F250 conventional towing discrepancy

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 07:58 PM
skscci
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish you guys luck and hope that you never have an accident due to your blatent negligence.
Just because 'you have never heard of it' does not mean that it does not happen.
There are videos all over the internet showing out of control trailer accidents.
Many from people towing beyond their rated capacities.
It is not a matter of fear, it is a matter of heeding tolerances and acting responsibly.
If you want to carry a load at what an F350 is rated, then you should buy an F350.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:13 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by skscci
I wish you guys luck and hope that you never have an accident due to your blatent negligence.
Just because 'you have never heard of it' does not mean that it does not happen.
There are videos all over the internet showing out of control trailer accidents.
Many from people towing beyond their rated capacities.
It is not a matter of fear, it is a matter of heeding tolerances and acting responsibly.
If you want to carry a load at what an F350 is rated, then you should buy an F350.
Not only have we never heard of it, no one else has either. Google it and post your results. Let's see what you find to back up your nonsense useless claim. We will be waiting with baited breath.

In the mean time, do some reading and learn. The SRW 350 is identical to a 250. Every part is the same part number from Ford. End of story.... Or then again don't. Ignorance is bliss...

Old 01-16-2015, 08:32 PM
skscci
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the link from a google search I just did.
Over half a million hits.
https://www.google.com/#q=travel+tra...om+overloading
Your claim that 'every part is the same' is specious.
The manufacturer has provided the ratings and all you are doing is telling people to ignore what the manufacturer says and do what you say.
Exceeding manufacturer ratings is dangerous and irresponsible.
If I am ignorant, I would prefer to be ignorant on the side of safety knowing that I am not a danger to myself, my family or someone else.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:37 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by skscci
Here is the link from a google search I just did.
Over half a million hits.
https://www.google.com/#q=travel+tra...om+overloading
Your claim that 'every part is the same' is specious.
The manufacturer has provided the ratings and all you are doing is telling people to ignore what the manufacturer says and do what you say.
Exceeding manufacturer ratings is dangerous and irresponsible.
If I am ignorant, I would prefer to be ignorant on the side of safety knowing that I am not a danger to myself, my family or someone else.
Again, do your homework. I've looked up every load bearing part number for both trucks. I don't expect you to believe me. Simply do the same as so many educated people here at FTE have done. You can do it online or at any Ford parts department. Post your results. The F250 is purposely derated to fill a different segment of the market. There are NO differences between the two models. You are not being responsible or safe. You are simply uninformed. Don't feel bad. You're not alone.

PS: and your link no showed no lawsuits for people towing over their sticker. And to take it one step further, if your impossible scenario ever played out, any lawyer who prosecuted a case for a 250 towing what a 350 could would easily be beaten by a lawyer who proved the models were identical...

Old 01-16-2015, 08:38 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
We can agree to disagree on this issue. There are opinions on both sides.

Fact remains all the parts are the same so therefore the door cert is a made up number for registration purposes based upon costs and state regulations.

A item to help the owner to be able to afford the costs to own the truck.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:45 AM
Slowpoke Slim
Laughing Gas
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Food for thought:

Towing Accident Lawsuits | Medium Duty Work Truck Info

skscci put in "overloaded" in search terms. If you put in "lawsuit" instead, you will get a long list of accident attorney links, as well as the little gem I referenced above. Pay particular attention to #2 and #6. The lawsuit was "won" based on the truck towing more than it was rated for.

This is not a myth or fantasy. This took me less than 30 seconds to find. All I had to type in was "lawsuits from overloaded trailers".

Do what you want with your own stuff, you're the one writing the checks for the consequences. But supporting the illegal and reckless over loading of weight ratings on this website is at best irresponsible, and at worse, will open the website's owners up to litigation. Me thinks the website owners should be talking to legal council and perhaps, modifying their Terms of Service for the website.

You can bury your heads in the sand if you wish and pretend it "isn't so", but these are the facts folks.

I get what you guys are saying about the trucks construction and parts used. I get it. But the FACTS are legal FACTS. If you overload beyond what the vehicle's manufacturer weight limits are, you are setting yourselves up to be sued.

I don't like it, you don't like it, but this is the reality we live in. Personally, I think all injury lawyers should be swept into a pile and set on fire, but that's not the world we live in.

Take another look at that long list of attorney websites that popped up in that lawsuit search. You REALLY don't think most of them would JUMP at the chance to sue your butts in court?

EDITED---

And I've repeated this before, so maybe it's old news, but I drove light, medium and heavy duty wreckers full time for 3 years in Phx, AZ. We did towing and recovery for Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe police dept's, Maricopa county Sheriffs dept, and AZ Dept of Public Safety (highway patrol). I have been on scene for literally hundreds of injury accidents, and unfortunately, some fatal accidents. I guaranty you they check weight ratings. Not just on commercial trucks, but on private trucks, trucks pulling boats, rv's, you name it. If it's serious injury or fatal accident, they check them. I've had to stand by and wait while ADOT scaled the vehicle(s) before they'd let me take them to the impound lot. Seen it with my own eyes guys. It happens.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:36 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim
Food for thought:

Towing Accident Lawsuits | Medium Duty Work Truck Info

skscci put in "overloaded" in search terms. If you put in "lawsuit" instead, you will get a long list of accident attorney links, as well as the little gem I referenced above. Pay particular attention to #6. The lawsuit was "won" based on the truck towing more than it was rated for.

