January 2015 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 09:10 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
January 2015 Chat Thread

Happy New Year!!!!

Another new year is here and I hope everyone survived the holidays! We had a section BBQ yesterday and it was really nice. Not as good as being home but it is what it is. I am going to start ordering parts for the 79 a few a pay check so I can have them waiting for me when I get home.

The wife wants me to have a newer vehicle when I get home, I love that woman. So after looking for the last week or two I found what I wanted. The finance place would not accept my wife's power of attorney to buy it. I'm still looking around for a different one but I won't tell you guys what it is till I buy it.

Talk to you soon !!

Old 01-03-2015, 10:24 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Drum roll please...............

Truck ended up being a bust

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2015, 09:46 AM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Chief, great truck in arrest me red. You will have to watch the lead foot there in N Georgia. I know you must be ready for your R&R, can't get here fast enough. Bob

Old 01-04-2015, 09:48 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello Georgia...hope your Sunday is relaxing. How about some football??

Old 01-05-2015, 09:12 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Well the truck ended up being a bust. The car dealer did not mention that it had a rebuilt title until after my wife drove all the way over there to get it. I had my own financing lined up instead of using their over priced self financing. My finance company said no, probably better anyway. Not in a huge hurry to get something right now since I won't be there to drive it for a while. So I will keep looking and driving my wife crazy !!!!

Old 01-07-2015, 07:15 AM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some you lose and some are rained out. I hope you actually win one soon.

It is very frustrating to know that out there somewhere, is the truck you want at a reasonable price, but you can't seem to find it!

There are plenty of trucks for sale around here but most are ragged out and/or overpriced.
I have a friend who seems to have gotten a great deal on a 2009, but the dealer had to go all the way to Mississippi to get it.

Keep looking and GOOD LUCK.

If I can be of any help down Sumter County way please let me know.

Mike

Old 01-07-2015, 10:07 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I know what you mean.

I found another lighting not very far from our house. I contacted the dealership and they replied pretty quickly. I explained where I was and asked for some pics. They sent me 3 and said they would forward more in a little while. I liked the 3 pics that I got and made an initial offer. I have not heard a word from them since. No counter offer,,, nothing.

Everything else is like you said, junk and or overpriced. Who is going to pay over 8 grand for a truck with 221 thousand miles? Not anything special either just a regular truck. I sent in a couple of requests for more info from a few of the big used car sites, Nothing back from any of them. Unreal.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
I will be glad to look around this area if that is a consideration. I need to know more or less the specifics on the truck for which you are looking.
I live about 200 miles from Cave Spring though. Not a pleasant drive either, especially if you don't get what you want. Like I said there are plenty of trucks, but very few worth the price.

Just let me know if I can be of any help. I owe it to someone serving or have served our country in the military.
FWIW, I did 3 years in the Army.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:10 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Thanks Mike !

2001 Lighting. Also a bust.

Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2015, 08:57 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
OK this is the one for sure !!!
After weeks of looking, no reply's to emails I have finally found the truck. Just got off the phone with the guy, He gave me a great deal when he found out I am in the military and is going to hold it till my wife can drive down and pick it up. A 2002 Lighting with 103 thousand miles.

Attached Images    
Old 01-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
It looks to me like you got real winner.

Choice of color, as I am sure you know, is purely subjective. I personally much prefer the black truck over the red. White happens to be my favorite though.

I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:20 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
You are right about colors, Red and Black are my favorites followed by blue. Silver or white was not even in the running. In all my years I have owned one silver vehicle and no white ones.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:35 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey Guys,
I just want to give a big shout out to Kevin and the crew at Adventure Auto. They are hands down the nicest and fastest responding people I have dealt with in the last couple of weeks. Makes we wish I had called them first. If you are in the market for a used vehicle I highly recommend giving them a chance. They are right down from the Atlanta Motor Speedway.

[URL="http://www.adventurervandauto.com/"[/URL]

Old 01-15-2015, 08:45 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The best wife in the world is on her way to go get my new ride!!!! In a couple of months I might get to drive it. I'm afraid the wife will like it too much and not to give up the keys. She is picking it up now!!! She says I'm going to kill myself in it.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:41 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good news !!!
The lighting is now at the house! Finally got me some good internet and face-timed yesterday while they were picking it. Oh yea that truck is bad to the bone. My wife was very intimidated of it at first but the longer she drove it the more comfortable she became with it. Our 14 year old daughter says it too loud, the wife says it awesome sounding. She says there were lots of lookers at it on the way home.

Wife is glad I will not be sending her anymore pictures of trucks, I said now it's pictures of floor mats, tonneau covers and any other cool stuff I can find !!!! Submitted my request for another R &R yesterday. I am ready !!!

Quick Reply: January 2015 Chat Thread