Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Want to change my 68 long box to short box.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:18 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 68murc
I saw it done in half an hour on TV!
Yup, and Capt. Kirk saved the universe in less than an hour!

It always looks easier on TV, spotless shops, every tool imaginable not to mention experienced craftsmen and free parts from the sponsors.....

In reality most of us are lucky enough to have a garage we can squeeze are trucks into, our tools are well worn or have to be tracked down because family or friends needed to borrow something for a little while. We end up on our backs in the drive way hoping the weather holds until we can finish up.

In the end we get it done and learn something along the way. I've seen your truck and what you've done so I'm sure you have the skills to shorten it, but....I'm willing to bet it will take more than a half hour,....after all you might get thirsty....

Nice score on the box. From what I can see it looks very solid. Patience pays off , well done! Was it in your price range?

Frank

Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 PM
68murc
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fp_5
Yup, and Capt. Kirk saved the universe in less than an hour!

It always looks easier on TV, spotless shops, every tool imaginable not to mention experienced craftsmen and free parts from the sponsors.....

In reality most of us are lucky enough to have a garage we can squeeze are trucks into, our tools are well worn or have to be tracked down because family or friends needed to borrow something for a little while. We end up on our backs in the drive way hoping the weather holds until we can finish up.

In the end we get it done and learn something along the way. I've seen your truck and what you've done so I'm sure you have the skills to shorten it, but....I'm willing to bet it will take more than a half hour,....after all you might get thirsty....

Nice score on the box. From what I can see it looks very solid. Patience pays off , well done! Was it in your price range?

Frank
Ya, ya I know more than half an hour like on TV.

That's right! You have seen my truck in Arthur. Couldn't make it down last year, had to work.

I know this will be a big project, but like you said, I know I can do it. That's why I'm giving myself all of next winter to get it done. As far as price range goes, I got the box, two good front fenders, and a steering column for less than $500. So, I was happy!

And yes, I'm sure there will be some during the transformation!

Old 04-11-2015, 11:34 PM
68Mercury250Ranger
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice score on the box. your framerails are straight , if you haven't lowered it, why not just move your spring perches forward? there is no fuel tank to worry about right.

nice truck, I miss my 68 Mercury .