1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Load test #3 on an F2 - with photo(s)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:40 PM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 618 Likes on 328 Posts
Talking Load test #3 on an F2 - with photo(s)

Since my truck was finished this year I've conducted three bed load tests so far. You might have seen my previous posts.

The first test was a bunch of (non-petite I'll kindly say) in-laws posing for a picture at a 4th of July reunion. The tailgate was crying for mercy. The second test was a pallet holding 2,000 pounds of wood pellets.
Here is the third test....and my favorite.
Back in October I was asked by a co-worker if my truck could get used as a prop for her wedding. She is a real sweetheart and gave me plenty of notice. No problem I said!
When it came time to take pictures outside, the photographer asked if folks can climb in the back for a group photo. In a matter of seconds, the entire wedding party piled into the bed.
Sorry you can't see the distance between the tire and the wheel well to check the ride clearance, but it would have been rude to ask the bride to move out of center while the picture was taken. I just got the photo today.
Any guesses to the total weight? Keep it polite in case anyone from the party sees this.
<<< EDIT - there is another photo to show the wheel well clearance in post #13 >>>

Tom

Attached Images  

Last edited by pineconeford; 12-04-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added a note to show location of second photo
Old 12-03-2014, 06:10 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
You need to trade up to an F-4

Old 12-03-2014, 06:20 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Or an F-6.......I've got one I'll trade straight across "

Old 12-03-2014, 06:27 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
If the old red truck could talk, I would feel it would say something like "Bring em all on" Not overloaded, for sure. About the same as that load of pellets.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:51 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
my guess is 2523 lbs but it appears that two or three people in the back maybe are not in the truck? are they standing on something behind the truck?

Great pictures and your an awesome friend. can I borrow your truck for a couple weeks. for some pictures, ya...

Old 12-03-2014, 07:00 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Yup, the old gal handled the live load easily. Good to see that you weren't scared by the earlier experience. These trucks were and are tougher than we sometimes might want to believe - including the the capacity for 2100 pounds yours took on.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:42 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
About 35 years ago I worked in Maine for 2 years. Recently a work buddy from there sent me a link to something on youtube called 'maine rap' by a guy named eben. I don't know how to do a link, but really fun. We have some bigger gals here in Washington too. I always enjoy your posts. I hope the various regions of the USA are never homogenized. Regional accents and lifestyles have always been fascinating to me and important to me. My wife has lived her whole life in this state and done almost no traveling. I hope someday to have a motorhome and take her to many of the places I have lived and worked. Who knows, it might be this one we built this fall, the way our retirement savings is going.

Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 761 Likes on 372 Posts
Nice picture. Is the groom wearing Converse All-Stars?
I would say about 2100 lbs.
Your truck made that picture. Well if you don't count the beautiful bride. (Gotta cover my bases there. )

Old 12-03-2014, 09:14 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
That's what they look like to me. They ARE black shoes after all......

Old 12-04-2014, 12:08 AM
pineconeford

Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Then I could put a whole winter season's of wood pellets in the truck and make one trip- I like it.

Originally Posted by jmadsen
my guess is 2523 lbs but it appears that two or three people in the back maybe are not in the truck? are they standing on something behind the truck?
Everyone was in the truck bed, some of them were standing on my diamond-plate toolbox and/or the spare tire.

Originally Posted by GB SISSON
About 35 years ago I worked in Maine for 2 years. Recently a work buddy from there sent me a link to something on youtube called 'maine rap' by a guy named eben. I don't know how to do a link, but really fun..... I hope someday to have a motorhome and take her to many of the places I have lived and worked. Who knows, it might be this one we built this fall, the way our retirement savings is going.
I know of that Maine song, it is funnier than hell and spot on to the way some people here talk and describe things.
You are welcome to make a stop here on your travels. To see that camper rig of yours in person would be great. I know of a few good lobster shacks and the Owl's Head Transportation Museum is a good stop on the coast for gearheads.

Originally Posted by Harrier
Nice picture. Is the groom wearing Converse All-Stars?
I would say about 2100 lbs.
Your truck made that picture. Well if you don't count the beautiful bride. (Gotta cover my bases there. )
Yes - good eye, the groom and EVERYONE in the wedding party including the bride were wearing brand-new All-Stars. It was a fun thing they did that looked odd at first but kept things from being too formal. The wedding reception was in a restored farmhouse and barn. Real nice setting that made everyone relaxed.
I'd guess 2,250 pounds or so. Part of me wanted to measure the clearance the tire had but the people weren't evenly spaced and quickly jumped out after a few pictures were taken. Even the oldest guy there hopped in and out like a kid - must have been the shoes.

Tom

Old 12-04-2014, 12:17 AM
pineconeford

Originally Posted by FortyNiner
... Good to see that you weren't scared by the earlier experience. ......
I learned from you guys after the 4th of July episode. This time I kept the tailgate up & latched the whole time!
That was good advice.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:25 AM
1956f3504x4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool picture! Didn't even bother the truck one bit, they built them tough!

Old 12-04-2014, 09:10 AM
pineconeford

Got another photo from the bride today.
This one shows the wheel well clearance.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
wedding photo 4.pdf (118.8 KB, 58 views)
Old 12-04-2014, 09:50 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
Originally Posted by pineconeford
Got another photo from the bride today.
This one shows the wheel well clearance.
That is a great angle for the picture of the truck and the sky and old farm house.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
Here is my load test from 1977, the same year I bought my truck.

Quick Reply: Load test #3 on an F2 - with photo(s)