6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Low Fuel Pressure Warning message

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 05:39 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
As if you don't get ripped off enough at the pump, they throw **** in the fuel and ruin your expensive HPFP system and get away with it.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Steve , Glad to hear your up and running again
Hope the child gets feeling better too.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:15 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
Outstanding results... When performing you DFCM drains I would archive a container of that crap and deliver it to the store manager and ask them what they're going to do about it.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:33 PM
watchluvr4ever
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roadrunner01
As far as I know Stanadyne blends/bottles the Motorcraft fuel additive, along with the Deere additive I use. In my opinion Stanadyne is the BEST fuel additive one can buy, I use the Deere additive out of convienence as I have a Deere dealer close.
I saw some info that stated the Ford additives are actually made by Gold Eagle.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Sgt Steve - Couple of things. Any diesel would have failed with bad fuel. I would go back to the station and find out what is going on. They may pay your repair bill - at least the fuel filter replacement part of it.

Second - When are getting another Jeep?

Sorry you can't seem to get a break with these Ford Diesels. I guess I shouldn't complain that the fuel places here retty much run mostly kerosene. Crappy mileage, but the beasts run. I had a 45 minute regen occur on the highway today coming home. Still not even sure it finished either.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:50 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt93
Hi Doug, you know, I was told a story about a guy using kerosene to help cut some bad fuel. Maybe that was being gently implied during the conversation today, hmmm . I poured a bunch of the white bottle Power Service in the tank as well.

I wouldn't pour kerosene into your tank no matter what kind of crap fuel is in there. Stick to your fuel additive like Power Service if your going to run the fuel in your tank.

Good luck...

Old 01-14-2015, 02:18 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger
I wouldn't pour kerosene into your tank no matter what kind of crap fuel is in there. Stick to your fuel additive like Power Service if your going to run the fuel in your tank.

Good luck...
Isn't that what the fuel companies do to make #2 work in the cold (blend kerosene in?)

I thought #1 was mostly kero?

--

I would try and find a good source for winter blend fuel and top off with it. As you run around it will blend in. And I agree that running good additives is the way to go. When it gets below zero again, I plan on putting several jars of diesel out with different additives in it to see which is the best.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:18 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Morning all. Still dealing with a sick child. Day 3 of 100 degree temps. It seems to be more sinus than anything, so trying to get him into the Dr today.

Originally Posted by my_crib_too

So going forward, are you going to fill-up at Mobil or Shell?
That's a good question. Both of these stations deal with a lot of diesel, and it's a reason why I use them so much. They were the first in the area to drop to under $3 a gallon, which emptied the tanks a few times.

My issue is that I have been topping off the tanks from either station when they hit the 3/4 mark, so it makes it more difficult to tell which station is at fault, without speaking with the other 'victims' of this debacle. What I believe I'm going to do is use a truck stop not far away for a while before switching back. I've been using these two stations for years without issues though. It's certainly a costly gamble and I'm not much of a gambler!

Originally Posted by 92F350CC
As if you don't get ripped off enough at the pump, they throw **** in the fuel and ruin your expensive HPFP system and get away with it.
I sure wish I could pin-point the station. I believe I visited the Mobil last as my daughter was actually driving the truck. I'm not positive though. I could look at receipts to verify I suppose. It sucks for sure, but it is what it is.

I often wonder how all of the yuppy diesel BMW's and Audi's etc do in these scenarios. I came close to buying a Porsche Cayenne diesel but was waiting for Porsche (Audi) to bring their Euro engine stateside, which is suppose to be in a year or so. It makes some impressive numbers.

Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Steve , Glad to hear your up and running again
Hope the child gets feeling better too.
Thanks. It's day 3 that little man has been home. I think it's time to get him to a Dr. Especially since it seems more sinus related than flu related.

Originally Posted by Troy Buenger
Outstanding results... When performing you DFCM drains I would archive a container of that crap and deliver it to the store manager and ask them what they're going to do about it.
That's a great idea Troy. I need some more Ball jars.... That sounds horrible, I know

Old 01-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Back to the 'another vehicle' subject.