This is not a myth or fantasy. This took me less than 30 seconds to find. All I had to type in was "lawsuits from overloaded trailers".

Do what you want with your own stuff, you're the one writing the checks for the consequences. But supporting the illegal and reckless over loading of weight ratings on this website is at best irresponsible, and at worse, will open the website's owners up to litigation. Me thinks the website owners should be talking to legal council and perhaps, modifying their Terms of Service for the website.

You can bury your heads in the sand if you wish and pretend it "isn't so", but these are the facts folks.

I get what you guys are saying about the trucks construction and parts used. I get it. But the FACTS are legal FACTS. If you overload beyond what the vehicle's manufacturer weight limits are, you are setting yourselves up to be sued.

I don't like it, you don't like it, but this is the reality we live in. Personally, I think all injury lawyers should be swept into a pile and set on fire, but that's not the world we live in.

Take another look at that long list of attorney websites that popped up in that lawsuit search. You REALLY don't think most of them would JUMP at the chance to sue your butts in court?

EDITED---

And I've repeated this before, so maybe it's old news, but I drove light, medium and heavy duty wreckers full time for 3 years in Phx, AZ. We did towing and recovery for Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe police dept's, Maricopa county Sheriffs dept, and AZ Dept of Public Safety (highway patrol). I have been on scene for literally hundreds of injury accidents, and unfortunately, some fatal accidents. I guaranty you they check weight ratings. Not just on commercial trucks, but on private trucks, trucks pulling boats, rv's, you name it. If it's serious injury or fatal accident, they check them. I've had to stand by and wait while ADOT scaled the vehicle(s) before they'd let me take them to the impound lot. Seen it with my own eyes guys. It happens.

WRONG. Not one of those in your link shows a driver of an F250 towing what a SRW 350 was rated to tow getting successfully sued. You also searched in OVERLOAD and found completely irrelevant cases. Find one specifically about what Scott or I were referring to. It doesn't exist. So you can type about "FACTS" all you want but until you provide some, it's a myth. AND, even if this rare scenario was true or could happen, I wouldn't live my life in fear of it happening. Oh, and while your searching for a real example, search for getting struck by lightning. You'll find 100 times more examples of that than the irrelevant nonsense you posted. I'm not worried about getting struck by lightning either. What happened to this country. We live in a generation of cowards afraid of their own shadow. No one actually thinks for themselves and just takes internet myth and rumor as fact. I could never live like you all, terrified about what if. It is such a sad way to be. I truly feel bad for you...

Now, no one is recommending you tow a 5th wheel with a Pinto. That would lack common sense as well. However, being afraid to tow over a made up number on a door jamb sticker is just as foolish. You are both taking my statement and turning it into a blanket argument about towing over limits. I was referring to ONE scenario where the two vehicles are identical and you're sending me links about medium duty trucks failing or SUV's towing boats. None of that is what I was talking about. And, like I said in an earlier post, if lightning did strike, and this happened to someone towing to a SRW 350's ratings with a 250, any lawyer worth his salt proves the trucks are identical in the first five minutes of a trial.

Lastly, lets address when a 350 is purposely de-rated for the purpose of registration. You can order a SRW 350 with a 10k GVWR to avoid higher registration costs in certain states like CA. Could that person also be sued for towing or hauling with the truck loaded over 10k if they caused an accident? If you want to talk rare and stupid scenarios, lets address that one. It's also the same truck but now not only is it a different weight on the door sticker but it's still badged a 350. Should those owners sell because the sky is falling too?

Old 01-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Slowpoke Slim
Laughing Gas
I suggest you talk to a lawyer.

You will be sued based on what your truck is specifically rated to tow. Not what you "wish" it was rated to tow. I could care less how you feel about me. I live in the real world, good luck with your "feels" and "wishes" if you have to go to court.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:59 AM
System
Prolocutor
I suggest you talk to a lawyer.

You will be sued based on what your truck is specifically rated to tow. Not what you "wish" it was rated to tow. I could care less how you feel about me. I live in the real world, good luck with your "feels" and "wishes" if you have to go to court.

I suggest you worry about yourself and not fear monger about things that NEVER happen and have never happened on a public forum. You don't live in the real world. It sounds more like you never left your parents basement. You are terrified of something that has never happened and trying to suck others into your cowardice. Pathetic really.

I'll never be in court for this. Nor will anyone else. However, since a negative can not be proven, I guess you'll just go one believing your own foolishness...

Old 01-17-2015, 07:07 AM
Slowpoke Slim
Laughing Gas
Wow,

Nice personal attacks. Thanks for that. I'm showing you facts, and dealing in facts, and you're just insulting me and throwing personal attacks.

Yeah, I'm convinced.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:09 AM
System
Prolocutor
Wow,

Nice personal attacks. Thanks for that. I'm showing you facts, and dealing in facts, and you're just insulting me and throwing personal attacks.

Yeah, I'm convinced.

LOLOL. You haven't shown one fact. I say again, show one example of the specific scenario I advocated ever happening. Just one. My god man, back up your nonsense. Those weren't personal attacks in any way FYI. It's just how your sad scared point of view is coming across. But I digress, show me a "fact" and I'll eat crow. I'm waiting...

Old 01-17-2015, 07:10 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
I think we are done with this one.

Thread closed