VetNet A forum dedicated to ALL Veterans... their unique needs and wants. A place where Veterans old and new can discuss their problems and find the help and support they are looking for.

Veterans Network "HOTLINKS" -Index of important threads

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:16 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Veterans Network "HOTLINKS" -Index of important threads

As you can see, this thread is "stickied" to the top of the forum. It is so that threads that have very useful info in them can be indexed and linked to in a way that makes them instantly findable, no matter how far down the list of threads they may go. It is completely independant of the thread search function here, and because it is intelligently directed it seldom fails

Such threads as Local Assets, VA contact info by state or region, VA issues, ID card and other resources to name just a few. Over time we can expect to generate a lot of threads on many topics that we will want to be able to locate without any hassle - this thread will accomplish that goal.

If you see, or start a thread that fits that description, POST about it in this thread, and a link will be added so that it will never be lost among all the other discussion we may generate as time goes on. This thread will be stickied to the forum top, but it will not be a LOCKED thread, so that you can input to it.

Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS)
Got 1099-R or W-2? You can get it reissued...
(securely)

DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS (DAV)
The DAV has been assisting Vets for so long, I remember them from when I was in grade school

FRAUD Scams Targeting Service Members and Veterans
Protect what you have rightfully earned!
"There are unscrupulous people out there who want what you have, and don't care what they have to do to take it away from you."

Help for our Disabled Vets
~ Potential projects to assist Veterans with mobility issues

How to Grow Food
NAVEDTRA EAT WELL Vol. 1

Local Assets
Our Brothers and Sisters at VETNET

PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
PTSD Assistance Program Locator (thread)
PTSD PROGRAM INTERACTIVE ONLINE MAP
You may have it, and not even know....

SMOKING Cessation
How to get rid of it once and for all

Suicide Prevention, Counselling, and Intervention
~ A desperately serious topic. SEE ALSO PTSD, above

VA CONTACT Info
Veterans Administration Contact Information (thread)
Consolidated Interactive Map of VA Facilities both In and Outside of CONUS
~ "Who you gonna call?"

VA Healthcare
~ MyHealtheVet and eBenefits (thread)
Consolidated Interactive Map of VA Facilities both In and Outside of CONUS

Veterans ID cards

VETERANS ADMINISTRATION Issues and discussion

VETSONRADIO
Streaming Online Discussion hosted by Veterans

* I will make every attempt where possible to make this list alphanumeric

Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 3,974 Likes on 1,223 Posts
Old 01-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As we have more stuff in there, I'll put an index in that thread too so that we can look up all the posts BY STATE that we need to find in there.

THANK YOU!

~Wolfie

PS: I'm going to try to transplant it there myself by other means

OH! I see you already made it happen, good job!

*The way I'm going to set up the index, the state will be listed, and all posts with info FOR that state will be listed and hyperlinked beneath it.
Sound like a plan?

If at some point we want to consolidate all of the known information for a particular State into just one post we can do that too.

By the way - in my recent searches to find things for us I saw a blanket statement by the DVA that ALL VA healthcare centers offer both PTSD and Crisis Intervention assistance, even if they are not designated as a primary.

THEY care
WE care

We take care of our own...

As this evolves I see it as a set of tools that can work for all of us.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
We Remember: A Night for Veterans

We Remember: A Night for Veterans is a charity fundraiser to benefit veterans' causes in the Inland Empire. All proceeds from the 2015 event will benefit U.S. Vets, who will use those funds to help military veterans and their families make a successful transition through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support. All proceeds will help provide services to veterans and their families living on the base facility and in San Bernardino County.

Tickets are $100 per person. Every supporter will receive a three-course plated dinner, a top shelf cigar, entertainment and an opportunity to bid on silent auction items. Riverside County Sheriff Stan Sniff will be our keynote speaker for the evening. Also, former Athletic Director for UC Riverside, Stan Morrison, will orchestrate the function as the master of ceremonies.

Our vocal entertainer for the evening will be Lizann Warner, a gifted vocal impressionist, who can imitate over 35 famous female recording artists. Her voice can be heard on TV ad jingles such as "My Blue Heaven" for Sandals Resorts and on video games like Guitar Hero III. A vivacious live performer too, she's performed on the KTLA Morning News, on stages in several Vegas shows and toured throughout the U.S. with her Heart tribute band "Dog 'N' Butterfly." We are fortunate to have this beautiful and equally talented artist for our event.

No-Host Bar available adjacent to the silent auction area.
------------------
About the Charity:
U.S.VETS – Inland Empire is located at the March Air Reserve Base in Moreno Valley provides housing and support services to 130 veterans each day.

Our Community Office in San Bernardino County, offers services to an additional 157 veterans and their families throughout the Inland Empire.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1519296701658445/

Old 07-23-2015, 08:58 AM
f100d
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
me too 101st. hello

Old 12-05-2020, 12:44 PM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,298 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but I didn't see it posted here and thought I'd add a link that gives discounts to military members past and present to many places. I've used it my self many times and thought I'd share with everyone else.

---------->> https://shop.id.me/ <<-----------

Whether you have a current or old military issued ID as proof of your service doesn't matter. I was in the Navy back in the early 80's and have since not kept up with any of that so as to make sure those that need the services provided do but I did save my DD214 and submitted that and was accepted.

Most of the discounts are about what you would expect, 5-15% off but some are really heavy discounts. eg: Reebok 50% off, Adidas 30% off, etc.... Happy shopping