Sponsored by:

What did you name your Ex?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:16 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What did you name your Ex?

So, I am curious if everyone will share a pic of their Ex, what they named it and why. This could also be the place to get help naming your Ex...

I will go first.

This is Harley Quinn. She is beautiful, a little crazy, turns heads everywhere she goes and just loves to have a good time.

Yes I know with this name I need some Harley headlights, and yes I know my Ex is not red, white or black, but she is sexy, and is completely devoted, yet will be nothing but trouble if I neglect her. A perfect name for a 6.0 Ex.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Very nice Puddin

Mine is "Dead Reckoning" for 2 reasons.
One is I can remember how to get anywhere I've ever been to again no matter how crazy the directions were without a map, GPS, or any other assistance. I can see everything in me head somehow and just "know where to go". It's weird.

Second is in the movie "Land of the Dead" Dead Reckoning is the bad *** truck that is unstoppable... it's the truck I would build if I had money or a need for said truck.

I have no belief that a zombie apocalypse is coming, but I do know things are getting messed up these days and I like to know I'm a little more protected than the guy next to me in his Mazda MPV

Also Harley Quinn was already taken...

Old 02-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
This could be fun!

Mine is Hulk, because hes big, green (for now), ugly (for now), and the strongest one there is!

He's a work in progress, but progress so far has been good.

Apoc, I really like those wheels.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:31 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm very original with my names for it. I call it one of two things "The Excursion" or "My Truck" now the issue I run into with the second is I end up having to say the first when people ask "which one??" I don't like giving human type names to cars/truck even though I treat them as part of the family.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:02 AM
Larry Grimes
Freshman User
Truck name

I call her white whale..arrrrrr

Old 02-03-2015, 05:52 AM
stpete
Senior User
I don't name my vehicles. But, I have been known to call it "that big white pain in my a**". Hopefully things go better and that name doesn't stick.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:12 AM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly
Name:  image-3969019580.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  610.6 KB

As you can see from my signature that I like to name my vehicles. This is Ox, so named because he's Oxford White and cuz he's big and bulky and blah blah blah and he tows my trailers.
Typically I don't drive cars that are girls. I'd post why that is but I'd rather not sleep on the couch tonight.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:06 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Ben, I know I've said this before but damn! I LOVE that rusted fender look! Also I thought those wheels would look to "fancy" when you first posted them but they look killer on your rig now especially with that snow dug into the treads Your truck is in the top 5 of mine on here. I love super clean trucks, but a well used work horse is hard to beat

Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
The '01 had a number of names over the years that didn't quite fit it until my Dad coined the term one morning. He called me because the '01 wasn't starting in the cold weather, his words were: "Rudolph isn't starting in this cold". From then on, the name stuck and rings true...Not only is it red like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer's nose, but it's also powered by an invention of Mr.Rudolph Diesel, so it was only fitting that it be named accordingly after thinking about it.

Name:  image-593949344.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  428.4 KB

The '05 started off as "Black Beauty", I felt so-so about it and didn't quite think it fit it well. Winter 2014 someone, somewhere asked me about the truck and why I needed such a Monstrous SUV, then it hit me: "The Monster". The name was very fitting and descriptive of the truck, so it definitely stuck as it's a Monstrous SUV with plenty of room and power. I'd also been referring to it as the "Tow Monster" since it always did such an awesome job effortlessly towing what I put behind it. And so the '05 was dubbed, "The Monster".

Name:  image-1655390862.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  290.3 KB

Name:  image-2708544722.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  220.4 KB

Old 02-03-2015, 08:29 AM
ADillon63
New User
This is Negro Grande. She will click 349K miles on the way home tonight.

And this is Orca. 225K miles V-10 4x4

Old 02-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Awesome thread Idea!

My 2005 Ford Excursion is named Stan.

I have never owned a male vehicle before. I discovered that he was male, due to the dangly thing (harmonic dampener) that's bolted to the transmission cross member. I ended up searching for what it was on google and ended up finding here on FTE.

The name Stan was coined because when I first drove him to work my co-workers said he look like the G-Man. That evening I was watching an episode of American Dad, and realized that Stan drove a big black SUV. I also believe he has Stan Smith's in your face attitude and determination. Secretly they may share the same political views. I guess time will tell...

Old 02-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
Awesome thread Idea!

My 2005 Ford Excursion is named Stan.

I have never owned a male vehicle before. I discovered that he was male, due to the dangly thing (harmonic dampener) that's bolted to the transmission cross member. I ended up searching for what it was on google and ended up finding FTE.

The name Stan was coined because when I first drove him to work my co-workers said he look like the G-Man. That evening I was watching an episode of American Dad, and realized that Stan drove a big black SUV.
You too huh? LMBO!

My Missus is a Manager at a "Section 8" apartment complex and she said that some of the residents were wondering if I was an Undercover Police Officer or FBI because of my black truck and how dark my Windows are tinted.

Sometimes when I pull over on the side of the road, I purposely angle my truck the way a police officer would and leave my markers on. The amount of people that slow down and tap their brakes as they fly by is funny.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Themoose56
Senior User
I call her "The Clydesdale"...she's big and slow but she's up to any task i throw her way.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Goes between Big Bertha and t-rEX depending on how I feel that day

Old 02-03-2015, 03:29 PM
KY60
Senior User
As a Joke, I told my wife we were going to start calling mine EXLAX, told her it's short for Excursion, Lower Alabama Express, now the kids just ask if we can take EXLAX when we go anywhere, so I guess the name has stuck. You know military folks love acronyms.

Quick Reply: What did you name your Ex?