6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Low Fuel Pressure Warning message

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Randy. I couldn't use the truck in the space with. Front hitch either. The doorway, brick work, landscaping and trees will not allow it. It has to be backed in perfectly straight and I can't even come close to the room I need. Even if I remove trees and add extra concrete, I would be pushing it. If I keep the boat, I will need a ParkIt360 type device, bigger tractor, or downsize the truck.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt93
Hi Randy. I couldn't use the truck in the space with. Front hitch either. The doorway, brick work, landscaping and trees will not allow it. It has to be backed in perfectly straight and I can't even come close to the room I need. Even if I remove trees and add extra concrete, I would be pushing it. If I keep the boat, I will need a ParkIt360 type device, bigger tractor, or downsize the truck.
Darned trees.... Spend a fortune watering them all summer and trying to keep the lawn healthy underneath them - then spend most of the fall picking up their leaves... Sure is nice to sit in their shade having a cold one after work though...

Bigger tractor sounds like the right answer to me!!!!

Old 01-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
The trees are great to have, especially in an area where trees are rare to have. I may be able to cut one down and pour to the edge of another, but more than likely I would have to remove a few. It's going to pain me to cut some down in the backyard for a pool, but it must be done. We have quite a few back there.

A bigger tractor would be nice, but it wouldn't get its full use at the house. I wish I would have known the issue before ordering the snowblower, as it would have made more sense if I could use a blower attachment with a bigger tractor. The easiest thing would be to downsize the boat and/or the tow vehicle.

We will see. I'm in no hurry as I still need to replace a bunch of fishing gear anyways. I'm not looking forward to that at all. Of course if I downsize my boat, I will have to lessen the gear load anyways. I would hate to tow some small tin rig with an F350. I'm quite sure I would make one of those funny pics on a Dodge or Chevy forum ROR. Ugh.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:59 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Steve, would a decent sized 4-wheeler drag the boat around? Speaking of fishing gear, did you get it all replaced yet?

Old 01-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Thom12
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The trees are great to have, especially in an area where trees are rare to have. I may be able to cut one down and pour to the edge of another, but more than likely I would have to remove a few. It's going to pain me to cut some down in the backyard for a pool, but it must be done. We have quite a few back there.

A bigger tractor would be nice, but it wouldn't get its full use at the house. I wish I would have known the issue before ordering the snowblower, as it would have made more sense if I could use a blower attachment with a bigger tractor. The easiest thing would be to downsize the boat and/or the tow vehicle.

We will see. I'm in no hurry as I still need to replace a bunch of fishing gear anyways. I'm not looking forward to that at all. Of course if I downsize my boat, I will have to lessen the gear load anyways. I would hate to tow some small tin rig with an F350. I'm quite sure I would make one of those funny pics on a Dodge or Chevy forum ROR. Ugh.

Wow Steve, I think you have achieved a first here on FTE, it appears you have hijacked your own thread!

Just kidding!
Hope the young'n feels better soon!

Old 01-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,946 Likes on 1,580 Posts
There is ONLY one choice Steve..........Tractor

Also, Remember Marine..........
MEN drive trucks...........
Wanta-bees drive sports cars..............

So........What the hell is the problem Sargent........

Old 01-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Steve, would a decent sized 4-wheeler drag the boat around? Speaking of fishing gear, did you get it all replaced yet?
That is what my neighbor does............Then he has a plow on the 4-wheeler for winter........Then get a little garden trailer for the 4-wheeler..Fill it with ice and beer and ??? for the pool parties.........

See........Problem solved Marine........

Old 01-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Oh......One final thought.........

If you sell the truck...........

Doug and I are coming to your house and drag your sorry azz out side and wip your butt.......Then cement a sign in your front yard that says, "This sorry azz Marine was beat to the dirt by two Squids"

Carry on Sergeant............

Old 01-15-2015, 12:28 AM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by roadrunner01
I would be extremely hesitant to continue operating any diesel when I was made aware of partially clogged fuel filters. If you're in cold enough weather to let fuel start to gel, driving down the road will only make the condition worse, wind chill.

I wasn't aware that the 6.7 cut the fuel in this situation, thanks for the info.

