WTB - Ford Trucks & other vehicles Want to buy vehicles

WTB: Northeast US - 67-79 F100 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 02:45 PM
thecause17
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTB: Northeast US - 67-79 F100 2WD

Like the title says, I'm looking for a '67-'79 F100 2WD. Must be a short bed. Preferably a complete roller with a decent body on it and no drivetrain. I'm not expecting NO rust, but I also don't want a completely rotted out truck. Let me know what you have, good pics, location, price, etc...

Old 02-22-2015, 01:03 PM
twin me beam
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1977 F100 custom order one owner in Idaho

Hi.
I was talking to my old shipmate today (2-22-15) in Idaho (Boise) and he met a guy who is settling an estate. This guy has no internet.
There is a 1977 one owner ford pickup F100 included.
It was parked years ago and the tires are shot but the interior is like new.
It was his mom's and she special ordered it new and stopped driving it.
It sounds like the owner doesn't know much of anything about the truck but he doesn't want to junk it. he wants it to go to a good home because it's pretty original/cherry.
Call Fred in Boise and leave a message (they don't answer unknown calls) that Russ mentioned the 1977 Ford pickup and the ford truck enthusiast forum.
Fred's number is 208-608-3186. He also has internet and intends on getting some pictures to help the guy out. Fred is an "model A" nut.
He is getting details and will call you back if you are interested.
Good hunting.
Russ in CA. twin me beam

Old 03-02-2015, 12:20 AM
Nosjunke
Junior User
Originally Posted by thecause17
Like the title says, I'm looking for a '67-'79 F100 2WD. Must be a short bed. Preferably a complete roller with a decent body on it and no drivetrain. I'm not expecting NO rust, but I also don't want a completely rotted out truck. Let me know what you have, good pics, location, price, etc...
1973 F-100, no engine or trans just like you wanted in great shape. I was going to swap the 4.6 and 4r70w in I, but daughter lost interest. $4000 for truck, engine, trans, wiring, accessories, everything. Just need mounts welded in, engine finished. Will still need some parts to get it to run such as a fuel pump, fuel lines, a/c lines made up, radiator hoses (I have 2 radiators, the truck one and one from Lincoln MK VIII with fan).

Old 03-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Nosjunke
Junior User
Before I added the sound deadening I clean, sanded, and POR-15'd the floor.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:52 AM
thecause17
Junior User
It's been a while since I posted this ad originally, and I'm not really in the market for one now, but I do like what you have there. Out of curiosity, what would your price be without your engine and trans?

Old 03-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Nosjunke
Junior User
Hey, sorry I was slacking on the reply. Id sell it without the engine for same price. No one wants a complete swap ready to go and nothing to put it in. So I'd through the engine swap stuff for free.

NO, just kidding of course...I really would prefer to clean out the garage in one fell swoop Putting the engine and everything in the bed of the truck and watching it pull away on a trailer would be best but $3500 would be the magic number. I have that in the restoration parts on the truck alone without the price of the truck. Now I could take the stereo out and reuse it and drop another $500 from the price to $3000, I keep stereo (well, I'd keep CD player in it) and engine. You'd still get truck with good interior.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:55 PM
thecause17
Junior User
Ok, thanks for the numbers. I'd like you to make sure you want to sell the truck. I kinda get the impression that you're not sure what you want to do with it, going by what you've said in your build thread, and the fact the the swap parts are already listed in the for sale section saying you're rebuilding a 360 for it. So I'm not really sure what you want to do and I don't want to waste my time or yours if two weeks from now you change your mind after I've organized getting some help and a trailer to drive the 6+ hours down there to get it.

I haven't ruled out buying the whole package, but the early 4.6 DOHC just wouldn't have been my choice and it'll leave me to either swap in something I wasn't planning on doing and hoping I'm happy with it, or having to deal with selling the swap parts myself. That's why I'm more interested in buying everything else. Even putting in another factory motor/trans and getting it all together might cost me in the end what I could've bought a decent running/driving truck for anyway.

