VetNet A forum dedicated to ALL Veterans... their unique needs and wants. A place where Veterans old and new can discuss their problems and find the help and support they are looking for.

2015 VETNET Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:37 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kripes - that's worse than a car payment. At least if you got a car you could drive the (F)ing thing...

Old 04-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I wonder if it is a certifiable complaint to never be able to sleep more than an hour or three at a time - I just don't anymore, it isn't in my nature anymore to even wonder why...

It's my habit. Just enough to refresh, and then move on. I did a few good deeds for the day, and one was to make note of an organization for VETS, here is a video about it:

'Nuff said. There is a thread about that, and we now also have a thread for meet and greets, and special events.

GOOD.

I feel like I have done what I am supposed to

But I think I am going to need some special abilities if I am going to do a really good job for everybody, otherwise I'm gonna have to ask mods and admins for favors all the time, and I'm sure they have better things to do.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:50 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Old 04-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Update on my personal sitrep - if all goes well, tomorrow I will start that car!!!

hand reamer tool was used to get rid of flash from drilling

Photos above show the throttle body ready to GO!

I give it 24 hours for the blue loctite to dry, and then I will install it and test fire it

CHARLIE KILO ALPHA GOLF MIKE DELTA
(Can't Keep A Good Man Down)

FOXTROT ROMEO!
*(F) Retreat

*Fuel delivery system checks read 5.0, 100 PSI with clean fuel at the output.

WE'RE GOIN'...

I learned some of my stuff from working on cars in the civilian sector, the rest -

YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL WHERE IT CAME FROM!

I hung out with everyone I could around AIMD...

Airframes
Hydro
GSE
Paraloft....

Anywhere I could learn anything

*This did not necessarily help me earn air warfare spec wings, but I knew that was not going to help much later. What I wanted to do all of my life had little to do with that.

I have always wanted to be a HOTRODDER

Old 04-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Truly the best way to learn. Talk to many people, discuss projects and solutions and just plain watching others.

Are we getting a video of this beast your fixing?

Old 04-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I haven't checked out my video editing options - but I saw a video editor I did not know I had.

Dunno if my connect speed/PC can handle it

Old 04-13-2015, 01:34 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Down there somewhere in the old threads are my struggles when I first retired and had a very hard time just surviving.

I wonder about those days sometimes.

Betrayed by the bitch I married, who ran off with a clown who lied about how he left service in the airforce and cannot to this day prove that he ever paid federal taxes or social security ever since.

I have turned a lot of my life around, and have solid friends on all sides of me.

Many of you wonder what you face when you leave the services, but I kid you not - the concepts of honor and integrity that you learn in the services will serve you well.

People look up to those that they can rely on, who not only have skills but also a sense of "WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE", that is a gift of the military - the over view of what is expected that military people have.

I don't think many civilians have that, they are out for what they can gain, not for the "COMPANY" or anything outside of themselves and how they can profit from it.

The military teaches organizational thinking - What is the overall mission plan?

What are we trying to do?

Thinking outside of yourself...

Any company or corporation that only has nine to five backstabbers in the house can appreciate someone who thinks of the common goal and mission plan.

And yet - I look at the model set out by the Dollar General stores and find that they take advantage of using entry level people and toss them away like replaceable units.

The MANAGERS at Dollar General are also thrown away by setting unrealistic goals unless they are willing to prostitute themselves by working extra unpaid hours to make those stores successful...

I have seen two TOP SERGEANTS, retired from the US MARINE CORPS fired because they failed to live up to unrealistic expectations in the store across the road from me.

The headquarters that the 1-800 numbers on the bottom of the sales slips connect to?

I recognized the accent of the speaker, and got into a long conversation with her.

She was in the Phillipines, city of Manila. That is where the actual corporate offices are.
I know - the actual product points of origin are in your own state - but the corporate entity is far away

When you call the numbers on the sales slips - that is where you are connecting to. It is an offshore company that doesn't even understand American HOLIDAYS.

To DOLGENCORP, we are replaceable - I have seen it time after time.

Highly qualified people run into the trash and fired.

It is an aware individual who looks closely at who is hiring them, and what their track record with employees is.

NEVER work for a crap outfit!

DOLLAR GENERAL is constantly hiring - because they are also constantly throwing people away FOR ANY EXCUSE because experienced people have to be paid more for their experience. LOOK UP ON THE INTERNET how many lawsuits they have fended off, and you will find a track record of abuse.

You don't want to work for them, and that is just one example.

BE SURE that an employer is fair and realistic, and the best way to investigate that is to talk to people who have worked there for a while.

Otherwise you may be walking into a trap

Go to the back door - talk to the people who actually work there.
They will tell you the truth.

When you go look at a place you may want to work after the military, use the principles the military taught you

EVALUATE the organization.

Take a step back and decide if they are doing good and pay well first

Then look at what good they may do for YOU -
If they are not willing to train you up, you'll be stuck at the level you joined them at

ALWAYS look for upward mobility - the chance to move upward and earn higher pay
If it lacks it - consider it a temporary job

You can't improve your life by pitching hamburgers forever

Old 04-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
On the lighter side, this is what "RECYCLING" can do....

*It has occurred to me that I am a Military Expert, WHERE:
"EX" is a prefix meaning FORMER, or NO LONGER

-and-

A "SPURT" is a "Drip Under Pressure"...

Thus an "EXPERT" is defined as a former drip under pressure....

*But I was an AIMD guy, so that's no slam on anybody else

I plan to wrap another tire around the base once I get one big enough to slide past the rest, so it will have plants on the bottom, top, and in the middle.