Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Location (State/Prov):

FS/T: complete oem emissions, carb/intake, AM cruise from 351m and body parts from 79 Lariat.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 12:52 AM
EightGodzillas
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS/T: complete oem emissions, carb/intake, AM cruise from 351m and body parts from 79 Lariat.

Category: Accessories
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): Prelude, FCX
Item Condition: NC
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped
Engine: Part suitable for gas truck

1979 F100 Ranger Lariat RWD. Lake Norman area of NC.

I am taking off all of the emissions parts on my 351m. It runs well. (I just had an electrical issue come up and I think it is the coil.) This includes the smog pump, all vacuum lines, and maybe the exhaust manifolds if I do this after I get new headers. I will also have a cat to throw in the mix.

I am also replacing the carb/intake. I have the new carb/intake, but the one coming off is the 2bbl and it has aftermarket cruise control attached to it. I have not tried to use that, so no idea if it works.

I have no clue what this stuff is worth. I understand people need these emissions parts, but maybe I can help out someone who doesn't have a lot of cash. Honestly, if you come help me take it off and put on my intake manifold or swap the cam, you can have it. Or maybe we can work out a swap by mail. I still need to buy a cam/timing chain/valve springs (and maybe rockers). I also want headers and HEI distributor. I would also like a front bumper and a rear bumper both of which have a Class III/IV receiver.

I also need the floor pan for the bed (long), the front wall of the bed and I have rust a little way up the inside walls of the bed. So I need those parts.

I am probably going to be removing all of the trim. This has the racetrack trim. I am also taking out the Lariat headliner. And that funky passenger side step attached to the door. And the OEM bumpers. The front has the push bars and the back is the diamond plate with a ball hitch. Oh, and the OEM hubcaps are coming off so they wI'll be available with the wheels.

I'm also looking to raise it 3" so I need a set of pre-bent I beams and blocks for the rear. And 5 mags. Something minimalist and simple. And finally I'm looking for a locker for the rear.

I know someone has something in their garage they would trade me for this stuff. As heavy as these parts are, shipping might get pricey. I would only ask for what it actually costs me to ship.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:49 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Pre bent beams? Lift the truck then take to the big rig shop to have beams bent on the truck. Change all bushings first though. I am running 33s.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:36 AM
EightGodzillas
Senior User
Originally Posted by mofoco1
Pre bent beams? Lift the truck then take to the big rig shop to have beams bent on the truck. Change all bushings first though. I am running 33s.
I am thinking that the company who makes prebent beams has a better chance of having this down to a science. Who knows how many jobs a shop local to me has done. I dont know how hard this is to do right. Am I worried for no reason? How much should I pay for this around Charlotte, NC?

Is there a list of all the bushings so I don't miss any on the schematics?

Old 01-07-2015, 03:24 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas

I used the stock spacer but should have used the spacer I originally had saved for this very thing which would have given me an extra 1". I will install it later if it stays 2wd.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:34 PM
EightGodzillas
Senior User
I wanted a supercab like that. If you leave our keys lying around I'm sorry but I'm going to steal your truck.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:37 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Always open, if someone takes it they need it more than me. I alway insure for way over value just in case : )

Old 01-19-2015, 09:42 PM
EightGodzillas
Senior User
I would trade the stock intake/carbs and all the emissions stuff including the catalytic converter and the racetrack trim for 1):
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-k32-221-3

and 2):
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/big-12506flt
or):
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-850025

Does that sound reasonable?

Old 11-26-2016, 10:49 PM
EightGodzillas
Senior User
Last call: $100 and you pay shipping takes it all. Otherwise, it goes to the recycler.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:42 PM
EightGodzillas
Senior User
Well, I'm cleaning out the shed and this stuff is going to the recycler. If anyone wants it speak up now. I imagine there will be someone in California reading this in a year wishing I had held onto it a little longer.