Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Unique Issue. Please Help.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Mikes150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruhr1
Michael thanks for the information. I will pass this on to my dealer and push for the head to be replaced. I feel your frustration with this issue and like you I just want my truck fixed.

Chad
Hey Chad, has the dealer said anything about your truck yet?

Old 02-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Gerby Dutchy
Senior User
not sure if them 5.0 l engines have the same problem as the 5.4l ? but to me it sounds like a camphaser issue about time that ford gets their **** figured out with these engines

Old 02-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Mikes150
Junior User
Well I will be taking my truck in on Wednesday and I will be having the cylinder head replaced hopefully this fixes the problem. Ford stated that with low oil pressure it is the cylinder head that is causing these issues. I will keep you all updated.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:33 PM
Mikes150
Junior User
Michael thanks for the information. I will pass this on to my dealer and push for the head to be replaced.

Chad
I asked the dealer why the truck acts up and then when you restart the vehicle it is back to normal. They said that there is a little mechanism that allows oil to go up through the engine but not down and it is sticking or something like that and then they said it causes low oil pressure.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:53 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mikes150
Today the ford dealer told me how much they appreciate me and thanked me for being very patient. They showed me everything that engineering has sent down. Today I couldn't be happier with the way they made me feel.

I picked up my truck today and it has an oil pressure gauge attached to it and they told me to watch it and when the truck acts up look at the gauge to see what it says if it is below 10PSI then there is for sure a problem with the head. On my way home from the dealer I stopped at the gas station to grab a snack before work. The truck had acted up very mildly I looked at the gauge and it was surging at around 10 psi along with my RPMs. I wrote it down and will continue to monitor the gauge.

I know I may have been upset and wrote a few things on here to put down ford. But Riverside Ford has really stepped up to the plate to help with this issue they really seem to care and that is what I appreciate. Now I will be even happier when my truck is repaired.
It's very easy to get frustrated and discouraged, glad you are getting some satisfaction. Hopefully they can accurately diagnose and repair the issue and you'll have many more years of trouble free service. I applaud the patience you've shown, I've often let my temper get the best of me in these situations and exacerbated the problem, at my expense. I know it can be "trying" sometimes, to say the least.
Keep us posted, hopefully you're experience can help others also.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:40 AM
cruhr1
New User
I asked the dealer why the truck acts up and then when you restart the vehicle it is back to normal. They said that there is a little mechanism that allows oil to go up through the engine but not down and it is sticking or something like that and then they said it causes low oil pressure.
Thanks Michael. I have been sharing all of this info with my service manager. He is also very curious to see if the cylinder head replacement will fix the problem. If it does then that's what they will be doing on my truck. I have not had an issue in nearly two weeks but it's always been an intermittent problem for me so I'm expecting it to act up again soon. Let me know how your truck runs when you get it back.

Thanks,

Chad

Old 02-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Mikes150
Junior User
The dealership called and said they found the problem!! When they pulled the head off there was a small piece of metal that was circulating through causing the vehicle to act up during the times that it did. So excited they found the issue. Its amazing how something so small can make a truck act the way it did

Old 02-26-2015, 09:29 PM
cruhr1
New User
The dealership called and said they found the problem!! When they pulled the head off there was a small piece of metal that was circulating through causing the vehicle to act up during the times that it did. So excited they found the issue. Its amazing how something so small can make a truck act the way it did
Michael did they end up replacing the head then or did they just clean everything out and put the old head back on? Sounds like the low oil pressure from the blockage is absolutely the cause though. Give an update after you've driven it for a few days. I hope this is the fix.

-Chad

Old 02-26-2015, 09:43 PM
Mikes150
Junior User
Michael did they end up replacing the head then or did they just clean everything out and put the old head back on? Sounds like the low oil pressure from the blockage is absolutely the cause though. Give an update after you've driven it for a few days. I hope this is the fix.

-Chad
They are still going to replace the head. This will be my last post until March 9th. I will be soaking up the sun in Arizona. When I get my truck back will for sure keep you updated.

Also please let me know what they do to your truck to see if we have a similar issue.

Thanks!
-Michael

Old 03-21-2015, 11:18 AM
cruhr1
New User
They are still going to replace the head. This will be my last post until March 9th. I will be soaking up the sun in Arizona. When I get my truck back will for sure keep you updated.

Also please let me know what they do to your truck to see if we have a similar issue.

Thanks!
-Michael

Hi Michael. Just checking in to see how your truck has been running since the repairs were done? My truck is going in on Monday. They are going to remove the head and see if there are any blocked oil passages or foreign objects circulating like yours had. Let me know.

Thanks,

Chad

Old 03-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Mikes150
Junior User
Hi Michael. Just checking in to see how your truck has been running since the repairs were done? My truck is going in on Monday. They are going to remove the head and see if there are any blocked oil passages or foreign objects circulating like yours had. Let me know.

Thanks,

Chad
So far I have no complaints, the truck runs good! Keep me updated about Monday.
Thanks,
-Michael

Old 03-22-2015, 09:41 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad to hear they have worked on your truck issue and have done their best to resolve the problem!

Old 04-05-2015, 10:19 AM
cruhr1
New User
Problem Solved!

So far I have no complaints, the truck runs good! Keep me updated about Monday.
Thanks,
-Michael

It's been a few weeks now since I got my truck back and I'm happy to report that it is finally fixed. They removed the cylinder head and low and behold there was small circle piece of the head gasket inside one of the oil galleries. It was sitting right underneath the head gasket when it was removed. This little circle piece is what was causing the oil flow restriction to one cylinder head. My truck runs great now thanks to this forum and my service manager being open to the info I provided from here. Ford did not want them to pull that head but they did it anyway and now the problem is solved. Thanks everyone!

-Chad

Old 04-05-2017, 02:46 PM
stever06
New User
I know this is an old thread just wondered if there was more people with this issue?
Did the trucks that had the head removed still good to go? I have a 2013 FX4 5.0 doing the exact same thing. 42000 miles and of course its out of warranty.