General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

"BACON BREAD" and other recipes....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:25 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll have to look it up. Military gyms don't usually stock literature at the front desk. It's all about those gains!

Old 12-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another puzzle in the whole thing:

I learned in my researches that the body has a digestive cycle that can't be rushed or interrupted - and it takes four hours to go through from start to finish.

Most people eat three times a day, RIGHT? What if you are after protein to be absorbed and incorporated into muscles....

It spelled, eat meals of protein (at the amount calculated to be the most effective) Four hours apart. That meant six in the morning, and four hours later it was TEN.

That is not a traditional time to eat lunch (stay with me here and you will see a surprizing result).

If I look at a four hour schedule - logic tells me before work, and several times during it.

Six AM
Ten AM
TWO PM
SIX PM

~ That's four meals - more by one than ordinary
But bear in mind that the body is incorporating the food given it at the maximum and most logical rate that it can be fed to it

In this process, what you have is that you have EFFICIENTLY incorporated more protein (muscle building essentials) than an ordinary three meal per day person - who normally over eats thinking wrongly that they will benefit by it. It is a scientific and biologically sound method.

It goes further:
TEN pm
TWO AM (I used to set an alarm clock to wake me up. I went out to the kitchen and gulped a "PROTEIN SLAM" and went back to bed)

~ And then you get up at six again......

By doing that you can actually build muscle twice as fast as an ordinary man or woman who is in lockstep with traditional eating habits.
It accellerates muscle growth over the same period of time

I have talked about this before. I wasn't always as I am today - but then again I always said I was on my way back, and video games keep me up to all hours of the day and night. It's what I do when the parts cash runs out.

Not that I am smaller than other men as it is, just shorter

And in 45 minutes, another year older. Sheeeeeesh....

56, damn. But I can still pick up an engine block without help

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Old 12-11-2014, 11:13 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
That's good to know! Unfortunately my work schedule doesn't work for the 1000hr slam. It's usually 0800, 1200, 1900, light snack of nuts before bed, and then a clean protien after the gym cycle, wherever I can fit it in between 1500-1700 usually if I'm not still at work.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Ziplock bags are a beautiful thing - you can stick a flight of egg whites in a cargo pocket if you think ahead.

It used to **** people off at Miramar NAS that I would pull an eggwhite sandwich on a french roll out of no where in the RTBS shop, and then launch a disgusting fart without even an "EXCUSE ME..."

Pack a lunch and you are good to go!

(4 - 5 egg whites, fried. Generous sprinkle of LITE SALT (potassium source) and garlic, and a large amount of your fave hotsauce - laid on a half of a french bread loaf from the local grocery store) You can add other stuff if you wanna - like sharp cheddar), but that's it

~ and twice a day I took a mulivitamin and mineral supp to make sure I wasn't missing a damned thing

If you start looking at it - and you see the science in it, you can gradually adapt to it.

If that is the path you really wanna follow.

If not, you can tailor it to fit however you want to be.

WHat I have set down and given to you is the MAX.

And not everybody wants to, or needs to go there

But if you ever need it, there it is. That's all I am saying brother.

As a vet to another vet - I wanted to give you my best ideas and first hand knowlege.

PS: A precursor to lactic acid in muscle tissue may well be "LACTOSE" in milk. It may contribute to muscle soreness. I cannot confirm that except through my own experiences
What use there may be in muscles being sore I don't know. The classic model is that we are sending a message to the body that it needs to become stronger (greater muscle fiber development)

Be very conservative in both your diet and recovery cycle

Old 12-11-2014, 11:46 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
I wasn't blowing you off, or ignoring what you have been telling me. I'm saving all this for further reading brother! I just got done with CQ, so I'm dead tired, I can barely understand English right now. But what you have going here is similar to what I'm doing already, except for a few of your dietary changes I think you have mentioned. I'll have to work up a new plan tonight when I wake up! And read this more in-depth.

Thanks again, and keep it coming, it's much appreciated!
-John

Old 12-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
If you ever need help when you are deployed far away

I am sworn to support and defend

I never believed that when It was over I was no longer obligated

Look for the VETERANS NETWORK here

AT1 JAKE - fully retired

When you join the military - you change the class of people you are a member of

Old 12-12-2014, 12:02 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
I'm already on there, although I don't post there often, I never get notifications from the threads for some reason!

