New trailer necessities?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:29 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Don't know why the dupes - wierd stuff on FTE this morning... Sorry

I got it. It is responding slow for me too.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:48 PM
wingedone
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Will look into doing 2 hoses. Does 25' usually work or am I better with 50's? what about the septic/ black system? Any tips or pointers?

I have 1 50'. Unlike wire, those hoses really don't take a lot of room or add that much weight. One less leak to deal with if you need 2 25's. But 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Sounds like you got a lot of good advice on black tanks.

Check out Youtube for interesting tips. Might find many you can use.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:48 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by mudfuel06
Also, look into some type of system to hold the hoses in the bumper, the little black plastic inserts don't last very well, I just lost my sewer hose yesterday driving down the Turnpike.

Should be good there, this is a toyhauler and has the tube under the trailer with a bayonette cap. But its pretty short from the looks of it. Will have to see what fits.

Originally Posted by senix
Also this new unit may come with cleanouts so that should be an easy thing to do but get some of the cleaner to pour in the tanks on occasion too.

We will have the black tank flush on the unit. Came with the "wife had to have" Premier Package.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:45 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
Here's the BEST way to treat your black water holding tank.... as well as the greys.
https://sites.google.com/site/cbruni/

Old 01-14-2015, 04:07 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slide Out Lube(or equivalent). Also, learn how to and have the proper tools to manually retract the slides just in case of a mechanical failure.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:52 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My suggestion is to wait until you see what you need... EVERYWHERE you go there's a walmart close by and can get most of it...

I have $500 worth of stuff in the storage building that were might needs that I took out after 4 trips and got tired of lugging them around...

chairs, tools, sewer stuff, water stuff, and electrical is the only things you NEED, part of the fun is figuring out what YOU need, not what we need

good luck !

Old 01-14-2015, 09:45 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 437 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by FordxFour
Slide Out Lube(or equivalent). Also, learn how to and have the proper tools to manually retract the slides just in case of a mechanical failure.
Amen, I'm looking at buying a bigger trailer with a slide, and knowing I can get that slide back in no matter what breakdown occurs is very important to me. I camp off pavement pretty often, and getting a mobile RV tech out would cost me thousands and possibly several days.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Chalkie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
My suggestion is to wait until you see what you need... EVERYWHERE you go there's a walmart close by and can get most of it...

I have $500 worth of stuff in the storage building that were might needs that I took out after 4 trips and got tired of lugging them around...

chairs, tools, sewer stuff, water stuff, and electrical is the only things you NEED, part of the fun is figuring out what YOU need, not what we need

good luck !

Further to this comment, I would add that you likely have no need for the kingpin stabilizer. Save your money until you see how it sets up. The only thing on OUR trailer forward of the landing gear is the bedroom closet and a stabilizer would do nothing.

Lot's of good comments above in the thread. I personally carry small gas grill and a 2-burner Coleman stove so we can cook outside as much as possible and not get the trailer full of cooking odors.

Someone suggested a brush and extension pole to get rid of the bugs. I agree whole heartedly, but would suggest springing for the AeroCosmetics kit. Not inexpensive, but works very well and uses no water. Many campgrounds will not allow washing vehicles. Amazon.com: RV Aircraft Waterless Wash Wax Mop Kit: Automotive

Old 01-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Chalkie
Further to this comment, I would add that you likely have no need for the kingpin stabilizer. Save your money until you see how it sets up. The only thing on trailer forward of the landing gear is the bedroom closet and a stabilizer would do nothing.
The bed in this trailer is all the way up against the nose. I'll give it a go before I drop the cash.

Lot's of good comments above in the thread. I personally carry small gas grill and a 2-burner Coleman stove so we can cook outside as much as possible and not get the trailer full of cooking odors.
We have always taken a gas grill along with us for the same reasons. But that one is getting retired when the new trailer comes in. Planning to pick up a new collapsible one with a stockpile of Cabelas points I've been hoarding.

Someone suggested a brush and extension pole to get rid of the bugs. I agree whole heartedly, but would suggest springing for the AeroCosmetics kit. Not inexpensive, but works very well and uses no water. Many campgrounds will not allow washing vehicles. Amazon.com: RV Aircraft Waterless Wash Wax Mop Kit: Automotive

At least in the beginning, most of our trips will be limited to weekends or maybe 4 or 5 days at a time. Planning to wash at home for now.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Well, I got the call today the trailer is in! Hopefully I can get there on Saturday for a walk through and some pics. Started the process by ordering a Camco premium (blue) (50') water host last night. Needed a few extra $ to get free shipping on amazon. I will probably buy a 25' too. Don't think 50' will be long enough to fill the fresh tank at home. I think I'm not going to cover it at the dealers lot before we pick it up, I'd rather be able to keep an eye on the cover.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:45 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
you need to do the pdI anyway. Be sure to turn on everything. Take a electric outlet tester and check all circuits too.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Congratz on the news and of course we wanna see too!!!

You lost me on the comment regarding the cover..

Old 01-19-2015, 08:45 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Congratz on the news and of course we wanna see too!!!

You lost me on the comment regarding the cover..

We are doing a spring delivery, so it will be staying on the dealers lot til March. I'd hate to go to pick it up and find a $300 cover torn to shreds because it came loose. I'm only about an hour from the dealer, but its an hour in a direction I rarely head.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:52 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Okay - Gotcha!!!! Makes sense now!

Old 01-21-2015, 09:08 PM
OneTonCamper
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X2 on the pdi...Make them hook up a TV to all the cable/satellite ports and make sure they work.

Quick Reply: New trailer necessities?