1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck stalled could be the straw that broke the camels back

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by 92f150I6
try cleaning out the idle air controller with some throttle body cleaner. it might be sticking somewhat.
I did that numerous times and this summer i even added a brand new one one Ford

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-19-2015, 08:42 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Bigpipes 35
You are so full of it, you will have that truck till you die...
LOL yea i know. I will however be buying a little beater truck for work cuz the roads to the port are HORRIBLE plus the dirt from all the semi trucks and traffic are killing my paint. Once i het the beater my truck will most likely be getting a 4" lift with 35's since it will turn into my going out only vehicle.
Still gotta fix this issue with the idle first...

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Bigpipes 35
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
LOL yea i know. I will however be buying a little beater truck for work cuz the roads to the port are HORRIBLE plus the dirt from all the semi trucks and traffic are killing my paint. Once i het the beater my truck will most likely be getting a 4" lift with 35's since it will turn into my going out only vehicle.
Still gotta fix this issue with the idle first...

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Having a beater is the only way to go, Mine has been in storage since the end of October. I love the fact that mine has never seen snow or salt for that matter.. Yours will look awesome with the lift and tires,

Old 01-20-2015, 05:55 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Mine has also been in the garage since Nov with the only excursion being to get our 14' Christmas tree.

I also love knowing that I may, may be extending the life of parts due to less corrosion. And when it comes time to sell having a clean body can help.

But I don't have a beater truck. In fact I wouldn't consider the Escape a beater. It's actually a really nice vehicle with higher miles. Oddly enough I actually enjoy driving it and kind of forget I even own a truck.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:56 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Im actually looking for a ford eacape, with the dog and two kids it would be perfect for a second vehicle and I'm assuming gets better mpg than my SD? Only thing the four i found on craigslist all had blown motors whats up with that?

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-20-2015, 07:29 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Im actually looking for a ford eacape, with the dog and two kids it would be perfect for a second vehicle and I'm assuming gets better mpg than my SD? Only thing the four i found on craigslist all had blown motors whats up with that?

iPhone from IB AutoGroup
2008 and earlier have garbage transmissions. I had to replace mine. I actually bought from a dealer and paid for it but the CL ones I found were whooped. Just do an internet search on CD4E transmissions. Some have luck but I did not. It was essentially made for the Ford Probe and stuffed into the Escape. Bad choice. I do like the vehicle minus the $2300 chunk it took out of me. But hopefully it lasts 5 years all around.

When I did the true beater route I just bought and sold each year. It's amazing how people will buy junk cars with issues.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:17 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MDSuperDuty
XL. Really? Would you option the power windows and such or be totally bare bones?
Bare bones xl is the only type of truck I will own. All the cosmetics of the xlt look pretty but don't last. Fake chrome peeling off of mirrors, chrome bumpers rusting, composite headlights fading, replacing power window and lock motors, having to baby the carpet and seats, etc.

For sdscaler. Totally a shot in the dark here, but mine has done exactly what you have mentioned on two occasions. Both times it came after I did a lot of driving in salty conditions. I changed the air filter and put sealant on the new one and it hasn't done it since.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:04 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Phillips91 actually when it did it we were having a down pour. All the other times it was normal nice weather, and my air filter is only a few months old

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-20-2015, 10:33 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Phillips91 actually when it did it we were having a down pour. All the other times it was normal nice weather, and my air filter is only a few months old

iPhone from IB AutoGroup
With mine it wasn't in bad weather either, but when I drove it by the beach and all the salt was in the air. It's only done it twice in the 12 years I've had it, so not as bad as yours, but salty, wet air seemed to be what caused mine to act up.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:42 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Yea might be but when i got to the beach in the summer the truck has never done it in four years that ive been with my girlfriend. Its always when im leaving for work or trying to run errands

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-21-2015, 09:09 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Truck hasn't acted up since the other day but when i left for work this morning i left my development and as soon as i gave the truck throttle i heard this loud whining squeal sound? Let off the throttle it went away, i coasted for forty or fifty feet no sound gave it throttle again and that squeal came back! After wight seconds it went away and didn't come back....any thoughts?

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-21-2015, 10:06 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Truck hasn't acted up since the other day but when i left for work this morning i left my development and as soon as i gave the truck throttle i heard this loud whining squeal sound? Let off the throttle it went away, i coasted for forty or fifty feet no sound gave it throttle again and that squeal came back! After wight seconds it went away and didn't come back....any thoughts?

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Something belt driven worn out?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:22 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by MDSuperDuty
Something belt driven worn out?
From what i looked at and grabbed and pulled on etc there was nothing obvious

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-21-2015, 11:23 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
I will say the past week maybe week and a half it feels like my power steering is a lot weaker than normal could that be it? Changed fluid again last winter and i checked it today and its full and nice and clean red

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
I will say the past week maybe week and a half it feels like my power steering is a lot weaker than normal could that be it? Changed fluid again last winter and i checked it today and its full and nice and clean red

iPhone from IB AutoGroup
Explain how your power steering is going to cause a surging idle.

Sent from my mind thanks to the Internet and an app.

Quick Reply: Truck stalled could be the straw that broke the camels back