Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Stinky's not giving it up.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Stinky's not giving it up.

Scotttahoe and I checked the tread wear on my new tires in Reno last month, and everything looked good. I drove from Reno to Bend, OR (435 miles) with front-end rattle-rattle shake-shake in the nose and I checked the front tires - my new tires are cupped. This is after 4 mechanics and myself went through the nose in an effort to get everything in order.

Cylinder #2 is running cooler than all the other cylinders, but it comes and goes.

The transmission growls when in gear and stopped - and there is an intermittent engine shake.

#8 has more cackle than it used to, and I already squared away the air in fuel.

I'm now being "weird" in some of my contributions to the forum because of a very dark mood regarding Stinky, and my workload at my job has reached the "too much" zone on the expectometer. I need to fall back a bit, take the broken chards of my Chi, some JB weld, and spend some time reconstructing what could once again be some semblance of resolve.

I will respond to PMs, and I will assist with the Torque and AE stuff - but I need to take a short hiatus from diving in on new threads before alienating all my friends (and future friends) here.

Rich

Old 12-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 579 Likes on 374 Posts
Push it over a cliff.....just sayin'

Old 12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could buy my truck and swap on your 4wd parts. Then shop for a bigger camper

Old 12-05-2014, 12:31 PM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugly
Scotttahoe and I checked the tread wear on my new tires in Reno last month, and everything looked good. I drove from Reno to Bend, OR (435 miles) with front-end rattle-rattle shake-shake in the nose and I checked the front tires - my new tires are cupped. This is after 4 mechanics and myself went through the nose in an effort to get everything in order.

Cylinder #2 is running cooler than all the other cylinders, but it comes and goes.

The transmission growls when in gear and stopped - and there is an intermittent engine shake.

#8 has more cackle than it used to, and I already squared away the air in fuel.

I'm now being "weird" in some of my contributions to the forum because of a very dark mood regarding Stinky, and my workload at my job has reached the "too much" zone on the expectometer. I need to fall back a bit, take the broken chards of my Chi, some JB weld, and spend some time reconstructing what could once again be some semblance of resolve.

I will respond to PMs, and I will assist with the Torque and AE stuff - but I need to take a short hiatus from diving in on new threads before alienating all my friends (and future friends) here.

Rich
Understood Rich, I have been doing the same thing, just cant keep up, praying for a warm winter. How are your front shocks, they could cause cupping?

Old 12-05-2014, 12:57 PM
retiredsparky
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rich, you have the support of many here. The help you have provided over the years to so many earns you that support. That said, the ultimate fixer of problems for these older trucks is us, the owners. We have to make the decision how to fix and how much to spend. I wish you luck.
Larry

Old 12-05-2014, 01:43 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by retiredsparky
Rich, you have the support of many here. The help you have provided over the years to so many earns you that support. That said, the ultimate fixer of problems for these older trucks is us, the owners. We have to make the decision how to fix and how much to spend. I wish you luck.
Larry
I agree Rich you have our support in whatever you do. I think that is a good idea as far as walking away for awhile and park Stinky. Then go at it at a later date with a fresh state of mind. Besides I think you need to show Stinky that if he wants to mess with you, you'll just park him. Bad truck go sit in the corner like a bad truck!! I myself when something gets the better of me I just walk away and take a break. Get my attitude adjusted, drink a few beers and then go at it fresh and in most cases everything works out.
So slowly just step back, relax and don't forget to breathe. Free your mind and think about sailing !!
Boating always puts me in a happy place. The plate frame on my truck says "Life begins where land ends."

Old 12-05-2014, 01:55 PM
varminthunter243
Senior User
I can understand bud. I have sent a lot of tools on short flights at high velocity in my life. that all stopped when I learned to take a breather and collect my thoughts. with all the help you've given the people on this forum (especially me lately!!) you've more than earned a break man.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
My dually use to eat tires till I went to Michelin. Then I ate one front set down the road. Changed shocks and front tires all's been well for 30K so far. Do have an EGT on each cylinder or you going by your scan tools?

Old 12-05-2014, 03:09 PM
montanasteve
Senior User
Agreeing with everyone here. I took a break from both FTE and from working on my truck this summer. Now, I'm once again chasing the cold start smoke issue. The break helped, and coming in fresh definitely helps clear the mind. Best of luck, Rich. Take a breather, and we'll see you back soon.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:00 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
My dually use to eat tires till I went to Michelin. Then I ate one front set down the road. Changed shocks and front tires all's been well for 30K so far. Do have an EGT on each cylinder or you going by your scan tools?
I believe he is going by infrared thermometer.

I know where you are coming from with this Rich. Just got mine back up and running, now I am noticing all the other stuff wrong with it that needs work. The list is loooong.

Park it for awhile, get your head together, come up with a plan and go forward with it.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:19 PM
tpull3
Junior User
Rich, while I don't contribute a lot here I do read your input on a daily basis. I could only guess what your posts have saved me in time and money, for that a huge thank you. As already mentioned, walk away for awhile. I'am sure it won't be completely off your mind but Stinky will be there when your mind and body are better ready to deal with him.
Thanks again.

Tom-2003 F350 4x4 SWD

Old 12-05-2014, 04:41 PM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Mi dos centavos... 06 07 F350 crew cab dually.. that remark should rile the natives lol..

Old 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Gaugepro
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bring it to Bend and leave it with me for a few weeks...

I'll blow it up, or fix it...

Old 12-05-2014, 06:43 PM
varminthunter243
Senior User
Originally Posted by Gaugepro

That sir, is CLASSIC!!!!!! BIG GRIN HAHAHA

Old 12-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by David7.3
...How are your front shocks, they could cause cupping?
I dunno, they're the premium Gabriels on their second winter.

Originally Posted by Bonanza35
...Changed shocks and front tires all's been well for 30K so far. Do have an EGT on each cylinder or you going by your scan tools?
Like HKusp mentioned, I have a laser thermometer. The duel EGTs put me on that trail.

Originally Posted by Gaugepro

Either works for me, and I'm not laughing. Since you're 7 hours away, I'd have to fly home. I wouldn't ask my wife to follow me with the Prius that far in the winter. I'll mull on that a bit. Of course... driving that far would shred the front tires even more than they are already. I wonder if I can rent tires here in town.

I really appreciate all the well-wishing guys, it's helpful. Christmas is coming and family is going to get some Buck$Zooka blasts - Stinky's grounded.

Quick Reply: Stinky's not giving it up.