6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Can't Submit Vehicle Health Report

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:27 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
glad you got it working with the reset.

It is electronics.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know I'm ignorant of a lot of things on these new digitally controlled diesels, but I was never told by my dealer that I needed to run any sort of vehicle health report ( not even sure I know what it is, but can guess).... So is this something that's optional or WTH is it then?
GM's Onstar system will run diagnostics while you're running down the road and they will call you in your truck and talk with you if any issues...
I may be being too bold to presume that Ford's Sync technology is at least equivalent to that of my 02 Avalanche's OnStar system....

So now that I've proven my ignorance - does anyone feel like enlightening me?

Old 12-21-2014, 06:11 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I know I'm ignorant of a lot of things on these new digitally controlled diesels, but I was never told by my dealer that I needed to run any sort of vehicle health report ( not even sure I know what it is, but can guess).... So is this something that's optional or WTH is it then?
GM's Onstar system will run diagnostics while you're running down the road and they will call you in your truck and talk with you if any issues...
I may be being too bold to presume that Ford's Sync technology is at least equivalent to that of my 02 Avalanche's OnStar system....

My understanding is if there is an issue it will get reported to your servicing dealer.

You can it in your mysync.com account.

Tells you about the same as the onstar.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:32 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No, ford is not up to par with Onstar from 02.. (or 08).. I had an 08 Suburban that was great..

if you have not done so already, register at http://www.flmowner.com, you can see your service events there, and can add your own.

VHR is basically a self diag of on vehicle systems, and the analysis of that report is done online under the service tab of the flm(ford/lincoln/mercury)owner.com site.

they don't show you much inside the report.. I don't see my oil life remaining (2012), but it seems the new trucks (2015) do.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Sam...

That link didn't work..
Is it Official Ford Owner Site | Schedule Vehicle Maintenance, Get Tips, Advice & Coupons ?? That comes up anyways..

I'll check it out...

Sad to hear that GM has outpaced ford by more than a decade in electronics...

Old 12-21-2014, 07:46 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks Sam...

That link didn't work..
Is it Official Ford Owner Site | Schedule Vehicle Maintenance, Get Tips, Advice & Coupons ?? That comes up anyways..

I'll check it out...

Sad to hear that GM has outpaced ford by more than a decade in electronics...
Yes, typo corrected. Sorry.

I don't think it's electronics. I think it's an integrated view of added value customer service. Ford can't copy it, due to infringement issues, so it has to be different. That is hard to do.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:16 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like the VHR is incredibly simplistic. Tried running one for my Fusion last night and the website won't even let me read it.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:01 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 92F350CC
Sounds like the VHR is incredibly simplistic. Tried running one for my Fusion last night and the website won't even let me read it.
Hey 92F350CC,

I just logged in and verified that the website is fully functional on my end. Are you still having trouble viewing your report? Make sure the active phone number on your account matches the phone that is connected to SYNC when attempting to run the report. You can check this by clicking your name, then ACCOUNT SETTINGS after logging in: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com

Kim