Dash Speaker Hole Area Repair Plate Finished - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Dash Speaker Hole Area Repair Plate Finished

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Postmaster

reamer has a good reputation on FTE.reamer has a good reputation on FTE.reamer has a good reputation on FTE.
Dash Speaker Hole Area Repair Plate Finished

O.K. The Dash Plate and collar are finished.
I am going to order 1 of each and take photos while installing in my extra dash pad.
This project was extensive with immense help from Gary Lewis. Gary did all the Cad Drawings, THANK YOU Gary, (look up "this 3-d Printing thing, gonna jump into the deep end" for photos)

Question The set, Dash plate and lock collar may be expensive @$150 for the set,

But to me this is a heck of a lot better looking that one of those "dash covers"
and you can "paint to match" when you get it!
Please post what you think!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:03 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant future
Just to show you what he's talking about:

Old 01-28-2015, 09:20 PM

ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Let us know how it works! I never did go verify the measurements of the surrounding hole on the underside for Gary, guess I don't need to anymore.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Postmaster

reamer has a good reputation on FTE.reamer has a good reputation on FTE.reamer has a good reputation on FTE.
Let's see what happens when some replies come in on this.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Elder User

maytag906 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks good! How would it attach? From underneath?
Old 01-29-2015, 01:36 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant futureGary Lewis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag906 View Post
Looks good! How would it attach? From underneath?
Yes. You cut the holes out, lay the top piece in from the top and then attach the collar from the bottom with sheetmetal screws and washers. Realizing the vinyl on the dash is brittle I'd just snug the screws down, evenly, to get a snug fit w/o adding stress to the vinyl and causing additional cracks.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Postmaster

Well I ordered 1 of each, should be here @ Feb. 17.
We will see how it fits, any mods needed, photos will be taken.
If all looks good, I will host it on the Shapeways website so you can purchase direct!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:07 AM
Posting Guru

BiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant future
im interested
Old 01-31-2015, 09:08 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Here's hoping your draftsman got it right.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:41 AM
Postmaster

Not sure about the draftsman... Never met the dude, Heard he's O.K. though..
Old 01-31-2015, 10:06 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

I've met him. Wasn't impressed. Seemed kinda old to me, and I'm always sceptical of those old people. What do they know about computers? Probably better off with a drafting table, pencil, and paper.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:07 AM
Postmaster

I KNOW I am! Pencils and paper I understand. that's why I let the pro handle this one....
Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Senior User

whisler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reamer View Post
Not sure about the draftsman... Never met the dude, Heard he's O.K. though..
I think you heard wrong. What they said was he was in OK.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:46 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisler View Post
I think you heard wrong. What they said was he was in OK.
LOL! Love it!
Old 01-31-2015, 03:49 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reamer View Post
I KNOW I am! Pencils and paper I understand. that's why I let the pro handle this one....
I forgot. I think we have a difference of opinion here. I thought "pro" means the participant gets paid. Just ask the NFL. In this case the participant did the paying - with bruises on his head, blood upon the wall, and lots of yelling.