First, I love this truck. It really doesn't have anything to do with the truck itself. It's more about how my situation and needs have changed, or are changing again. Sure the truck has some quirks, but they are minor.

The improvement over my 2011 F250 is impressive. I still wish Ford listened to the multiple surveys I completed, and took care of things like radio volume buttons that change the channels at times. Minor, yes; annoying for something you reported several times 4 years ago, and it's still doing it on your 70+K truck; you know it. They did add the heated rear seat option though. So they are listening slightly, it's just that their comprehension must be lacking

We were planning on adding a lake house in the south, and eventually moving to it full time. I spent several weeks looking at homes last fall if you remember. As we were getting ready to make an offer on one, the one home we would buy locally that we wanted, all of a sudden became available. My wife and kids love that home, and all of my son's friends live in the area etc. We decided to look at it and it was game over. My daughter still has two years till graduation anyways, so we bought our dream home.

What's the one thing I don't like about the home? The damn driveway. As some of you have heard me complain, it's not only a 90 degree turn, but the setup, landscaping, trees etc bordering do not allow me to get my boat and truck remotely close to the boat garage bay. A shorter vehicle would help.

With that being said, I won't be traveling out of state as much as we plan on adding an inground pool soon, and making an oasis here. We don't want to have to leave the house much, as that's the reason why we bought it. Sure wish it was on a lake, but around here, that isn't an option. We still plan on a move in the future, down south though, it's just when and where now.

I may sell the boat and buy a smaller bass boat since I won't be fishing big waters out of state as much. Would I buy another Jeep; possibly. Great vehicles except for high winds, long travels, and towing anything worth a damn. The new coming Porsche Cayenne diesel would be a possibility, but is that HO diesel coming over for sure? Who knows.

I could also put a hitch on the wife's Pilot and it would do the job with a smaller boat. Then, I could get a sports car. A new 991 GTS would be nice, or maybe even a classic; lots of possibilities

Anyways, I'm in no hurry to sell the truck. I would need to get rid of the boat first anyways. It would be nice to use the garage though. Even getting the truck alone in the garage is major feat. Not due to garage size, but again the driveway, landscaping and trees. Maybe I will remove some trees and pour more concrete. We will see.

Long read, I know, but just my thoughts as I'm typing.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:50 AM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
I know how you feel. If my truck wasn't long paid for, who knows if I'd still have it. I love it, but I really don't need it.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
That's the other thing Brett, my truck is almost paid for. Another added bonus. Of course I could still get quite a bit out of it, but I would still be losing money in the end. All in all, it's nice having a truck. It seems when you don't have one, you always need one!

Old 01-14-2015, 12:03 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
That's the other thing Brett, my truck is almost paid for. Another added bonus. Of course I could still get quite a bit out of it, but I would still be losing money in the end. All in all, it's nice having a truck. It seems when you don't have one, you always need one!
Another advantage about the super duty is when you do need a truck you always have enough truck. Better to have more than not enough.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:03 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Ain't that the truth. I experimented with not registering or insuring the truck and just using it for weed control in the backyard. You won't believe how often I ended up needing a truck after that.

It's like carrying a gun. I'd rather have it and never touch it than be without and need to use it.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 69cj
Another advantage about the super duty is when you do need a truck you always have enough truck. Better to have more than not enough.
Originally Posted by 92F350CC
It's like carrying a gun. I'd rather have it and never touch it than be without and need to use it.
You both summed it up real well.

Ooh, and of course my fuel filters arrived today.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve - just read up on the thread.. Glad you're back in business..

Re: parking the boat
Think about putting a front receiver on your SD and forget about backing that boat into the spot - drive it in going forward..
RanchHand makes a killer front bumper / grill guard with a class-3 receiver built into it..

Quick Reply: Low Fuel Pressure Warning message