Let me know what you want to do for sure and just reply to the PM I sent you asking for recent pics, etc..thanks.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:21 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got a 1968 F100. Short bed. SOLD

Old 02-04-2016, 09:20 PM
thecause17
Junior User
Gonna go ahead and bump this thread for anyone who may have anything.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:35 AM
flyinbrian04
Freshman User
69 shortbed

I have a 69 shortbed, pretty straight body, no holes that i can remember, I started to restore it and still have hope of finishing it but I think I want to buy some real estate in the up. It will run now, it has a sweet 360 and I backed ito the lean to but it's not drive able.I have many extra parts,and three extra engines,built 352,390 super marauder,and a 460. I have engine mounts for the 460. The truck has p.s. and automatic trans.Truck is in primer(ish). the frame and underside were media blasted and primed.Located in mi.$5000.00 would buy it all.Brian E-mail nicholsonheatingandcooling@yahoo.com

Old 02-27-2016, 09:52 AM
thecause17
Junior User
Originally Posted by flyinbrian04
I have a 69 shortbed, pretty straight body, no holes that i can remember, I started to restore it and still have hope of finishing it but I think I want to buy some real estate in the up. It will run now, it has a sweet 360 and I backed ito the lean to but it's not drive able.I have many extra parts,and three extra engines,built 352,390 super marauder,and a 460. I have engine mounts for the 460. The truck has p.s. and automatic trans.Truck is in primer(ish). the frame and underside were media blasted and primed.Located in mi.$5000.00 would buy it all.Brian E-mail nicholsonheatingandcooling@yahoo.com
Have any pictures?

Old 02-28-2016, 07:51 AM
flyinbrian04
Freshman User
I can't findthe good ones I have, But if your serious I can try to take some more but it's jammed in the leanto and snow piled in front, I can probably take some close ups underneath and such.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Richard0912
New User
I have a completely restored 68 SWB
2 tone white/Boxwood green
351 Windsor motor pushing 500hp
New c4 transmission
New 20" American Racing wheels
$25k
Located in Sugar Land, Texas.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:15 PM
thecause17
Junior User
Going to bump this for anyone who may be interested in a trade.

I have an '04 Miata, 5-speed, 85k miles. Body/top is in really nice shape, no drivetrain mods. Mechanically it's great, I drive it regularly. Here is a couple pics:

Car is modified with high quality parts, which include:

*Hard Dog double diagonal roll bar, with high energy impact padding/cover.

*949 Racing 6UL 15x8 wheels with 225/45/15 BFGoodrich G-Force Rival S Tires (Very light wheels at only 11.6lbs each)

* Flyin' Miata alumunum extended lug nuts

* Flyin' Miata Stage II Suspension - FM Springs, Koni adjustable shocks and adjustable sway bars

* Track Dog Racing front splitter

* Voodoo textured black aluminum shift ****

* OEM sideskirts, rear pieces and rear spoiler

*Visor delete (still have them though)

The car is also hard top ready, meaning all hardware needed to attach a hardtop is present and working, I've had one on the car before. The roll bar is a model specifically designed to allow hard top use. I also have all stock parts to return the car back to stock, including the OEM 16" wheels with good tires. All mods have less than 4k miles. Tranny and diff fluids have been changed with Redline fluids and it'll get a fresh oil change this weekend as it's coming up on being due. I was setting this car up for autocross racing, but have never actually gotten to do it as I've been too busy. It's a great car. I took it on a 700 mile road trip in one day this summer and it was a great drive. Power windows, cruise control, cold A/C. '04's also came with a bigger brake package that was previous a sport package option.

If you're interested let let know about your trade, or even if you'd want to buy the car outright, I'd entertain that too. If you have a trade, I ask that it's a fairly solid and straight body and preferably a running/driving truck, and as before, must be a short bed.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:21 PM
1693ta
New User
I have a 1967 F100 short box that is in pieces with most parts to finish it.
351 windsor, C6, 9 inch rear, disk brakes front and power steering
sectioned in parts of the floor that were rusted $2700

Rapid City, South Dakota

Come visit Mt. Rushmore when you pick it up!

Quick Reply: WTB: Northeast US - 67-79 F100 2WD