Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2014, 01:49 AM
New User

StinkyGringo is starting off with a positive reputation.
New/Used 77 F-150 Custom

Hello Folks,

I am new to this forum as of today, and look forward to learning from all of you folks on here and contributing where I can. I recently purchased a 77 F-150 Custom w/ 351M, 4wd C6 combo and am in the works of getting it driveable. I have been looking around quite a bit and it seems like everyone has put a great deal of effort into compiling information on this forum. I do have a couple of questions to start out with, and if I am asking something that is common knowledge or is asked a lot please don't hesitate to let me know where I should be looking for this info instead of asking. I am still learning to navigate the site. So, here goes:

1) Does anybody have a picture of their throttle linkage/kickdown linkage setup for a stock intake/carb setup on a 351m? When I got the truck, the kickdown lever was not hooked up to anything, I have since hooked it up to the correct bracket, but there is no return spring on it so it does not come back by itself, is that normal? The last C6 I owned was hooked up to an 82 300 in an F-150, and the setup was a little different and I don't remember.

2) Are the front brake lines supposed to be split off of a T? The previous owner did a little bit of strange looking brake work, and I am trying to sort it out because the front brakes are locking up. I replaced the master cylinder, power booster, calipers, pads, rotors, the rear brakes look brand new no leaky wheel cylinders or anything. I am currently a little suspicious of the proportioning valve, and that will probably be the next thing that gets replaced.

I suppose that should do it for now, and I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this forum. By the way, a little bit about my background. I am currently working as a Mechanical Designer, and I was a general automotive mechanic before that. So let me know if you guys need any CAD work done!
Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks,
Nick

The new project.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Post Fiend

HIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to FTE.

Dunno about kickdowns.

The front brake lines are not supposed to T. The oem prop valve has a port for each front hard line and one for the rear.

Short beds rock. looks like you got one that has survived without being modded. i'd leave her be until you learn her character cuz every rig is different.

Again, welcome.
73 F100 SB, 4x4, 390FE, NP435, +4 on 35s, 71 F250 LB, 2wd, 360FE, T-18, 70 F100 LB, 2wd, 360FE-EFI, TKO-500, 76K original miles, 01 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4, 5.4L, 01 PT Cruiser Limited (DD), 71 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible, 68 Mustang 200-1v, 65 Mustang 289-4v
Old 12-16-2014, 09:51 AM