Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Happy New Year.....January BS thread

Old 01-31-2015, 07:20 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good morning Randy, Pete and the rest of the gang stopping by today!

Heading out on a little roadtrip today to St.Peter and then working our way back. Wifey wants to do some shopping for the new house I guess. Better go with to help keep the budget in line!

Pete I have an 18volt Dewalt 1/2 drive cordless impact. I really like it myself. I am pretty sure they have higher voltage ones now that may be better then what I have now. Watch the torque output on the ones you are looking at. The price may seem good on some but they will have lower torque at least that is what I noticed when I was looking for mine. That was 8 years ago when I bought mine.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:00 AM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning fellas!

B-ball practice this morning otherwise relaxing on the home front.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:04 AM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
I think I might fill up the truck today. Fuel is still hovering at $2.59 here in town.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:12 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wildstang
Congratulations gettingthe sled going. Go eas young man. New England has lots. Should be 5' in Maine. Went riding today 190 miles. Got 7" of powdery snow at my house today. Trails were pretty loose. Corners were interesting at times
Thanks Jim. It felt good to have it running again. Jealous of all the sow you are finally getting.

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
GOOOOOOOD SATURDAY MORNING MINNESOTAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Coffee's brewing, Bagels are on the counter, where in the heck is the Danish????
Awwww, comeon over anyways!!!
Good morning Randy. I would have shown up if there had been danishes.

Originally Posted by Peter3540
Good morning Randy and the rest of MN. Have a great Saturday.

Quick question, I am looking for a cordless impact driver. Anyone have feedback on any brands they would recommend or stay away from?
Good morning Pete. I have a basic Porter Cable that seems fine but I haven't really researched them at all.

Originally Posted by fordpower88
Good morning Randy, Pete and the rest of the gang stopping by today!

Heading out on a little roadtrip today to St.Peter and then working our way back. Wifey wants to do some shopping for the new house I guess. Better go with to help keep the budget in line!

Pete I have an 18volt Dewalt 1/2 drive cordless impact. I really like it myself. I am pretty sure they have higher voltage ones now that may be better then what I have now. Watch the torque output on the ones you are looking at. The price may seem good on some but they will have lower torque at least that is what I noticed when I was looking for mine. That was 8 years ago when I bought mine.
Good morning Troy and good luck shopping. Sounds like a nice road trip.

Originally Posted by HP junkie
I think I might fill up the truck today. Fuel is still hovering at $2.59 here in town.
Good morning Cory. I filled up earlier this week while running around. Found diesel for $2.49 in Cedar. Just a little north of Anoka.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:17 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Another busy weekend going here.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:32 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Good morning Dave. We have Allie's birthday today. Tomorrow I think I need to go see mom. Haven't been there for a while now. Maybe try to run the sled a bit if we do actually get a little snow. Then the Stupid Bowl of course.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:07 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Good morning guys...

Pete, I have Makita LXT series Lithium Ion 18v and they are strong as heck... I did a total renovation of my almost 100 year old house in Minneapolis as well as the Veranda on the front my my house now using these tools... A few years later, I am starting to have battery failures, but they have been worked long and very hard.. I can't complain at all..

BTW, you will find the Makita LXT tools on most jobsites nowadays as they and Dewalt are the two major players.. Ever watch TreeHouse Masters on cable? Makita tools there as well..

Old 01-31-2015, 10:02 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Makita is good stuff, so is dewalt. All my stuff is snap on, but different for me.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:23 AM
Peter3540
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Good morning guys...

Pete, I have Makita LXT series Lithium Ion 18v and they are strong as heck... I did a total renovation of my almost 100 year old house in Minneapolis as well as the Veranda on the front my my house now using these tools... A few years later, I am starting to have battery failures, but they have been worked long and very hard.. I can't complain at all..

BTW, you will find the Makita LXT tools on most jobsites nowadays as they and Dewalt are the two major players.. Ever watch TreeHouse Masters on cable? Makita tools there as well..
I currenty have some Hilti products I got as a gift from a friend when he worked for Hilti. Great stuff and still run strong, but they are 10 years old. Very heavy compared to the stuff today. Makita LXT was one that I was looking at. Thanks for the recommendation. I am going to look at Milwaukee Tools too.

Originally Posted by dlibson
Makita is good stuff, so is dewalt. All my stuff is snap on, but different for me.
Another vote for Makita. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:35 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Best places I have found to buy Makita is Rakuten ( used to be Buy.com ) and Amazon..

Be careful to look for LXT rather than the home-owner strength LCT tools.. I do have an LCT drill for the house and it's fine though.. The LCT does not have the 3.0 AH battery though.. Only 1.5 AH as far as I know..

I've bought a couple sets of Refurbs here just for the batteries.. Actually, I think they are really new, but they are phasing out the brush type motors (which I have) for the Brushless which are supposedly stronger and more energy efficient..
Rakuten.com

Old 01-31-2015, 08:02 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Good evening guys.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:44 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
I've got the Milwaukee impact driver, drill, hackzall and their 3/8 ratchet. They seem to work well.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:09 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 131 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by HP junkie
We are at least $0.50 more per gallon here

Old 02-01-2015, 06:07 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
GOOOOOD SUNDAT MORNING MINNESOTAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

This morning's goodies are Hot Coffee with Italian Sweet Cream, Blueberry Bagels and our favorite - Warm Danish!!!

It's all on the counter guys, help yourselves!!!

Old 02-01-2015, 09:51 AM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Good morning fellas!

Looks like a good for a football game. Have fun and be safe!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Happy New Year.....January BS thread