And don't you know it. Luckily this one isn't too bad. Next time, who knows. Military does change some people, some people don't adapt and still act the way they did outside it.

I'll be the same way I'm sure. I'll share my knowledge, and pass along the traditions when I leave.

Anyway, I'm done with hygiene, and it's rack time. Catch ya on the flipside! (like 10 hrs from now)

Old 12-12-2014, 07:46 AM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Dutch-

I became lactose intolerant a couple years ago. I avoid it now, as even a small amount will make part of my morning routine exceptionally, um, "quick". I can still get sore muscles without any trouble. The body produces lactic acid, but not from lactose--it is constantly produced by muscles, even at rest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid
Jason

Old 12-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Hmm...

I tried (while I was on cruise on CVN-70 one year) avoiding milk for a while, and it did seem like I was a lot less sore. My thinking ran to NOT providing the building blocks of lactic acid, and so there should be less of it.

As a check - after a few weeks I went back to slamming down milk pretty heavy.
My thoughts on that were that like the egg white - cows milk was given to calves at a point in their lives when maximum growth of all parts of the animal were in an accellerated state of growth - so there had to be some damned good nutrients in that stuff. How else can a newborn calf on spindly legs become strong quickly? I figured that was what milk was for.

Buddy - I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SORE IN MY WHOLE DANG LIFE...

And I didn't keep track of my gains at the time, so there is a missing page in all of that.

What I do know for sure is that natural sources are better than modern chemistry with the possible exception of Pure Crystalline Amino Acids from ANABOL NATURALS.

ANABOL NATURALS is the company name - you can find them and order them online even at sea or deployed far away. They are the only true, pure amino's that I trust, and they do work. You won't get a strength rush out of them, but if you use them during a workout session just as your stamina and strength begin to dip (I open the caps and let the contents dissolve in my mouth) they go right into your blood stream. The effect is that in about five minutes you feel like you only just started working out, like you felt when you walked in the door. They restore you - where all the other junk out there has to go through a digestive cycle, these don't.

It isn't four hours later, but within five minutes, because they absorb through the tissues of the mouth and gums and hit you right away - as in "BECOME AVAILABLE".

It isn't some form of speed or methamphetamine. It is the amino acids you used up in your workout being replaced rapidly. And again you don't get a "SPEED" effect out of it, you just feel brand new again. ~It's kind of subtle.

If you don't know what to expect you might miss what it does altogether. But I guarantee that they work, and fast.

BODY BUILDING IS:
10% muscle stimulation in the gym - sending the signal that more is needed
40% dietary - feeding your body the building blocks (materials) that it must have to create and repair tissues
50% recovery cycle (approximately 3 days) in which you give the body time to repair what you did to it and GROW LARGER in response

These are the basis of what is called "HYPERTROPHY" as opposed to atrophy

Exercise sends a stimulus that the body responds to, but you need to feed it and rest it well.

A truly effective muscle builder divides the muscle groups of the body into about 3 kinds.
Arms and Shoulders
Chest and back
LEGS

You work them on separate days one day after the next until the weekend.
On monday you start with the next group...

That spaces apart the muscle rest and recovery times in such a way that you maximize stimulation and recovery

But you can also look forward to something to do in the gym each day, something different

ALSO: If you are on cruise, you should look into online sources of things. I recommend you get a small supply of "LITE SALT" because it is a ready source of potassium.
Ships galleys do not have it last I was aboard, and have no idea what it might be.

A teaspoon full contains all the potassium you need for a whole day - and it is also good for high blood pressure.
The potassium is present as Potassium Chloride, and is used to substitute for SODIUM Chloride
(SODIUM ring any bells with you?)

Both of the above are water soluable, so they wash out of the body fairly fast. I identified lite salt as a must have way back in the nineties

It's cheap. A bottle that costs a dollar and a half will last for months

Old 12-30-2014, 12:59 PM
slimbo13
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres the 1 made even added some dried jalopenos it was great Bacon and Cheddar Beer Bread Recipe | Yummly

Old 12-30-2014, 01:09 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Originally Posted by slimbo13
heres the 1 made even added some dried jalopenos it was great Bacon and Cheddar Beer Bread Recipe | Yummly
Just shared this with the guys back home. That would make some wonderful munchie food for the new years festivites!

Old 12-30-2014, 01:22 PM
slimbo13
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice wish all a Happy New Year for me