6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

None too happy with Ford/ESP right now

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'Robinson Brothers Ford/Lincoln'...... Noted.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:14 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Now that it's an insurance claim rather than a warranty claim, won't the dealer will make more money on the repairs? Seems like an incentive to claim it was abused.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
I wouldn't get it fixed at that dealer, no matter who pays for it. I would cut all ties.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:22 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
That was sort of my point Steve.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
That was sort of my point Steve.
Understood, I was putting it in black and white.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:28 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Ok, gotcha.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:31 AM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
GEICO

Ford has history of letting the customer down on warranty repairs. I just don't know if any auto manufacture is better. I feel for you, I had my issues with Ford on my 6.0.

On Geico, they have been a great company for me over the years. I am sure they will get the beast back to you.

On Super duty you do have a point that the truck they advertise does is not the truck they sell. It a bait and switch issues, you could have recourse under this. It would must likely cost more then the repair.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:42 AM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bridge
I've got the GEICO MBI and was considering the ESP as well. Was considering it until reading this thread. The MBI gets a little more expensive with each yearly renewal but I'd rather pay a bit more for less hassle.
Yeah I had mbi on previous vehickes but I checked it on this one and it would raise my premium 300 the first yr and I think at three yrs it goes up alot and yearly after that,so not worth it to me in my case anyways. I instead got the esp for 1000 7yrs... I think its bs what hes going through with ford on this repair but You cant take one thread and decide esp isnt worth it.Ive seen multiple threads with an entire different story praising the esp from ford.And dont think you cant get hassled by geico.Believe me you can. I had a repair filed with them that took a yr of my time to get covered.So they all have their issues.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:47 AM
BlackBeest
More Turbo
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
I appreciate all the comments, guys.

I can't quite talk myself into defending this dealer or holding them somewhat accountable in all this.....

I just don't know how much they're accountable in this, versus the Ford corporate ESP department I've spent most of my time arguing with now. They are our company's "preferred/local" dealer, we've bought vehicles from them and have all the "non-PM" service work done by them. I can only THINK I'm being treated fairly, but when my service writer says things like "I'm not going to waste my time cleaning out that caliper/rotor, I'm just replacing it", then I know he's not being honest with Geico. Or is he? I mean, I'd clean it out and run it, but is he covering his *** from some potential failure down the road? Who's to say?

I've got access to car haulers and one-tons and a helluva washrack here, and if I'd have known then what I know now, I would've picked the truck up myself, cleaned the everliving **** out of it, and THEN dropped it off, where?......I dunno, maybe I could think of some non-dealer alternative? But I didn't know to suspect their treatment of me and my truck at that point. I knew it needed body and mechanical repair, and I knew I had warranty coverage, so "dealer" popped into my head immediately. I just didn't even consider anything else.

Too late now.....but yeah, won't be getting anymore business from me. And Matt, I hear ya on the "dealer vs. brand" issue, and hell I even levied that same thing to Dim Sum Steve (why not just trade your lemon for another Ford?) but I now completely understand why Brett said what he said "we can't continue to support businesses that don't support us" and expect them to change anything.....

Old 01-15-2015, 11:40 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
Geico won't raise your rates on this. It was not an accident.
It wasn't abusive off-roading either but that's what Ford called it. I wouldn't put it past any big company to do some maneuvering to recover costs. Never say never Scott...

Old 01-15-2015, 12:09 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My read of the letter pins this on 'off-road, non-manufacturer installed components'.. aka the lift kit..

not dirt, not speed, not carelessness..

(I don't agree) so the sentence goes, you changed the product setup from the way WE support it for non-paved road (offf-road) use. That change makes it no longer warranted.

as an example I WOULD agree with, lifting, then leaving the stock shocks on, and one breaking when it bottomed out. no covered.
the lift changes the forces on all the components. I don't know how much, but something.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:28 PM
BlackBeest
More Turbo
Sam- see my post in response to 96Sherm's comments almost identical to yours:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post14967569

This wasn't the "factory/stock" warranty that I violated or went outside the scope of. The truck, just as it sits today, was thoroughly inspected by their authorized rep at the dealer prior to the extended coverage being agreed upon and enacted. He made specific mention of the "oversized tires" in the comments section of the report.

If they wanted to say "we can't cover your truck due to " that's all they had to say, AT THAT TIME.

Don't take my money and then give me the finger when my FOUR WHEEL DRIVE truck has some mud on it when a ball joint decides to fail

Old 01-15-2015, 12:45 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBeest
Sam- see my post in response to 96Sherm's comments almost identical to yours:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post14967569

This wasn't the "factory/stock" warranty that I violated or went outside the scope of. The truck, just as it sits today, was thoroughly inspected by their authorized rep at the dealer prior to the extended coverage being agreed upon and enacted. He made specific mention of the "oversized tires" in the comments section of the report.

If they wanted to say "we can't cover your truck due to " that's all they had to say, AT THAT TIME.

Don't take my money and then give me the finger when my FOUR WHEEL DRIVE truck has some mud on it when a ball joint decides to fail
I agree with you 100000000%, especially if they reviewed it in advance..

I am sure there is some clause hidden somewhere that says "just because our agent didn't see a problem, doesn't mean we are bound by that. The paper wins"
(sorry, lawyers in the family, and we spend lots of time talking about contract contents, intent and factual details. Always eye opening!)

Old 01-15-2015, 01:10 PM
BlackBeest
More Turbo
Yeah I understand what you're saying about fine print and all, but, again, this wasn't one of the "lift" components failing, I wouldn't have expected Ford to cover that.

And to be clear, the "lift" is those upper spring perch spacer thingies, and 350 rear blocks. Or, basically, snow plow prep springs on an F350, or basically, no lift outside of what OE Ford also offers.

What failed on my truck was an OE component that is specifically mentioned in black and white on the premiumcare brochure:

Ball Joints

(Upper and Lower)

Control Arms (Upper

and Lower)

Control Arm Shafts

and Bushings

Kingpins and Bushings

Linkage and Bushings

Load Leveler

Suspension System

MacPherson Struts

Roll Stability Control

Spindle and Spindle

Support Springs

Stabilizer Bar

Tie Rods

And I mean, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, I just want anyone that comes along to be clearly informed. There is NOTHING about my situation that lets Ford out of their responsibility, period.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:18 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Have they finally started repairs yet?

Quick Reply: None too happy with Ford/ESP right now