I am still running stock length Bilstein shocks with no problems.

Our Navy brother Tylus in Hawaii started this excellent suspension measurement thread.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...easurents.html
This thread should be required reading for anyone thinking about doing any suspension mods, and I bumped it to the top for more looks and hopefully more additional info from folks here.

I didn't take hub center to wheelwell measurements on my rig before my spring swap, only from the ground and now I run larger tires so those original number don't mean much. But based on guys in that threads hub to fender measurements on stock EXs of 23.5" and 24" and my current 28.5" my rear setup is providing either 4.5 or 5" of lift now that it has 30k+ miles on it, most of which has been heavily loaded towing miles.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:52 AM
lfthrdr
Mountain Pass
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks, Tom. That chart helped a lot. So I guess I will contact Junior and let him know what I want. That is a very thorough chart for the front; too bad there isn't something like that for the rear springs! Or is thereand I just haven't come across it yet?

Quotes from the least expensive Ford dealers on the internet are right around $1,400 shipped + tax for new X codes, new B codes, and the F-350 tapered blocks. So I would much rather save a few bucks and go with Junior if there is nothing to worry about quality-wise.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Quality from ATS should be the least of your concerns. I've run their springs on a variety of rigs and Jeeps in the past and loved them with zero issues. Hardly even sagged and settled after a few years.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:30 PM
lfthrdr
Mountain Pass
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
As I was looking through the ATS spring website I noticed the part numbers seem to match up the SD truck springs. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I know there was some confusion on the springs SD was selling. Both SD and ATS list the X code replacement as having a capacity of 2630 lbs. However, I have seen the chart floating around here stating the Ford X codes capacity is 6,000 lbs, which I am assuming is a combined rating. I guess the question would be is why ATS has the same spring part #'s as SD Truck Springs if the springs are different? I have also asked Junior that same question via PM . . .

Old 02-06-2015, 04:40 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 815 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by lfthrdr
As I was looking through the ATS spring website I noticed the part numbers seem to match up the SD truck springs. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I know there was some confusion on the springs SD was selling. Both SD and ATS list the X code replacement as having a capacity of 2630 lbs. However, I have seen the chart floating around here stating the Ford X codes capacity is 6,000 lbs, which I am assuming is a combined rating. I guess the question would be is why ATS has the same spring part #'s as SD Truck Springs if the springs are different? I have also asked Junior that same question via PM . . .

Remember when we told you to work with Junior and tell him EXACTLY what you want................. He will make a spring pack to YOUR specifications, as in custom to match up with Ford's codes or more if you wish.