General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Bill Cosby

Old 12-09-2014, 04:14 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
There's an awful lot of smoke here for there not to be some sort of fire. I do believe he has settled with more than one accuser...why settle if you're innocent??? Perhaps it's easier for Cosby to write checks than to defend himself in court.

As to the question of "Why now"...many victims repress bad memories. I have a niece who was abused by her father over 30 years ago...she's dealing with it now. For years the memories were repressed...a cheating husband helped bring them to the forefront. A good lawyer is helping her with the cheating husband...a good therapist will hopefully be able to help her with the repressed memory of her abusive father.

Cosby wouldn't be the first...nor...would he be the last...to use his celebrity status and perceived power to take advantage of someone.

Before, during and after.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:52 PM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kw5413
Perzactly. Which makes their accusations even more plausible.

Say what? I don't think you got what I said.

Multiple uncorroborated stories don't add any credence to any of them.

If woman A accuses him of raping her at time X, then woman B accuses him of raping her at time Y, the two events are only related by the alleged act, they don't add any legitimacy to each other or add to the evidence of the other event occurring. It's two individual, unrelated cases of he said/she said. Proclivity toward a certain act is not evidence of committing the act at a given time.

Innocent until proven guilty. And the court of public opinion is usually pretty short on hard evidence and facts.

Jason

Old 12-09-2014, 05:58 PM
jroehl
Post Fiend
...why settle if you're innocent??? Perhaps it's easier for Cosby to write checks than to defend himself in court.

Cosby wouldn't be the first...nor...would he be the last...to use his celebrity status and perceived power to take advantage of someone.
It's often much cheaper to settle than to go to court. Lawyers aren't cheap, and the loser pays both sides' lawyer fees many times.

Cosby also wouldn't be the first, nor the last celebrity, to be the object of fraudulent claims due to his wealth.

Jason

Old 12-09-2014, 06:45 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,040 Likes on 4,148 Posts
Absolutely true...I would however...think that "The Cos"...who preached and preaches a moral high ground...wouldn't be one of those who would cave in just to save a few bucks. Of course...paying off the claimants...certainly with confidentiality clauses...would perhaps keep the truth from coming out.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:58 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
you have to understand though he pays people for their advice in what to do in these situations.if he decides to do something else,then what was the point in hiring a professional to tell him what to do? we don't have a clue what it's like to be in his shoes and be accused of such a down and dirty like this.
you just have to ask yourself,which is more likely? a man like Bill Crosby committed acts like this or people with mental issues are making false accusations (again,possibly without some of them even knowing it.)

we don't know.we do know he's innocent right now though.

just as you would remain innocent right now if i accused you of raping me lol! who do you want believing me that you raped me right now without any evidence? i doubt you would want anyone believing that just cus i said so.the world is what we make of it.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:55 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
you have to understand though he pays people for their advice in what to do in these situations.if he decides to do something else,then what was the point in hiring a professional to tell him what to do? we don't have a clue what it's like to be in his shoes and be accused of such a down and dirty like this.
you just have to ask yourself,which is more likely? a man like Bill Crosby committed acts like this or people with mental issues are making false accusations (again,possibly without some of them even knowing it.)

just as you would remain innocent right now if i accused you of raping me lol! who do you want believing me that you raped me right now without any evidence? i doubt you would want anyone believing that just cus i said so.the world is what we make of it.

If you do nothing wrong you do not need these professionals to "tell you what to do".

But,we do know that he paid someone to pay off a number of these same women, decades ago, to keep them quiet.

20 women didn't just wake up one day and decide to ruin Bill Cosby's legacy.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:21 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
If you do nothing wrong you do not need these professionals to "tell you what to do".
i wish we lived in a world that worked this way.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:38 PM
BIGKEN

What makes you think that all...indeed...any...of the women have mental issues??? That's a pretty broad brush you're using.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:42 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
What makes you think that all...indeed...any...of the women have mental issues??? That's a pretty broad brush you're using.
What makes you think that all...indeed...any...of the women don't have mental issues??? That's a pretty broad brush you're using.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:47 PM
BIGKEN
I have no way of knowing their mental health...neither do you.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:50 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
I have no way of knowing their mental health...neither do you.
that's correct.
i don't know of course.
stop.pause.listen.innocent before guilty.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:04 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=kw5413;14889588]If you do nothing wrong you do not need these professionals to "tell you what to do".

Then how do innocent men end up in prison , or on death row ....

Old 12-09-2014, 10:09 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
[QUOTE=JWC 3;14889924]

Then how do innocent men end up in prison , or on death row ....

Because of regional prejudice, under zealous / low skill set attorneys any number of other reasons but, not because they didn't do what paid professionals told them.

Certainly not because they had the money to buy their way out of their indiscretions.

I doubt many innocent folks, with money, wound up on death row.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:37 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,081 Likes on 2,151 Posts
here is the way i think it all went down.

did he have sex with these women?
i think yes. but i also think it was consensual sex. not rape.
now that they are older and do not have any money, i think they are changing their story to rape looking for a "retirement fund" cash settlement.

a few of the women that claimed having a consensual affair with him for many years have now jumped on the rape bandwagon.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:25 AM
jroehl
Post Fiend
I agree with Tom, with one addendum:

These women are being sought out and encouraged to come forward by those who have a problem with what Cosby has said to a certain segment of society about their personal responsibility, and lack thereof.

Jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bill Cosby