6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Navigation Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Fireboater
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Yes or No

I am going to be ordering a 2015 or maybe a 16 later this year and I would like to get some input about the Navigation system in the Super Duties?

Thanks John

Old 02-03-2015, 01:15 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I suggest passing it up, I do better using the Waze app on my phone.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:17 PM
RumpityRump
More Turbo
Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts
If you have the spare money (about 950) go for it.
If your watching your coins.....don't do it.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:01 PM
rvpuller
Received 431 Likes on 282 Posts
We have it in our 2013 and we like most of it but they are planning on dumping Microsoft Sync in 2016 and that would be a improvement. We used ours as a bargaining chip and we got it for $250, yes I would get it again.

Denny

Old 02-04-2015, 11:23 AM
mikereidjr
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I passed on it, I got the $200 garmin with bluetooth and wired it into my ignition. It powers up when I turn the truck on and off when the truck goes off.

I got the 4" screen and leave it in the lower left corner of the windshield using the glass cup.

I have a phone for work and in IL we need to be handsfree so it works out to have the one phone paired to the sync and the other phone paired to the GPS. Plus I can get weather radar and traffic on the GPS so thats pretty nice. I also get map updates for life which is slick, because my wife has GPS in her Jeep and it is a 2010 so the maps are pretty close but they are off in some areas, but not off enough to warrant me paying the $150 to buy the updated maps-

Just my thoughts-

Mike

Old 02-04-2015, 12:15 PM
edtam
New User
Just bought a '15 F250, 4x4, XLT, Crew Cab around Christmas. I test drove one with navigation and back up camera. Although it was neat, I couldn't justify the cost. Especially since almost everyone has a smart phone now, with apps for navigation that are automatically updated. Personally, I have only been to a few areas where I even needed navigation. I still know how to read a map, even if it is from Google.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Big Vic
Senior User
I passed on the stock NAV and rear view camera. Instead I bought a Garmin 760 which has a high res 7" screen, voice commands, bluetooth, lifetime free map upgrades and the capability for adding a HD rear view camera. The whole package cost about $400 and I was able to mount it closer to the steering wheel for easy access and visibility.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Fireboater
Freshman User
Smile

Thanks, I did some research and I think I am going to go with the Garmin 7"RV GPS along with the wireless camera to use on the back of my Toyhauler, plus with the Free Lifetime map updates will workout pretty good for us.

Thanks John

Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 AM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jonrjen
I suggest passing it up, I do better using the Waze app on my phone.

Way to many dead zones for data out west to rely on a cell phone only.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Big Vic
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fireboater
Thanks, I did some research and I think I am going to go with the Garmin 7"RV GPS along with the wireless camera to use on the back of my Toyhauler, plus with the Free Lifetime map updates will workout pretty good for us.

Thanks John
I tried the Garmin wireless camera but found the video quality less than desirable and returned it. I instead put a waterproof wired HD camera (very small) above my license plate holder, connected the camera's power wire to my rear backup light wire (very easy) and ran a video wire underneath the chassis to the GPS unit on my dash. The video quality of the wired camera is much better with HD quality. Cost of the wired camera about $15 online.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:50 AM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Go with the OEM Nav unit. Better resale value...

biz

Old 02-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Hotrod70d
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a kenwood double din radio. Has garmin nav easy to install. If and when I get rid of my truck it will be a 10 minute change back to the stock junk.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:18 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
"I have a kenwood double din radio. Has garmin nav easy to install. If and when I get rid of my truck it will be a 10 minute change back to the stock junk"

How do you like the Kenwood? I've been looking at upgrading also.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Hotrod70d
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Likei it a lot . I'm glad I made the decision to go with kenwood. The garmin is very nice. Only thing required to hook up is a dash kit , antenna kit and wiring kit. Everything was labeled. Or in the directions. You won't go wrong with a kenwood

Old 02-06-2015, 08:56 PM
Rubiconrod
Senior User
Originally Posted by mikereidjr
I passed on it, I got the $200 garmin with bluetooth and wired it into my ignition. It powers up when I turn the truck on and off when the truck goes off.

I got the 4" screen and leave it in the lower left corner of the windshield using the glass cup.

I have a phone for work and in IL we need to be handsfree so it works out to have the one phone paired to the sync and the other phone paired to the GPS. Plus I can get weather radar and traffic on the GPS so thats pretty nice. I also get map updates for life which is slick, because my wife has GPS in her Jeep and it is a 2010 so the maps are pretty close but they are off in some areas, but not off enough to warrant me paying the $150 to buy the updated maps-

Just my thoughts-

Mike
Care to share how you hardwired your Garmin?

Quick Reply: Navigation Yes or No