Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Feb chat and general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:17 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well...guess the western frontier is going to suffer the wrath of the psychopath again. The rain has started and the temps are dropping....too bad the kids are already out of school (president's day). I shouldn't laugh too hard, they've been hoping for a snow day since before Christmas. I just wish that hateful witch would quite giving us the beautiful days during the week & crappy weather on the weekends.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Firewood stack is looking a lot better, had gotten down to just the short stack in the foreground. My back is telling me that I may have overdone it a little and there's still a load on the truck
I'm impressed! While the moderator might be sturing up crap...that's allot of cutting & splitting for a dizzy guy indeed! And it's a good thing you don't drive a Chubby in the woods...it wouldn't have made it with that many twigs stacked on it.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:01 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was no fun coming back from Houston this AM I 30 was just crap from Arkadelphia to the Rock .

Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Hey Dave,
Is that flatbed Slick in your picture an F250 or bigger?

I've found that the F100 I've got is a bit underrated for the work I do, regardless of the VIN tag GVW rating of 14k lbs. I'm interested in finding someone's neglected project and combining parts off my truck to make a runner.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:33 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Hey Dave,
Is that flatbed Slick in your picture an F250 or bigger?
I can answer that one, nope! I gave Dave that truck hoping he could find time to do something with it, I never could.

Last edited by cookie88; 02-20-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:32 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
A little humor that was in an email....

Bible = Basic Information Before Leaving Earth
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
It was no fun coming back from Houston this AM I 30 was just crap from Arkadelphia to the Rock .
We've still got ice in places (shady side of buildings & bridges)...and there's supposed to be another round coming tonight! It's weather like this that I don't miss my steering wheel holder days.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I can answer that one, nope! I gave Dave that truck hoping he could find time to do something with it, I never could.
Heh, when I bought my '61 it was the only non 3/4 ton truck I could find. Now that I actually want a 3/4 ton there aren't any around.
I would take a roller with no eng/trans. Would like it to be cheap and fairly complete and cancer free, but it doesn't have to look great because current plans are to paint it satin black.
Probably not wanting anything newer than '79.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:38 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
More snow, well we wondered the end of January/early Feburary if we'd see an actual winter around here. There's a bounty out on the rodent for now...wanted dead, not alive.
Probably not wanting anything newer than '79.
Guess that kills the '05 F250 I heard about today. I don't know much about it, other than it's got a 5.4L and a gear grinder.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:35 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by zhilton
More snow, well we wondered the end of January/early Feburary if we'd see an actual winter around here. There's a bounty out on the rodent for now...wanted dead, not alive.Guess that kills the '05 F250 I heard about today. I don't know much about it, other than it's got a 5.4L and a gear grinder.
With a company name and business involving vintage vehicles, I'd just feel better showing up in something old.
Besides, I've got an awesome motor/trans in that '61 that I'd like to hang on to and use. That's the main reason I'm looking for a Ford and not a bow tie. I know where plenty of bow ties that meet my requirements are, and you know my history with the brand.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:01 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
With a company name and business involving vintage vehicles, I'd just feel better showing up in something old.
I'll keep my eyes open down this way Wally. Problem is same as most areas, when scrap went so high most old stuff ended up as new Toyotas.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Steve Noland
Mountain Pass
Well. I took advantage of the break in the weather and the fact that they cancelled work today. I got a ride to Hopewell and drove my 74 C750 home!

Short clip:
http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y...psnvs31lyq.mp4

Old 02-25-2015, 12:17 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Steve Noland
Well. I took advantage of the break in the weather and the fact that they cancelled work today. I got a ride to Hopewell and drove my 74 C750 home!

Short clip:
http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y...psnvs31lyq.mp4
Pretty cool.. Is that Hwy 267?

Old 02-25-2015, 06:13 AM
Steve Noland
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by tojoski
Pretty cool.. Is that Hwy 267?
It is 267, between 16th section and Weir Cemetery.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:08 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Oh joy...more snow tonight. It's bad enough last night was down into the teens so this stuff is sticking...but hey! It's supposed to get up to 60 next week after we get by a round of thunderstorms. At least the long range forecast looks promising for next weekend.
I know a couple of guys on this end of the state that keep up with the good stuff (pre-'70s blue oval iron)...I'll see if they know of a 3/4 ton or Camper Special in the area that might be looking for a home. I'm assuming a one-ton chassis would work for a reasonable price? Felt I should gig you a little over that '05 5.4L truck...could have been one of those PowerStrokes.
Originally Posted by Steve Noland
391...that's a Y-block, right? And those C-chassis trucks were built in Louisville in what's now called Kentucky Truck Plant, right? Seems like I read somewhere on the internet (so it has to be true ) something like that. Does your still have all the pumps & hardware? Or did a fire department pull all the toys off of it before the retired it? Neat looking truck.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:36 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
391...that's a Y-block, right? And those C-chassis trucks were built in Louisville in what's now called Kentucky Truck Plant, right? Seems like I read somewhere on the internet (so it has to be true ) something like that. Does your still have all the pumps & hardware? Or did a fire department pull all the toys off of it before the retired it? Neat looking truck.
It's an FT if memory serves me, basically an FE series with a steel crank..and a few other differences.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:07 PM
riverking
5th Wheeling
Besides, I've got an awesome motor/trans in that '61 that I'd like to hang on to and use. That's the main reason I'm looking for a Ford and not a bow tie. I know where plenty of bow ties that meet my requirements are, and you know my history with the brand.
I know where a 70 3/4 dually is, not sure about shape. I might let go of my 78 wrecker.

Quick Reply: Feb chat and general BS thread