Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2002, 11:19 PM
New User

riffraff is starting off with a positive reputation.
Re-Programming the Remote Keyless Entry

I have the procedure to re-program (add a new remote to) the remote keyless entry on 1994 (and similar) F-Series. The procedure first involves jumping some pins at the "programming connector" so said to be located at the base of the steering column.

Does anyone know which (of the many) connectors this refers to?

Old 03-31-2002, 10:40 AM
Freshman User

Mattman1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Post Re-Programming the Remote Keyless Entry

O.K. It is a gray two wire connector. There is nothing plugged in to it. It is located right behind the little cubby hole thingy to the right lower area of the column. When you jump it the locks should cycle. This confirms that you are in program mode. Then you need all remotes you will be using with this truck. One at a time lock or unlock the doors. Make sure you program all remotes at the same time, I blieve the system is set up for up to 4 remotes.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:25 PM
New User

riffraff is starting off with a positive reputation.

got it working, thanks!
Old 03-31-2002, 01:52 PM
Senior User

CantDrive55 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 PM
New User

JimTZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can't see any connector behind the little cubby hole thingy on my 94 F150. It also has the factory alarm --- does that make a difference?

Jim
Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 PM
New User

rken801 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1994 F-150 XLT reprogramming keyless entry

I recently installed a new receiver module as my old one burnt up. I found an open 2 prong connector under the steering column that was taped into the wire cluster. I bent a paperclip into a U with small half-loops at the ends. I put it into the connector touching the prongs and then turned the key to ACC position. My truck immediately clicked the locks and then I hit any button on my first remote. My truck folowed with another clicking of the locks and then I repeated with the other remote and it clicked the locks ,also. Then I turned the key off and there was one last clicking of the door locks and then I removed my paperclip. Now everything works perfectly with both of my remotes!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:51 PM
New User

BULLYXVIII is starting off with a positive reputation.
I located the grey connector & the 2 pins.

Then I shorted the 2 pins together while the key was in the ignition on acc. Nothing happened. Anyone have knowledge of what this means or what the problem can be?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:56 AM
New User

PKTDERK is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
I have the procedure to re-program (add a new remote to) the remote keyless entry on 1994 (and similar) F-Series. The procedure first involves jumping some pins at the "programming connector" so said to be located at the base of the steering column.

Does anyone know which (of the many) connectors this refers to?

My 1994 F-150 did the same thing. I wonder if electric locks were standard, but the keyless remote receiver was not. Maybe our trucks don't have the receiver installed. When I short out the grey programming connector, with the key in the "ON/ACC" position, the locks do not cycle to indicate I am in programming mode. It makes me wonder if there is even a receiver to program. Does anyone know where the receiver is located?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Elder User

thechief66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.thechief66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Very few trucks of our era had remote keyless entry. Being equipped with power locks doesn't mean you have RKE.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Freshman User

CHRGD is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just did my 1994 F150, my old remote went bad. I followed the above explanation, and my locks did not work either. Upon looking around I found another connector taped to the harness for the security system. Just a bit to the right of the column. The one taped to the wires for the column is not the one you need. They look identical, but use the one to the far right, grey connector, 2 wires, with nothing plugged into it. Thanks guys for this process. Saved me a bunch of headaches!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:38 PM