1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT: Hobbies, skills?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 06:52 PM
lfed
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the summer I enjoy flying model RC planes and helicopters and in the winter working in the shop.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:56 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
here are some pictures of my old clocks:

This is my Thomas Lister tall case clock built in England over 200 years ago. In front is my rocker built by my Great-G-G- grandfather which predates the civil War.

This is a Wooden gear clock built in Bristol, CT. It is not working at this time, several teeth are missing from a gear.

This is a mantle clock that belonged to my wife's grandfather made by Ingraham of Bristol, CT.

This is a banjo clock made by Sessions in 1929, the same year our house was built. It is identical to one my parents had hanging in our kitchen when I was a kid.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Rollingmenace
Junior User
I'm also an avid motorcyclist I used to race as well but have gotten away from that I ride probably around 300 days a year ... Even rode part of Rt66 last spring on a 1600 mile trek over 3 days.. My baby 99 Honda VFR 800 ... Tons of extras Canadian blue fairings, Rc51 front suspension, Ohlins fully adjustable rear.. Wolf carbon fiber and stainless exhaust rare and made in England .. Power commander II ecm... Tons of extras and 69990 miles and counting here's a few pics one of the bike one just from a ride and the other from the round barn in Arcadia oklahoma on Rt66

Old 12-20-2014, 07:04 PM
Rollingmenace
Junior User
I also have an affinity for colt pistols and Winchester rifles and shotguns

0ne vintage winnebago And a partridge in a pear tree... Lol..

Old 12-20-2014, 08:02 PM
MLBaranowski
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Rollingmenace
Well besides the F1 I have tons of other hobbies and interests... I restore ride and race vintage Honda ATC's (threewheelers) and quads here are some pics

This is wonderful. I am a big fan of old three wheelers. I had a '84 Kawasawski Tecate that I loved. But then my dad sold it out from under be when he got a new 4 wheeler. Down here in Texas they are about impossible to find.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Rollingmenace
Junior User
Originally Posted by MLBaranowski
This is wonderful. I am a big fan of old three wheelers. I had a '84 Kawasawski Tecate that I loved. But then my dad sold it out from under be when he got a new 4 wheeler. Down here in Texas they are about impossible to find.
Man there making a comeback ... The last few years they have been racing at the atv Nationals in pine lake Ohio....there is also a real active race circuit on the west coast...... They still pop up foe sale down your neck of the woods... Arizona is a real hotspot

Old 12-21-2014, 06:21 AM
fordf5
Senior User

I like to make knives from old discarded files.
I fabricated the kiln outa junk.
I also made the 2x72 belt grinder used to shape the blades.

.....Roger

Old 12-21-2014, 08:05 AM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 618 Likes on 328 Posts
Nice work, Roger!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by pineconeford
Nice work, Roger!

I second that!

Old 12-21-2014, 11:14 AM
avf100
Fleet Mechanic
Received 400 Likes on 188 Posts

I am an avid off-road motorcyclist. I have been riding since I was 15 and am 60 now. I bought my 55 back in 1973 because I wanted a truck to haul the dirtbike in.

This pic is from a couple of years ago. We are in the parking lot of a beer brewery in the Mojave desert called Indian Wells brewery. It was about 30 miles from where we were camped that weekend. Right off of hwy 395 by Ridgecrest ca.

I am the tall guy with the black & blue riding gear. The guy on the far left lost the lower 1/2 of his left leg in a streetbike accident. But he can still ride offroad pretty good.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:50 PM
avf100
Fleet Mechanic
Received 400 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by abe
here are some pictures of my old clocks:

This is my Thomas Lister tall case clock built in England over 200 years ago. In front is my rocker built by my Great-G-G- grandfather which predates the civil War.

This is a Wooden gear clock built in Bristol, CT. It is not working at this time, several teeth are missing from a gear.

This is a mantle clock that belonged to my wife's grandfather made by Ingraham of Bristol, CT.

This is a banjo clock made by Sessions in 1929, the same year our house was built. It is identical to one my parents had hanging in our kitchen when I was a kid.

Nice clocks ! I had a friend whose dad refurbished antique coo-coo clocks. He must have had a hundred of them, maybe, at least it seemed like he did. There was one wall in their house that was dedicated to nothing but antique clocks.
Every hour there would be dozens of coo-coo clocks going off, it was pretty cool.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:27 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lately I have been working way too much, but I love to play tennis. When work isn't so busy I play 4 or 5 days each week for about 2 hours, if the weather permits. I played soccer in college but am much too old for that sport now. I played competitive soccer until I was early 50's and just couldn't keep up with the younger ones. Tennis is much easier on the body but will still keep one in shape.
I also BBQ a lot in my smoker, my specialty being ribs that fall off the bone and brew beer occasionally.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:35 PM
cstempert
Tuned
Originally Posted by abe
here are some pictures of my old clocks: This is my Thomas Lister tall case clock built in England over 200 years ago. In front is my rocker built by my Great-G-G- grandfather which predates the civil War. This is a Wooden gear clock built in Bristol, CT. It is not working at this time, several teeth are missing from a gear. This is a mantle clock that belonged to my wife's grandfather made by Ingraham of Bristol, CT. This is a banjo clock made by Sessions in 1929, the same year our house was built. It is identical to one my parents had hanging in our kitchen when I was a kid.
Nice clocks Abe

I live in Wolcott, CT right between Bristol and Thomaston where your clocks were built
There are several businesses in the old clock factory now Still has its stack and water tower on the roof

Old 12-21-2014, 04:53 PM
pintoplumber
Fleet Mechanic
Received 554 Likes on 266 Posts
We go camping quite often, here's a picture.

I'm also an HO scale model railroader. I'm treasurer of our club in Ephrata PA. Here's some shots from today, we hold open houses Saturday and Sundays after Thanksgiving until the middle of January.

Here's 2 buildings that I scratchbuilt.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:27 PM
willymakeit
Tuned
Hunting/fishing , canoeing and fooling with bees. Working on my 56.
Wife and I are thinking about moving out of town, First thing I'm going to do is put a couple hive strategically located by the shop. Funny to big grown men and boys avoid them.
Last but first is enjoying my grand kids.

Quick Reply: OT: Hobbies, skills?