General Automotive Discussion

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Rocks-To-Riches Contest!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:01 PM
66 bronco roadster
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well there is not much trail riding in Cleveland Ohio. However last year just after a winter blast my son and I decided to go trail riding though the snow covered streets. My original 1966 Bronco roadster is a survivor and has an amazing history not to mention a fascinating prior 2nd owner (2nd photo). While I could share a lot about this '66 Bronco I'll try to keep it short. The Bronco spent its whole life (except when I bought it in 2010) on two Texas ranches but the story really starts when original owner sold it in '68 to one of his young ranch hands, Wyman. At the age of 17, Wyman used this Bronco as his trusted steed to hunt on a 150 thousand-acre ranch in west Texas. Wyman who is an Official State of Texas photographer drove his truck through thick and thin literally all the way to and through college all while making extra money hunting coyotes and bobcats. After his college graduation he sold it in '74 never to see it again.... or so he thought. Anyways, another Texas rancher *** then bought the Bronco in ’74. *** used it daily on his ranch until I bought it in 2010. Now fast forward to 2013 and on a lazy Saturday when I was just looking up pics on the Internet for Bronco roadsters. I stumbled across the picture of Wyman. I mentioned to you I found the pic not in a Bronco website but Wyman's blog on winters in West Texas. As soon as I saw the picture... I had to try to contact him! Could it be I own this guy's Bronco.... what are the odds??? Needless to say after many emails back and forth along with VIN verification we proved I indeed have Wyman's "beloved Bronco”. Now there are many awesome trails I could think or dream of taking but I don't think any would compare to reuniting a “boy” to his once trusted Bronco or shall I say a cowboy to his trusted steed! How cool of a trip would it be to the 150 thousand acre ranch where it all happened so many years ago? A trip guided by a man who knows it best while riding in his "beloved little Bronco"!
Check out this link about Wyman “King Ranch photo shoot that Ford put out about him.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:34 PM
redford
Received 1,564 Likes on 912 Posts
This is Big Red. He's a 2007 F-250 XLT 4x4. I purchased Big Red December 2006. Red has always worn BF Goodrich tires. His BFG TA-KOs are close to needing replacing.

My dream trip is for the wife and I to drive the ALCAN highway. We'd love to take out time, enjoy the trip, do some fishing, exporing and off-roading along the way. Once we get to Alaska, more camping and fishing would be in order.

Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2014, 09:28 AM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

This is Teddy! I have owned him since 1970 (my first truck) Currently running BFG 255 85R 16. I like the tall skinny's
A dream trip for me & Teddy would be to the grand stair case area of So. Utah.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:23 PM
Summit799
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dream trip would be, starting in denver doing pikes peak then up to Alaska for the Alaskan Highway.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:36 PM
TheStuffz
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would love to take my 2012 f150 to Alaska to explore the wilderness up there!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 06:56 PM
chewedtoothpick
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dream offroad trip, would be to cruise the Australian outback during their Winter. What a chance that would be to truly disconnect from everything. Realistically though, I would LOVE to take my truck on a backroads trip like the one that Top Gear America did from Sedona to the Grand Canyon.

I will update with a few more (and recent) pictures later, this is all I have readily accessible and naturally I waited to the last minute to post (just as I have waited until the last minute to replace my current TA/KOs.)

Old 12-18-2014, 07:41 PM
bull53
New User
wheelin the point

My dream off road trip would be to ride the Sandy trails out to the Great Point Nantucket Island to do some striper surf casting. I'd have my boys in back and rods on roof. I used to fish the island years ago with my dad and BFG ATs were our tire of choice. They got us out of some sticky situations in the soft sand! A cooler full of stripers at the end of the day would just be a bonus!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:52 PM
bull53
New User
My dream off road trip would be to ride the Sandy trails out to the Great Point Nantucket Island to do some striper surf casting. I'd have my boys in back and rods on roof. I used to fish the island years ago with my dad and BFG ATs were our tire of choice. They got us out of some sticky situations in the soft sand! A cooler full of stripers at the end of the day would just be a bonus!!!

Last edited by bull53; 12-19-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: adding text
Old 12-18-2014, 09:57 PM
ford_drive_one
New User
Offroad Dream

Originally Posted by IB Jose

BFGoodrich launched their all new All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tire and sent 11 trucks on a journey through the desert to compare and evaluate the tire on the trails.

This event, dubbed RocksToRiches, began in Barstow, CA and we traveled 150+ miles off-road through the Mojave National Preserve to end up at the New York, New York Hotel in Las Vegas. Our team was guided by Maka and Miro from Miromak.com in one of their ‘JEEPMAK’ Jeep JKs. Take a look at our dream off-road trip, as BFGoodrich now wants to give another user on the site a chance to win four (4) new BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tires by describing their own trip. See contest details at the end of this post.

Here are some great photos that were captured of the trip including shots of Ford-Truck users A/Ox4 and davewave649.

Contest Requirements

To be eligible to win a set of BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires for your rig please post a picture in this thread of your truck and tell us your dream off-road trip. Is there a specific trail you have always wanted to take? Part of the world you would love to explore? Let us know to win! One runner up will also recieve a BFGoodrich Rocks to Riches T-shirt and prize pack!

**The contest is open for entries from December 4th until 5:00PM Pacific on December 18th. Full contest rules here : BFGoodrich KO2 Rocks To Riches Contest Rules**
My dream would be to go to Alaska for a month or so, campout and offtoad! I have a '99 Ford F250 V10 crewcab, currently have BFG tires on her but are needing new ones very soon!

Old 12-22-2014, 02:30 PM
IB Member Support
Internet Brands
Hi All,

Thank you for all your submissions, we loved hearing about your dream off-roading adventures and seeing your Fords in action. After careful consideration we have chosen our winners!

1st place: Takotruckin
Runner-up: 66 bronco roadster

I will be sending out a PM to our winners asking for additional info today, please note that we will be choosing a new winner if we do not hear back by Dec. 31st, 2014.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:53 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FTE Membership
Hi All,

Thank you for all your submissions, we loved hearing about your dream off-roading adventures and seeing your Fords in action. After careful consideration we have chosen our winners!

I will be sending out a PM to our winners asking for additional info today, please note that we will be choosing a new winner if we do not hear back by Dec. 31st, 2014.
I demand a recount!

As much as I wish it had been me, Congrats to the winners!

Old 12-22-2014, 07:42 PM
takotruckin
Senior User

Merry Christmas to me!!!

Many thanks FTE and BFG!!

Old 12-22-2014, 09:25 PM
66 bronco roadster
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats to the winner takotruckin!!! Enjoy those sweet BFG's!!!

Also thanks to FTE and BFG for the awesome giveaway!!!

Old 12-23-2014, 10:41 AM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Congratulations to Takotruckin! Hope you get the chance to drive your drive trip on those new BFG's.

You got to love that Bronco roadster!

Thanks FTE/BFGoodrich!

Merry christmas!

Old 12-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Tony_TAT2
Posting Guru

CONGRATS !!!

Quick Reply: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Rocks-To-Riches Contest!