6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
I had to quote this, ure lucky he doesn't live closer, lol
LOL Gerry...

I am waiting for Roy to get a set of Truck Nutz for his dually..

And they even have them in green.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,983 Likes on 1,593 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
LOL Gerry...

I am waiting for Roy to get a set of Truck Nutz for his dually..

And they even have them in green.

That's for Fiat RAM owners......with the flipped up moose mirrors.......

Old 12-12-2014, 11:16 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
That's for Fiat RAM owners......with the flipped up moose mirrors.......

Old 12-13-2014, 06:13 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 99150
Also, does the #2535 fit the truck with the Ford GN/ 5er prep on it?
The 2535 kit does fit with the factory 5th wheel/GN bracket on there. At first I thought it wouldn't just by looking at it.

One key thing you need to know, which I had to figure out on my own.

The big bolt for the passenger side air bag bracket, the big bolt that secures the top bracket to the frame , is tricky. If you look, the bolt will bottom out on the ford Gn bracket before it can be tightened. The fix is to use a couple extra washers in addition to the lock washer which will allow you to torque down this big bolt without it poking thru the hole in the frame too far so that it doesn't bottom out on the ford Gn bracket.

It's tricky and took me a good while to hold my tongue and everything else just right to get it to work right.

Get your 1 1/8" socket ready, it's a tight space up in there.

Also, I tried mightily, but I just could not get the air bag brackets done properly without removing the spare tire...save yourself the headache and go ahead and take the spare down and out of the way.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:26 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
I have them on my 13 DRW. Trailer has 2300+ pin weight and rode miserable. Back end was lower than the front. I have airlift 5000 ultimates, and they made a night and day difference in the way the truck rides with the trailer on. After installing the Airlifts, I think that Firestone has a nicer bracket to mount to the axle. I have an Airlift wirelessAir kit too, but haven't installed yet since I'm still unsure where I want the compressor.
here are pics of my wireless one kit install.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post13900314
I have since moved the viair compressor to its own bracket off the chassis to quiet the vibration in the cab.. made my own insulators with wood floor adhesive hardened in the bottom of some bathroom size paper cups.

I mounted the controller for the shocks and airbags to a plate attached to the from bed crossmember. Aluminum plate purchased at Lowes I think. The airlift compressor is secured to the next cross member back..
This compressor will be coming out when I connect the controller air line to the viair tank. Then I can use the airlift compressor to manage the air in my Trailair Triglide pinbox airbag remotely too

Old 12-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,614 Likes on 1,641 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
The 2535 kit does fit with the factory 5th wheel/GN bracket on there. At first I thought it wouldn't just by looking at it.

One key thing you need to know, which I had to figure out on my own.

The big bolt for the passenger side air bag bracket, the big bolt that secures the top bracket to the frame , is tricky. If you look, the bolt will bottom out on the ford Gn bracket before it can be tightened. The fix is to use a couple extra washers in addition to the lock washer which will allow you to torque down this big bolt without it poking thru the hole in the frame too far so that it doesn't bottom out on the ford Gn bracket.

It's tricky and took me a good while to hold my tongue and everything else just right to get it to work right.

Get your 1 1/8" socket ready, it's a tight space up in there.

Also, I tried mightily, but I just could not get the air bag brackets done properly without removing the spare tire...save yourself the headache and go ahead and take the spare down and out of the way.
Ok! Thanks, looks like everything I need to know. Now to find a round tuit! They can be hard to come by!!!!!!! Lolol

Old 12-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by sdetweil
here are pics of my wireless one kit install.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post13900314
I have since moved the viair compressor to its own bracket off the chassis to quiet the vibration in the cab.. made my own insulators with wood floor adhesive hardened in the bottom of some bathroom size paper cups.

I mounted the controller for the shocks and airbags to a plate attached to the from bed crossmember. Aluminum plate purchased at Lowes I think. The airlift compressor is secured to the next cross member back..
This compressor will be coming out when I connect the controller air line to the viair tank. Then I can use the airlift compressor to manage the air in my Trailair Triglide pinbox airbag remotely too

The only thing I worry about with that is salt/ water related issues. I had seen a while back where someone put the compressor and valve in an ammo can under the truck. I like that idea but have been dragging my feet. Would still need to add a remote intake filter and find somewhere to put that, probably run it up under the hood somewhere. Originally I wanted it under the back seat to keep it out of the elements, but decided I don't want to give the space up. I've got 14 straight days off around the holidays, maybe I'll get to fooling with it.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:51 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The only thing I worry about with that is salt/ water related issues. I had seen a while back where someone put the compressor and valve in an ammo can under the truck. I like that idea but have been dragging my feet. Would still need to add a remote intake filter and find somewhere to put that, probably run it up under the hood somewhere. Originally I wanted it under the back seat to keep it out of the elements, but decided I don't want to give the space up. I've got 14 straight days off around the holidays, maybe I'll get to fooling with it.
for the Airlift pump, I haven't seen any indication of water spray this high up, and it doesn't run very often.
for the Viair compressor, I have a remote intake with filter behind the back seat. Someone else did it here (Porthole, Golfmedik?) and I copied it.
Golfmedik - his viair install https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post13773795

Old 12-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Ok! Thanks, looks like everything I need to know. Now to find a round tuit! They can be hard to come by!!!!!!! Lolol
They Can !!
Sometimes Life gets in the way..........

Old 12-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

FWIW.........For me.......Just getting started is a big step toward the solution. I tend to think it to death........

........"Don't Think it to Death...Do It".........

Old 12-13-2014, 02:42 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Here you boys go! No more excuses now.

Glad I could help.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:15 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
My Pleasure.......

Monday she goes back to the dealer for a paint sealant........

I am holding off putting on the tonneau cover until the bed gets the spray liner. Scheduled after Christmas.......
The Moose guard will happen at the same time.........
Roy, you know your truck comes from the factory with a paint sealant ........

Old 12-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,614 Likes on 1,641 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Here you boys go! No more excuses now.

Glad I could help.
Always gotta be a party pooper in the bunch, huh! Lolol!

Old 12-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Slave driver.... ^

Old 12-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
I bought this whole pack. I would be happy to send you one.

Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW