6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Heated Steering Wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 04:06 AM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heated Steering Wheel?

I tried to post this alredy but guess it didn't take.

I have a 2015 Platinum Superduty that came with a heated steering wheel but cannot figure how to turn it on and off.
I have looked for a dash swirch and in the climate portion of the touch screen with no luck. My wife's car has a simple dash mounted switch and also a temp sensor that cuts it on automatically when cold. No such luck with truck.

My owners manual, dealer, and the online Ford rep I called so far have been of no help. It seems no one can fiure it out.

I reckon there must be SOMEONE out there in this forum that knows the answer.
Any help will be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:02 AM
Mtncrash1
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
On the climate screen where the driver seat controls are you have from left to right... Heat for the seat, Ac for the seat and, steering wheel heat.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:11 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Here's a pic of what Mtncrash is saying

This is the climate quadrant of my home screen. It is also accessible from the climate screen though.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
I certainly do not remember ever seeing that. I will be mighty embarrassed if it turns out to be that simple. I am at work today and truck is at home so I can't check it right now but will do so later.

I'll bet though (a little, but not a lot) that my truck does NOT have that. I have had trouble with the touch screen and am on the 4th one. That my have something to do with it. It wouldn't work when I got it and I went through 4 screens in one week until they finally found one that works. No trouble since.

I wonder why Ford tech center didn't know this, nor did the dealer. There are so many options even they can't keep track of them all.

Thank you for your help.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:33 AM
metfancowboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a Platinum, you have it.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Yes, it is listed on the window sticker and alleged standard on the Platinum.
I will definitely check it out when I get home.
Thanks

Old 01-17-2015, 09:41 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you don't have it something happened during all of the screen swaps and they owe it to you and any other functions that might have gone awry.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Checked my truck this afternoon. There is NO steering wheel icon on either the home screen or the climate screen. It must be the screen change. They got the last screen from a new Lariat sitting on the lot. Lariat does not have the heat.
Back to the dealer Monday or when they have the necessary parts. I have no doubt dealer will make it right.

I buy my Fords from a dealer I have worked with for 30 years. I have to drive about 70 miles round trip and I feel certain I could get a little better deal elsewhere, but I know they will treat me right. It is worth it.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
P.S. All you Platinum owners should keep this in mind if you need to have your screen and/or electrical parts replaced.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:36 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,186 Likes on 570 Posts
Glad you figured it out. It got me thinking though. I really prefer plain old switches and buttons for things. BMW started the whole thing with I-Drive a decade ago and everyone continues to follow suit. I realize it's to make the dash look less cluttered but I would happily choose cluttered if it meant each thing has its own hard button as opposed to getting switched through a menu. I just know where buttons are by muscle memory and can reach down and turn things on/off without looking. The whole navigate menus to change everything is not for me...

Old 01-17-2015, 03:39 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's the one thing I don't like about my '15. My '11 had a dang button.....

Old 01-17-2015, 04:11 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
We have back-up buttons for a lot of the stuff that is also accessible from the screen, but the seats and wheel are not among those items. I would have preferred buttons as well. There are a lot of times while bouncing down our wonderful roads here, that I try to activate something through the screen and end up accidentally selecting something else, or getting the quadrant instead, and then have to hunt for the button on that screen. Kind of a pain.

Back on topic, hopefully, the dealer can just tell your new screen that the truck is a Platinum and won't actually have to change any actual parts. I would think it is just a programming thing.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:19 AM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Think i might trade my 11 in just to get the heated steering wheel,lol.... I dont think it will fly with the wife ,need a better reason.... Back to my cold steering wheel.I guess ill survive without it.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:21 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Maybe if you let her drive yours when it's cold, then test drive one with the heated wheel you can convince her!

Old 01-18-2015, 09:26 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,186 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by rtazz17
Think i might trade my 11 in just to get the heated steering wheel,lol.... I dont think it will fly with the wife ,need a better reason.... Back to my cold steering wheel.I guess ill survive without it.

Here you go. I just saved you thousands and your marriage...

Amazon.com: Heated Steering Wheel Cover: Automotive Amazon.com: Heated Steering Wheel Cover: Automotive

Quick Reply: Heated Steering Wheel?