I do not believe wind chill has any effect t on a machine. It is the evaporation on the skin that makes you feel colder. I was told today that using too much PM23 will clog your filters. More like destroy them I don't use enough fuel to get winter fuel fast enough. I put in 20 gallons Dec 2 and10 yesterday. Do you think New England fuel is winterized Dec 2? Ialways use the same Irving station and every time I am there 2, 3, or 3 ambulances fill up so they use a lot of fuel and those guys need good fuel.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:38 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Funny I moved from a state that never gets winter blend to a state that rarely gets summer blend. But I can sure tell the difference in smell and appearance. (And mileage)

Old 01-15-2015, 02:49 AM
roadrunner01
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CornTruckDriver
I do not believe wind chill has any effect t on a machine. It is the evaporation on the skin that makes you feel colder. I was told today that using too much PM23 will clog your filters. More like destroy them I don't use enough fuel to get winter fuel fast enough. I put in 20 gallons Dec 2 and10 yesterday. Do you think New England fuel is winterized Dec 2? Ialways use the same Irving station and every time I am there 2, 3, or 3 ambulances fill up so they use a lot of fuel and those guys need good fuel.
You are correct, wind chill has no effect on the "machine", but wind chill does effect fuel as while driving it will cool it much faster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_diesel_fuel
I know wiki isn't the most reliable source, but it at least gives some background on the subject.

Depending on your location, Dec. should offer winterized fuel. I am located in OH and my available fuel isn't treated with #1 anymore, hasn't been for over 20 years. Proper fuel additives are used as they are much cheaper and very effective, as long as they're added above the cloud point (approx. 32-35f).

I have never heard of too much additive destroying fuel filters, I always use the recommended dosage. One cannot think if dosage is, for example, 4 oz. treats 13 gal., if I add twice as much it will be better, it doesn't work like that. Non alcohol based additives (which is what I use and is MUCH safer for any diesel) need to be added above the cloud-point, as long as you are fueling from underground tanks temp shouldn't be an issue as ground temp shouldn't drop below 48f.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:59 AM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by roadrunner01
You are correct, wind chill has no effect on the "machine", but wind chill does effect fuel as while driving it will cool it much faster.

Winter diesel fuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know wiki isn't the most reliable source, but it at least gives some background on the subject.

Depending on your location, Dec. should offer winterized fuel. I am located in OH and my available fuel isn't treated with #1 anymore, hasn't been for over 20 years. Proper fuel additives are used as they are much cheaper and very effective, as long as they're added above the cloud point (approx. 32-35f).

I have never heard of too much additive destroying fuel filters, I always use the recommended dosage. One cannot think if dosage is, for example, 4 oz. treats 13 gal., if I add twice as much it will be better, it doesn't work like that. Non alcohol based additives (which is what I use and is MUCH safer for any diesel) need to be added above the cloud-point, as long as you are fueling from underground tanks temp shouldn't be an issue as ground temp shouldn't drop below 48f.

PM23 is 4oz to 25 gal. Tank holds 38?? 6 oz??? Have to add to fuel already in the tank. So it will be 20F ?? Recirculating fuel
should warm the fuel and mix it, I guess. Destroying filters is what the dealer tod me.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:50 AM
roadrunner01
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Any extra additive will only harm your wallet, not filters or any engine parts. I was using the 4 oz./13 gal. as only an example as that's what my additive mixture is for the winter formula.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Good morning all.

After driving the KR yesterday, I opened the fuel separator and drained it for a bit. Checked out the jar and surprisingly, everything looked pretty good, but again, I haven't driven her much. I'm going to continue to do drain throughout this tank.

I would get out and drive more today, but I'm on day 4 with a sick kid. At least we were able to get a Dr apt this afternoon. We need more healthcare professionals around here for sure.

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
I have a YFZ450, and the only thing it hauls is azz. . I'm getting ready to sell it as it just sits and I'm not capable of riding it like it should be ridden with a fake shoulder. I would consider a utility ATV, but I won't get the use out of it unless I'm moving the boat. With a tractor, at least I can mow the yard with it. I appreciate the idea though.

Originally Posted by Thom12
Wow Steve, I think you have achieved a first here on FTE, it appears you have hijacked your own thread!

Just kidding!
Hope the young'n feels better soon!
its been in a few directions for sure. Thanks for the wishes on my son. Hate seeing him so sick.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Kids are on day 5 of being home sick. Doctor says 4 more days to go.

Quick Reply: Low Fuel Pressure Warning message