6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

First (minor) issue with my 2015 :(

Old 01-05-2015, 04:36 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
Don't you know your door code? Or does it also control that?

that IS keyless entry

Old 01-05-2015, 05:46 PM
true blue
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Have you made it in to the dealership yet, true blue? I'll be happy to escalate this to your regional customer service manager; just send me a PM with the details and I'll do the rest. In your message, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. Crystal
I have an appointment on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes! Thank you so much!

Old 01-06-2015, 09:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by true blue
I have an appointment on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes! Thank you so much!
Thanks for offering to keep me in the loop, true blue; I'll be here if you need any help.

Crystal

Old 01-15-2015, 09:37 AM
true blue
Elder User

So, I think I found the issue with my truck. A friend of mine asked if I had a cheap phone charger in the truck. Answer was yes. He said the cheap chargers could interfere with the RF signal. I removed it and my tire pressure sensor failure went away and now my key remote operational range has returned to normal. I'll give it a few more days but this seems to be the culprit.

Keep this in mind should you experience the same issue.

Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2015, 09:47 AM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, I think I found the issue with my truck. A friend of mine asked if I had a cheap phone charger in the truck. Answer was yes. He said the cheap chargers could interfere with the RF signal. I removed it and my tire pressure sensor failure went away and now my key remote operational range has returned to normal. I'll give it a few more days but this seems to be the culprit.

Keep this in mind should you experience the same issue.
Ok note to self on that..

I used to get the warning on a previous vehicle once it started to get cold out... I would drive to work and light would go out. Tires warm up,air inside warms/expands and warning goes out. But ive never gotten warning on this truck but I do inflate higher pressures then book states so that may be why.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:14 AM
true blue
Elder User

Tire pressure is not the issue. Plus, what would that have to do with the key remote working with less effective distance? This issue started when I plugged the charger in but I did not correlate that with my sensor fault as it did not happen right away. The sensor fault would come and go. I am near 100% confident that this is indeed the issue. I will update in a couple of days to confirm. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my truck operating as it should. It would be great if I had ability to conduct an EMI test.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:10 PM
fski50
Junior User
Thanks

True blue, thanks for letting us know. This is super useful to keep in mind for future troubleshooting. I have a similar charger that I use once in a while and it has never occurred to me to think of it as a possible culprit in something like this. I will make sure to keep it unplugged most of the time...

Old 01-15-2015, 03:42 PM
CR3999!
Tuned
I had a car that if the spare was low the warning would come on. I don't know about the trucks.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 488 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by CR3999!
I had a car that if the spare was low the warning would come on. I don't know about the trucks.
Our trucks don't have a sensor in the spare.
The problem with that style is they don't last as long, they must transmit continually on a set schedule, causing the battery to go dead sooner. Most sensors now activate with motion, and last much longer.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:14 PM
true blue
Elder User

Also know that the issue did not happen while I was charging a phone. The fault only occurred while not in use but plugged in. This was the first step in confirming that this may indeed be the problem.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:15 PM
true blue
Elder User

Originally Posted by fski50
True blue, thanks for letting us know. This is super useful to keep in mind for future troubleshooting. I have a similar charger that I use once in a while and it has never occurred to me to think of it as a possible culprit in something like this. I will make sure to keep it unplugged most of the time...
You are welcome! I hope this will help someone in the future.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:36 PM
txazguy
Mountain Pass
I had the same failure message....dealer was clueless. I asked them to re-sync my sensors, and found a bad sensor in the R/R tire. Took it back today, his handheld couldn't activate it. They hooked it up to IDS and relearned the sensors, and it's visible now to the system. Takes them 2 minutes to go through the relearn process.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:10 PM
true blue
Elder User

Originally Posted by txazguy
I had the same failure message....dealer was clueless. I asked them to re-sync my sensors, and found a bad sensor in the R/R tire. Took it back today, his handheld couldn't activate it. They hooked it up to IDS and relearned the sensors, and it's visible now to the system. Takes them 2 minutes to go through the relearn process.
They did re-learn my system and it only lasted ~15 miles before it failed again. They were going to look at replacing the BCM since all sensors checked out ok and they could not identify the cause of the failure.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:22 AM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Tire pressure is not the issue. Plus, what would that have to do with the key remote working with less effective distance? This issue started when I plugged the charger in but I did not correlate that with my sensor fault as it did not happen right away. The sensor fault would come and go. I am near 100% confident that this is indeed the issue. I will update in a couple of days to confirm. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my truck operating as it should. It would be great if I had ability to conduct an EMI test.
I wasnt saying that was your problem... Just what happened to me in the past with another vehicle.I was only saying that the only time I personally saw the low air tire warning was once the air temps got cold.. Havent seen it at all in my ford since ive had it three yrs.I will say on this vehicle my remote effective distance is horrible but it hasnt gotten any worse since day one but none the less is far from ample.40 feet tops.Good luck anyways

Old 01-18-2015, 04:58 PM
true blue
Elder User

Originally Posted by rtazz17
I wasnt saying that was your problem... Just what happened to me in the past with another vehicle.I was only saying that the only time I personally saw the low air tire warning was once the air temps got cold.. Havent seen it at all in my ford since ive had it three yrs.I will say on this vehicle my remote effective distance is horrible but it hasnt gotten any worse since day one but none the less is far from ample.40 feet tops.Good luck anyways
Gotcha, my misunderstanding. I would say that 40 feet on the remote is very poor (IMHO). Mine works at least 150+. Everything is still working on my truck as it should. I am afraid to plug the charger back in to verify 100%. I am still pretty sure. That was the issue though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First (minor) issue with my 2015 :(