6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

New DieseltechRon video, bulletproof EGR/Oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
New DieseltechRon video, bulletproof EGR/Oil cooler

Best demo I have seen showing the difference in the Wix/Napa cap and a standard OEM filter at about the 3:06 minute mark

Josh

Old 12-15-2014, 09:48 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I thought the comment at the 10:00min mark about The clip on the EBP sensor. Wonder how often the clip is the cause of some of the problems with surges we see.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Bullitt390

Originally Posted by amdriven2liv
I thought the comment at the 10:00min mark about The clip on the EBP sensor. Wonder how often the clip is the cause of some of the problems with surges we see.
Certainly possible.

As much as I enjoy Ron's videos he sure does a lot of unnecessary procedures that waste time.

Disconnecting the degas y-pipe
Removing FICM
Removing fan shroud
Injector clip removal
Completely removing harness

And more...

All in all very educational nonetheless

Josh

Old 12-16-2014, 12:35 AM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
Certainly possible.

As much as I enjoy Ron's videos he sure does a lot of unnecessary procedures that waste time.

Disconnecting the degas y-pipe
Removing FICM
Removing fan shroud
Injector clip removal
Completely removing harness

And more...

All in all very educational nonetheless

Josh
Excellent video, thanks for posting it Josh and one thing I learned from the video is about his web site, DieselTechRon - Serving the Ford Diesel Community

Old 12-16-2014, 10:45 AM
dannyboy950
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One of the resons is he is a FORD Corporate tech useing the Ford procedure guide lines.
This pads the labor bill a little. All dealerships do this to some degree. Believe me the warrenty labor time will be less when Ford is footing the bill.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Bullitt390

Another interesting tidbit... Milwaukee tools told him to quit promoting their ratchets.

Out of any of the YouTube celebrities they definitely should back him up.

Josh

Old 12-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another interesting tidbit... Milwaukee tools told him to quit promoting their ratchets.

Out of any of the YouTube celebrities they definitely should back him up.

Josh
No doubt...I thought that was odd. I'm sure alot of those ratchets have been purchased by people watching his videos.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Bullitt390

Originally Posted by Money-Pit
No doubt...I thought that was odd. I'm sure alot of those ratchets have been purchased by people watching his videos.
I'm a big fan of my IR 1105max 1/4" ratchet. But that Milwaukee M12 is a slick tool and would have never considered owning if it weren't Ron.

Stupid Milwaukee

Josh

Old 12-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a big fan of my IR 1105max 1/4" ratchet. But that Milwaukee M12 is a slick tool and would have never considered owning if it weren't Ron.

Stupid Milwaukee

Josh
Yea, I've watched some what I assume are "authorized guys" to promote that same ratchet....the dudes didn't know wtf they were doing.....nothing more than salemen. I'll see if I can find it...

Here it is....I rather see it in action on a truck vs. on a counter, and then loosening a seat belt bolt..Puh-leez.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:17 PM
jmtbiggin
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have made it 56 minutes into it.As 6.0 novice it highly informative. Did not understand his Milwaukee tool comment,it looks like a great wrist saver

Old 12-16-2014, 09:03 PM
woodlander
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Money-Pit

That makes no sense at all. Maybe it was really a Makita rep in disguise.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Sullid01
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for posting. Ron is great - between him and sr mastertech, I have learned a lot. That Milwaukee wrench is great - I bought it because of Ron (and cause I'm lazy ). I have an IR air ratchet but the hose is a pain and it's loud. Milwaukee should send him some money

Old 12-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
I have 3 of them at the shop right now. I have broken 4 of them sofar. But it is so convenient,,, I will not go without it. I actually have one I haven't opened yet because every one I break,, happens after Home Depot is closed. I do overuse it tho. After rigorous use,, the ratcheting gear will strip and not have very much torque. I have snapped one of them in half!!! Lol. Cost of progress. They make more everyday. The battery lasts a VERY long time too.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Sullid01
Thanks for posting. Ron is great - between him and sr mastertech, I have learned a lot. That Milwaukee wrench is great - I bought it because of Ron (and cause I'm lazy ). I have an IR air ratchet but the hose is a pain and it's loud. Milwaukee should send him some money
They went so fas as to tell him to STOP promoting there tools because
he is not trained in there use (think that is how he worded it).
You get to read that in some of the inserted text lines near the
beginning of the video.

Sean

Old 12-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
I just watched a bit of it and,,,, well,,, I have a list of better ways to do some of it. Like the turbo clamps,, I wouldn't recommend beating on the clamp with a prybar. Unless you want to change the y pipe sooner than needed (have you seen how thin the flex joint is?) I use a long snap on push pin puller (about 2' long) with a little bend by the tip and it fits between the clamp and the flange and twist. The only thing that moves this way is the clamp. It works much better that the way I used to do it,, which was a 1 second hit with a cheap air hammer (I have a long barrel Mac one that is too strong). I will never leace the filterminder in the airbox while removing. It will get much too close to the degas bottle,, they break easily. And prying on the cold side cac tube?? They are known to break by just being on the truck. Let alone prying on it with the contact point being a bar. I have magnetic lights that I put on the hood with plug ins and I have a little square heater ( not a ceramic heater,, more like a 8"x8" box fan with heat) and set it on the flange for a min and they come off very easily. Same works for the bottom. I've never broke one,,,, yet. Lol. I do like his prying the turbo feed tube up tho. I'm gonna try that. Hope it doesn't scratch the compressor cover (I doubt it will).

I have a different opinion on the monetizing and marketing that the other guys do. Last I checked,, I have a job,, and I will make my living doing that. Bulletproof gave him a shirt to wear. That's cool. I don't have near enough time to edit and make videos. That's why my videos are so crude. It's the info I care about,,, not so much on the presentation. Just wait until I get away from this iPhone that doesn't pause video. Then my videos will be much better. But until then,, I will keep doing what I do. I do know about the apps that pause video,, but they are unreliable.

I sure hope my point doesn't come across in a bad way toward him,, but I do a bunch of disassembly and reassembly of the 6.0,, and I'm constantly fine tuning the process for time and quality. It gets me how the parts get thrown around after disassembly. If I break something during disassembly,,, I gotta pony up n buy it myself. I might chime back in if I watch more of the vid,, I will try and let it be tho.

Quick Reply: New DieseltechRon video, bulletproof EGR/Oil cooler