Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2015 ANNUAL, B.S. AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:38 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"Micro Fiber" that's what I was trying to think of. haha

Fingers crossed on hoping that seals, I usually run a light skim of RVT around the ports on both sides of the gasket, snug the bolts then torque it right away.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:53 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't gotten it started yet. The solenoid has come back to haunt me.

I did a relatively light skim of RTV, and by snugging, I tightened it similar to an oil drain plug. I didn't give it full force but I wasn't going easy. After reading the torque rating, I may have it it or more. I've gotten my wrench back so I'll go back over it but right now I'm working on the solenoid again. Mine is hammered I think, every time I crank it sticks. And the housing appears to be cracked. I'll pick up a new one and try again. I got a new battery charger so I'm covered there. I feel relatively good about the RTV but I've heard different things from different people.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:54 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Also, john do you have a charger? Our old one is ready to go. I replaced it due to some bare wires showing and before I toss it, I figured I'd ask.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:47 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
I'll take it! I can rewire it.

Only charger I currently have is a dual battery unit that is designed to be hard mounted in a single vehicle, currently in the box truck but it will end up in the crew sooner or later.

Factory TQ spec for Intake Manifold bolts is pretty low so if you snugged them up fairly tight by hand you're probably at or above spec. If you are above spec just leave it and do NOT loosen the bolts to torque them to spec, my buddy did that and had to redo his gaskets again... haha

Tomorrow is Rebecca's last day at the Capitol so I should be able to focus attention on the shop beginning of next week and finally get it all set up.

Anyone else have broken tools they want to get rid of?

If anyone has any PLOMB tools I will happily trade them for the equivalent tool in Snap-on, MAC, Matco, Kobalt, Craftsman, etc etc

Old 04-24-2015, 04:00 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
What's a PLOMB tool?

Its yours. It could be as easy as trimming the wire a bit shorter to fix the issue. The new one was relatively cheap and an open box deal so they had $10 off. Its a Harbor Freight charger so I'm not expecting much but the wire gauge is much nicer and the clamps feel better.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:09 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Cool.

PLOMB is a tool manufacturer that got bought out by PROTO around WWII, I have pictures but my phone keeps uploading to the wrong Photobucket account. As it's stamped/cast on the tool the O in PLOMB is a Triangle, it's pretty distinctive.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:42 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hmm, I've never seen one I don't think. Are they a special tool company or just general stuff?

Work on the bronco was on hold a bit. My moms little dog got pretty sock and they can't cover vet bills currently so I went ahead and paid it out. Then, my little sister has been sick for the past few weeks and gave it to me. I have yet to get a new solenoid but I will soon.

In other news, all potential buyers for the stang have backed off. The most promising has other projects and can't afford the time or money for another. So. I'll redo my ad and I think I'll bump the price up a little.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Hmm, I've never seen one I don't think. Are they a special tool company or just general stuff?

Work on the bronco was on hold a bit. My moms little dog got pretty sock and they can't cover vet bills currently so I went ahead and paid it out. Then, my little sister has been sick for the past few weeks and gave it to me. I have yet to get a new solenoid but I will soon.

In other news, all potential buyers for the stang have backed off. The most promising has other projects and can't afford the time or money for another. So. I'll redo my ad and I think I'll bump the price up a little.
Very nice of you to help your mom out

Sean

Old 04-26-2015, 02:33 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Been raining most of the weekend...we need it. Have a great day.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:59 PM
lucky_thirteen
Senior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans

I have a solenoid you can have

Old 04-28-2015, 01:32 AM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I have a sweet Mercedes 300D 83 Turbo Diesel you can't have! But I am fixing it up. Paid $500, and it runs. Currently rebuilding turbo, all new gaskets, fluids, filters, brakes, tires.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:19 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thanks Sean, I do what I can for her and my step dad. They help me out as much as they can, no reason not to return the favor.

Originally Posted by lucky_thirteen
I have a solenoid you can have
I actually got a new one. A Borg Warner one this time instead of Master pro. I just haven't installed it yet.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:03 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Tofan, you should donate that Mercedes Diesel drivetrain to my 68 Dodge A108, that's what it will end up with in the future.

For anyone not paying attention it looks like the next meet will be a work party at my place in Shelton, bring your own project or help out with other's.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15313028

I don't have near as many PLOMB tools as I'd like but you'll see a few when you come out, and how much the quality lowered when PROTO bought them out, I was surprised by this as PROTO makes nice (read $$$$$$) tools.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:58 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
My daughter turned 1 today, bittersweet.

We took her to Point Defiance Zoo, then had some professional photos done by a woman that my wife donated milk to.

Hard to believe she's already a year old.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:47 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
I have been told by my sister that they do tend to grow up on you
even when your looking.

Sean

Quick Reply: 2015 ANNUAL, B.S. AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!