Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What a Dumb Holiday

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2015, 03:37 AM
Posting Guru

BruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to behold
What a Dumb Holiday

Time off from work, jerks and idiots getting drunk and being dumb, me up when I should be sleeping cause off all the noise. All cause what, a digit on the calendar changed, dumb.

Do I get time off from work for a real holiday I like to celebrate, the 4th of July, nope.

April 19th 1775 a group of true heroes fight and die for freedom, not lead by any formal government but simply cause it's the right thing to do. In the process sparking the American Revolution at the battles Lexington and Concord. Is it a national holiday, nope, do most Americans even know what I'm talking about nope. (July 4th is just a date on a document written by politicians after all, the war had been on for a year before the declaration was penned, but of course, that's the more important day selected by politicians.)

But a number on a calendar, wow that's a big deal.

Almost 40 million people worldwide die in the greatest fight for freedom this world has ever known. Do we celebrate VE or VJ day, barely, it's on some calendars, Veterans' day sure, we put a flag up, but a worldwide party, even a day off work, only if you work at a bank or push paper for the government.

But holy cow, the last number on the date has changed from 4 to 5 and the whole western world stops.

Dumb.
“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ―Samuel Adams
Old 01-01-2015, 07:59 AM
Postmaster

rollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to all
We get a day off for Canada day.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
I know what you mean., I'd love to go to bed early, but there's no point...as soon as the clock strikes midnight it sounds like there's a war going on outside with all the fireworks and gunfire accompanied by whooping and hollering. Soon after I heard sirens off in the distance, so someone probably wrapped themselves around a tree or something while driving home from the bar. I guess that's part of the price I pay for living in the country, but it's a predominantly redneck area so we get that sort of thing a lot.

It's sort Northern California's version of Buckley...

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Post Fiend

FORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud of
heaven forbid we celibate life with another year.if your life isn't worth celebrating id recommend doing something different with it lmao.
holy crap.enjoy and have fun.we're only here for a little while guys.do you really think vets served for us so we could be miserable and not live free,celebrate what we have thanks to them and have the pursuit of happiness?

now on a more positive note; my new years resolution two years ago: quit smoking.i did and after 18 yrs of a pack a day my lungs are clearing up and much heather.celibate and have fun and make the most of it.
hope all you guys can make and keep your new yrs resolutions too! good luck! happy new years!
♠ Log Truck: '93 F-Super Duty (F450) XLT 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 5:13, Dually, 16' Dump & Auto Crane ♠
♠ Chip Truck: '93 F250HD XLT 4x4 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 3.55, Dually, 9' Dump, & Plow ♠

Old 01-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Post Fiend

slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.
what does dumb mean
Old 01-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Another protest in the making

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 01-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
My problem isn't with celebrating the New Year, it's with how so many people choose to celebrate it. Shooting guns into the air, drinking to excess and then getting behind the wheel of a car, and even just in making as much noise as possible. The gunfire and fireworks kept going sporadically for almost an hour last night. I kept waiting for one of those bullets to come through the roof, or even a window.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:28 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
same on this side of the country Dan. the fireworks from new yawk lasted until 1:50 am.
every year it gets worse.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Posting Guru

BruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
I guess that's part of the price I pay for living in the country, but it's a predominantly redneck area so we get that sort of thing a lot.
I'd think it would be better there, where the concentration of responsible considerate people with jobs goes up. These days I live in a racially and socially diverse neighborhood. I was putting a lot of it on the high concentration of welfare sucking, drug dealing, rude, blacks. I could see how white trash types could be the country version though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
heaven forbid we celibate life with another year.if your life isn't worth celebrating id recommend doing something different with it lmao.
holy crap.enjoy and have fun.we're only here for a little while guys.do you really think vets served for us so we could be miserable and not live free,celebrate what we have thanks to them and have the pursuit of happiness?
Yeah, celebrate life, life is certainly worth celebrating but celebrate it in a meaningful way without disturbing others lives. There is no meaning no the calendar changing, it's not something to celebrate. There is meaning in a birthday, in an anniversary of a personal triumph, in the anniversary of a national or worldwide triumph, the date changing is none of these.

New years celebrations of the kind I speak aren't a celebration of life. There are a mob mentality excuse to degrade life, to destroy and degrade life. The larger point however is the priority level we give to holidays, it seems more and more these with the least meaning are celebrated the most, while days of true meaning, of great triumph are celebrated less or forgotten altogether. IMO it's group delusion, if we celebrate things with meaning we have to face and understand that meaning, celebrating the meaningless however is mindless, and most people enjoy being stupid.
“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ―Samuel Adams
Old 01-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Post Fiend

slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.slimbo13 has a spectacular reputation.
interesting history to the holiday New Year?s - Holidays - HISTORY.com
Old 01-02-2015, 06:09 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
As a non drinker I see no sense in excessive alcohol consumption whether it's new years or your birthday. Celebrate responsibly and respect everyone.

God knows that I've spent my fair share of holiday seasons out to sea or otherwise deployed / stationed away from family. I'm thankful for the time off and the time to spent with my loved ones.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-02-2015, 06:09 AM