Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Banks Headers

Old 07-19-2003, 12:29 PM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Banks Headers

Went to my local truck performance shop,and held some Banks headers in my hand,boy they sure are nice.My friend who works there called Banks and i can purchase just headers w/y-pipe which i do not need for around 900$.This is very high, but they sure are some quality headers.He is going to find out the best price for me.Tried to put my truck on the dyno but they were busy and couldnt get on,so when i get in on the 30th i will finally get my truck on the dyno.On another note, i spent over 2 weeks in my wifes tahoe on vacation and man i could not wait to get in my truck!She has the 5.3 and it has no ***,very weak!

Old 07-21-2003, 02:30 PM
ken04
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Banks Headers

Originally posted by V10KLZZ71S
Went to my local truck performance shop,and held some Banks headers in my hand,boy they sure are nice.My friend who works there called Banks and i can purchase just headers w/y-pipe which i do not need for around 900$.This is very high, but they sure are some quality headers.He is going to find out the best price for me.Tried to put my truck on the dyno but they were busy and couldnt get on,so when i get in on the 30th i will finally get my truck on the dyno.On another note, i spent over 2 weeks in my wifes tahoe on vacation and man i could not wait to get in my truck!She has the 5.3 and it has no ***,very weak!
Yea those Banks 'torque tubes' (their name for headers) are the best in the business I think. $900 aint bad for that quality. Look at the flange thickness and their weld quality, it's awesome. And they are long tube, equal length ta' boot. And long tube is what makes torque. So 1 set of Banks will outlast 5 sets of $250 headers, after that the $900 doesn't look too bad. Plus the guys at Banks are so helpful. They will talk and talk and talk to you about your truck and what will make it the most efficient, they are good people and very serious about performance.

Old 07-22-2003, 01:58 AM
V10man
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Banks Headers

I don't think the Banks are long tube. They are just a bit longer than the Borlas. Also, they are not equal length either. The last port tube is only about 10" long or so. The Banks headers for V10 motorhomes are long tube and equal length.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:07 AM
ken04
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Banks Headers

Originally posted by V10man
I don't think the Banks are long tube. They are just a bit longer than the Borlas. Also, they are not equal length either. The last port tube is only about 10" long or so. The Banks headers for V10 motorhomes are long tube and equal length.
Sorry, when I think Banks headers I automatically think V-10 motorhome since I have a V-10 van. I forget that most V-10's, and most all you here are pick-up drivers. SO yes I was referring to the motorhome headers. But, in comparison to some of the Ford smallblock headers that I remember, the Banks are long, whether they're officially 'long tube headers' I dunno. But I remember the headers I put on my 5.0 liter, 1/2 ton, 4WD 1991 pick-up, which were maybe 10-14", those Banks torque tubes were llloooooonnnnnggggggggggg in comparison, hahaha. Take care V10man.

Search this Thread