1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius (or XM) love it or otherwise

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 05:26 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,492 Likes on 1,302 Posts
One thing that Satellite radio has going for it for someone like myself where you might be sitting in the seat for 8-12 hours going through multiple states is you don't have to keep searching for a station, but on that note I'll agree that they say commercial free but the DJs are gibber jabbering to much about nothing and promoting in house garbage is a form of a commercial. I know I said when the play commercials on the music channels it was being canceled and it's getting close.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
The one thing I really like to do is listen to audio books.
When I am not doing that then it's music that I have loaded
onto an iPod/iPhone or then I find a station I like on Iheart
(KFI 640 AM From LA) Sort of fun to listen to the state next door
and there fights. Less depressing that local politics.

I recall a time when cable TV was to be ad free. Gee what happened there?
AND Ads have gotten so stupid. If I hear that Gecko one more time I am
going to puke.And they are not the top on the stupid list by a long shot.

Sorry about the rant.

Sean

Marry Christmas

Old 12-24-2014, 03:19 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
We don't get along anymore. Paid full price for a couple years. They would always try to charge the wrong type of credit card then send my the account past due emails. I went about 3yrs. paying half price. This year I ignored the renewal emais. They charged my card full price for the year. I called and said I wanted my money back which they did.

I called about a week later to get it turned back on. There was no way they were going to give it to me for what I had been paying. I said it's that or nothing. They chose nothing. Of course it's holiday time right after this. Lots of time in the truck.

I call so I can get one month service. The guy says ok that's 60 some dollars. One month plus activation. Told him that aint gonna happen and hung up. I called again and the fellow I talked to said they should have left it running for a month after and turned it back on. He said I would probably receive some special offer during that time. It never came. So at the moment I am siriusless.

I would re up with them again but not at full price.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:34 AM
rvpuller
Received 431 Likes on 282 Posts
My first experience with it in a vehicle was our free 6 months that came with our 2013 we do like it, we also listen to it over our satellite dish and have for years. When the preview was close to coming to a end they called and called until they gave me another 6 months for 4.95 a month, at that time I told them not to contact me by mail but by email because we don't get mail for months at a time. When we did get home I found their bill in the mail along with a automatic renewal to the highest price plan. I called and told them to cancel it, after a long discussion I ended up with music only for 8.95 a month, I also told them their travel was a joke and I got better information off my table and MiFi. I checked my account on line and at the end of our year they have me scheduled to go to the expensive plan again so I will have to go through the whole thing again.

They gave me a free preview of travel and it was a PITA on our trip from Virginia to Florida, all sorts of road alerts that were outdated over our nav system, I just want music only not all the other crap.

Denny

Old 12-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
wonder how they will stay in business with all these bad experiances.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Greg B
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They may not, skip. If you recall Sirius was on the verge of bankruptcy prior to their takeover of XM.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg B
They may not, skip. If you recall Sirius was on the verge of bankruptcy prior to their takeover of XM.
I don't think that they have a financial problem. End of 2013, their net income was 65 million. The end of Sept, 9 months later, their net profit was 136 million on 1.057 billion in gross - or about 13%: SIRI Income Statement | Sirius XM Holdings Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

Of course, it is the end of the year now and that final number may "suffer".

I can tell you that that number for 2015 wont include my dollars

Old 12-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Greg B
Postmaster
They have obviously helped their bottom line with the acquisition of XM. But not with my dollars, either.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Called and cancelled Sirius today. They offered it to me for $5/month until June - nope, not gonna happen. I did a 184 channel 'tour' this morning while waiting for my wife at an appointment. I have better CDs and mP3 'things' to listen to then their endless loop channels with babbling DJs

Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Welcome to the other side Dave.. Or is that the LIGHT SIDE of the Force??

Now be prepared for their constant barrage of calls, mail and email perstering the cr@p out of you for the next few years...

Old 01-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Welcome to the other side Dave.. Or is that the LIGHT SIDE of the Force??

Now be prepared for their constant barrage of calls, mail and email pestering the cr@p out of you for the next few years...
Luckily those calls and other pestering will go to my wife as I was an add on to her account since we bought her Fusion before I bought my truck. She is very quiet but you know when you are done talking to her, she has told you where (and how) to go. Oh .... and she will dump Sirius in June at just about new car time.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Larry Straight
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to join once the trial is over.
If I am going to pay for music then I want only music! No DJs talking crap!

Old 02-23-2015, 11:58 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My free trial is out the middle of March. I tried to use coupons online I found and when I chatted with the online rep he said, "sorry sir we do not honor any online offers other than ours". I told him it is funny how 90% of the folks who tried it got the coupon discount. He again just said sorry. I told him I would not be subscribing then and closed the chat.

The only thing I listen to on it is NASCAR on my trips home from the farm on Sundays. I guess the dvr will just have to record it for me. I won't be subscribing.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:10 PM
airm4n
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad i bought unlimited back in the day. They keep sending me crap asking me to sign up for a subscription. All i do is laugh at them. As a rational person can any of you think why I would change my unlimited subscription to a paid one? I'm just trying to figure out their reasoning but as of yet i'm stumped.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:32 PM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I really like the fine print that states, "To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349". Funny how they will sign you up online but won't cancel you online.

Quick Reply: Sirius (or XM) love it or otherwise