1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Door panels

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:04 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paul, I'm sorry to hear how and your wife were treated, especially at the clinic. It's a sad world when you go to school for something like that and you don't get treated well. I respect the medical community, and maybe it's from a stigma from other providers that makes people treat you that way. My mom just started working at a VA clinic, but she has a little experience with military life, dealing with me all the time, so she should be ok .

Sir John! I'm enlisted, it's kind of a natural response for me, I didn't mean to offend you by saying it. But I'm sure there will be opportunities for you to find work again doing something else. EMT maybe? More trauma maybe, but it would be a good test of your skills.

The courtesy light, are you talking about the light at the bottom of the door that turns on when you open it? If so, maybe a LED strip, with some 3M tape would do the trick.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:42 AM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by drpaul311
my panels are so beat up, its not funny and little hope to resurrect them to nice panels. whomever had this truck before me, didn't take care of this truck. i guess that is one reason i only paid 4900 for it.
More reason to convert to manual in the front and be done with all the plastic! (I'm on a mission here to convert OBS power doors to manual!) I keep thinking that even replacing all this stuff it will just break and crack again. I've got long arms so I don't mind reaching over the 2 times a year I will need to roll down the passenger side window to talk to someone. Or, I'll just make them walk around. It seems a lot of money (close to $1000 all in) for plastic door panels. I'd rather put that in my engine.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:00 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Dan, my sentiments exactly at this point. You can always go back to power later on if you find a good donor truck!

Old 12-29-2014, 03:29 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ProjectDually
Paul, I'm sorry to hear how and your wife were treated, especially at the clinic. It's a sad world when you go to school for something like that and you don't get treated well. I respect the medical community, and maybe it's from a stigma from other providers that makes people treat you that way. My mom just started working at a VA clinic, but she has a little experience with military life, dealing with me all the time, so she should be ok .

Sir John! I'm enlisted, it's kind of a natural response for me, I didn't mean to offend you by saying it. But I'm sure there will be opportunities for you to find work again doing something else. EMT maybe? More trauma maybe, but it would be a good test of your skills.

The courtesy light, are you talking about the light at the bottom of the door that turns on when you open it? If so, maybe a LED strip, with some 3M tape would do the trick.

i was enlisted sir! i was in the navy for ten years, got out and got educated! now im working on a dual masters degree - an MBA and MSN. im half done now. i actually want to try to get in at the VA for different reasons, but one reason is they are giving lots of money to nurses for graduate degrees.

thanks for your service sir!