1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Lost my best friend. RIP Sheena

Old 02-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Muppy1840
More Turbo
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Lost my best friend. RIP Sheena

Lost my best friend on Monday night, my 11 year old German Shepard. She was fine on Sunday night but Monday morning she was lethargic ,wouldn't eat and seem confused. I took her to the vet and he ex rayed her ,took some blood samples and gave her an I-V with some meds and pain killers. I brought her home around 7pm and my wife suggest that we bring her into the house so we could be with her. She kept looking for me so I sat on the floor with her until midnight. We took her into the bedroom and put her beside the bed on my side. She would always lay there when I would sleep. My wife woke at 3:30 and she had just passed away. I'm am totally devastated. She was always by my side when I was in the yard or in the shop. Or she would be waiting outside of the shop until I came out. When ever I would come home she would always be there to greet me as soon as I opened the door on my truck. Didn't matter if it was raining or snowing or -40, she was always there. I have no regrets about her life. She had two acres to run and play and just be a dog. I do truly miss her. So guys just give your dogs a big hug for me and cherish the time you have with them because they do not live long enough. My whole family are feeling the loss including my other little buddy Cash. He was Sheenas companion for the last 5 years. I know with time the pain will diminish but it is very difficult right now. It just happened so fast. well thanks guys for letting me ramble on. RIP Sheena.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:28 AM
ashleyroachclip
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel your pain.
Sorry for your loss

Old 02-04-2015, 10:38 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for your loss. We had to put down my daughters event horse and it was hitting me very hard. A little six year old took my hand, looked up at me and said Mr. S it's better in the barn than in the house. Kind of put it in perspective but you still feel the loss for a long time.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 754 Likes on 368 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It's amazing how much of an impact these critters have on us.
The relationship with your dog something special.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:07 PM
smallello
Laughing Gas
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Sorry for your loss. They are such a big part of our lives. It's devastating when they pass.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:09 PM
OldGrayMare
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about Sheena. Sounds like you both one heck of a team.

From Dennis and Elle

Old 02-04-2015, 12:46 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I so much feel your pain. I swore I would never have another after I
lost my first best friend. But a Dogs life is short. And we heal from our
loss. I have had to let four of my best friends go so far in my life.
It don't get any better ever to loose them. I have also lost two children.
It may sound wrong to some but to me it is the same pain. The children
were young. One at six months and the other at four days. Is it wrong to
miss a dog more that has been with you by your side for many many years?
I too just lost Angus. A papered Red Lab that hated troopers or anyone in
a dark blue uniform packing a side arm. Okay sorry I am starting to ramble.
I can't find any of Red Angus's good pics right now but this is the one I did
find, and it is prolly his worst pic. Again I feel your pain and pray for you to
be able to deal with the lose. I miss Angus, and the others as much if not more
everyday as I do the children. I still look for him at the door and call his name
when talking to my other dogs.

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2015, 12:59 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 242 Likes on 152 Posts
Sorry for your loss. There is just something special about GSDs. We lost our Chelsea a couple years ago.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:18 PM
dennisb56
Laughing Gas
Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Been there. Can't talk the wife into another dog either, sometimes I miss Max so much it hurts and its been 3 years.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:40 PM
abeagle
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So sorry. We had an almost instant replay of yours on New Years Day with Abby - the best companion dog I have ever had. the only difference is the Vet told us her red cells were down to nothing and platelets were very low and she was loosing blood inside. Very quick in two days from seemingly healthy to loss. We are retired and she was my walking friend every day - she would follow me around until I took her for the long walk. Hard to get back into the walks alone. Miss her greatly as you do Sheena.

Bruce

Old 02-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Muppy1840
More Turbo
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Thank you guys for all the kind words. I knew this day would come but I never thought that it would be this difficult to deal with. It was hard today to walk down to the shop to get my truck. I think I called her name a few times even though I knew she wouldn't come. Bruce that is pretty much the same thing that happened to Sheena. I have not lost any children yet so I can only imagine the pain you would feel. I lost my dad when I was 14 and my mom when I was 25. So it's been a lot of years since I've had to deal with a huge loss. What sucks is that my birthday is on Saturday and I turn 50, so I will have to try and not be too much of a downer for the kids and grandkids when they come over. Thanks again for your kind words and I appreciate your support.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We have always had two or three German Shepherds in our family. We recently adopted a new one...Terra...I call her the terrorist. Right now she's starting the chew phase, so I expect to lose a few garden hoses and UPS packages. Give it some time then adopt a rescue dog. You'll have to try to figure out who is rescuing whom.

Dan

Old 02-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Sheena RIP...

Old 02-04-2015, 06:31 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I waited four years after my buddy of 17 years Max was gone to get the two mutts above. I was nuts too wait that long. It may sound crass but why not give yourself a birthday present and honor Sheena at the same time and check out a rescue Shepard at the local shelter. It would do you all good to put a little joy back in the house.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:54 PM
drptop70ss
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry for your loss.
I have always loved my GSs, they are amazing dogs. Here is my German GS with her favorite toy in the world, she is over 10 years old and still plays like a puppy. I dont like to think about that coming day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lost my best friend. RIP Sheena