6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

OIL IN DEGAS BOTTLE...2004 F250 6.0 TURBO DIESEL

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:21 AM
kardonnis
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
super duty service, I see what you are trying to do. you are trying to discredit me by questioning my knowledge, when you in fact are the one supplying a bad recommendation. If you know procedure so well you will know the TSB Ford Motor Company released that showed what a flushable cooling system was and what a lost cause was. At no point in time did Ford recommend to use diesel fuel. Ever. I have done enough to know simple green works and works well. I have never had a come back. I have never had a complaint. I have never used diesel fuel to flush the cooling system. You can only attack me because you don't know me - but I will be the one using simple green.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:38 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by kardonnis
super duty service, I see what you are trying to do. you are trying to discredit me by questioning my knowledge, when you in fact are the one supplying a bad recommendation. If you know procedure so well you will know the TSB Ford Motor Company released that showed what a flushable cooling system was and what a lost cause was. At no point in time did Ford recommend to use diesel fuel. Ever. I have done enough to know simple green works and works well. I have never had a come back. I have never had a complaint. I have never used diesel fuel to flush the cooling system. You can only attack me because you don't know me - but I will be the one using simple green.
So only the Ford procedures can be followed?

Old 01-07-2015, 11:10 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Had an intake leak on a vortec 350 once and filled the engine with milkshake.
Although that engine is way different then the 6.0 I dumped diesel in the engine , ran it through and drained. The inside of everything was clean as a whistle and all I changed was the intake gaskets. The inside of everything was clean as a whistle and still never had to replace any parts 5 years later when I sold it.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Should I get the popcorn and Pepsie ready cause someone just grabbed the bull by the horns

Old 01-07-2015, 11:50 AM
kardonnis
New User
REALLY?? My response was to the statement that "simple green wont touch this issue" Please feel free to put diesel in your coolant system. If your research and development budget is larger than Ford Motor Co. and you can afford to risk diesel saturation of your or your customers rubber components go for it. I stand by my recommendation to the op that simple green will work. Transmission fluid might even work, but I am not going to recommend that either. Who else has used the PH neutralizer designed for this issue?

Old 01-07-2015, 05:42 PM
dannyboy950
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PH Neutralizers only treat the water/coolant mix it does nothing at all to oil or anyother petroleum product. It simply makes it neither acid based or alkaline based water.
Just like a water softener for your house.

If you want a surprise take a test strip and dip it in a glass of your house water especially treated city water.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
I've used that "who's got more money than Ford" comment many times. Especially with injectors. However,,, There was a time (and they still might recommend it) that caterpillar recommended diesel for this type of failure. So here's the question,, who has more experience with ruptured oil coolers in diesel engines??? Cat,,, or Ford?? I wasn't trying to discredit you by my statements,, however I can understand how it was perceived as being such. But I've done both,,,, simple green,, and diesel. And I'm not sure I have done more of these repairs than you,,, but I have done my fair share. So if you want to be upset with me,,, fine,,, but I'm not gonna hold my tongue when I feel there's a more efficient way to do a repair.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:03 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Super Duty Service
But I've done both,,,, simple green,, and diesel.
I think I'll revise my earlier suggesting that included using SG.......Another issue with Simple green might be a factor to consider is the possibility for corrosion of unprotected aluminum (like the radiator core)

According to "Simple Green"
When used with caution and according to the instructions, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner has been safely and successfully used to clean aluminum. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner, Crystal Simple Green Industrial Cleaner & Degreaser, and Simple Green Pressure Washer Concentrates have been used on aircraft, automotive, industrial and consumer aluminum items for over 20 years. However, caution and common sense must be used: aluminum is a soft metal that easily corrodes with unprotected exposure to water. The aqueous-base and alkalinity of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner can accelerate the corrosion process. Therefore, contact times for unprotected or unpainted aluminum surfaces should be kept as brief as the job will allow - never for more than 10 minutes. Large cleaning jobs should be conducted in smaller-area stages to achieve lower contact time. Rinsing after cleaning should always be extremely thorough - paying special attention to flush out cracks and crevices to remove all Simple Green product residues. Unfinished, uncoated or unpainted aluminum cleaned with Simple Green products should receive some sort of protectant after cleaning to prevent oxidation.

(Emphasis Mine)I was always told to keep that stuff away from airplanes in general.......

Since we pretty much ALL have aluminum radiator cores, AND In view of Simple Greens own FAQ above, I wouldn't pour that stuff in my cooling system, ever!

I have used diesel and kerosene to clean rubber parts and even left them saturated for a time and never had them "melt"!

Since diesel and kerosene are lighter than water, they would float to the "top" of the cooling system at least as quickly as regular oil. (quicker in fact because the viscosity of diesel/Kero is MUCH lower than oil.

Following through with a surfactant like Dawn (or other dish detergent) would quickly emulsify any diesel left in the system.

And you wouldn't have to worry about the radiator core or other aluminum parts of the system....