Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Welcome to DECEMBER, 2014. Dang if it ain't stranger than last year...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to DECEMBER, 2014. Dang if it ain't stranger than last year...

Here in Memphis, we thought the ice storm last year was a bad thing.

Last month, in the middle of November - by God it snowed!
TWICE!

Now, from what I have been told, the last time we had a white Christmas in Memphis town Elvis was still alive, 1966 it was.

Sure looks like a bad time to run out of dried beans and firewood....

HOW Y'ALL DOIN'?

Old 12-03-2014, 11:45 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a crazy work week this has been! I hope everyone is having an enjoyable week. Here's to a fabulous December....

Old 12-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I may have made a dumb mistake - as some of you know I have joined the ranks of those who are beating smoking by using what is called a"Personal Vaporizer" instead, sort of a bigger and better 'E-Cigarette'.

I'm also cutting back the brew drinking too though - and for this month I decided to try a new flavor of nicotene fluid for my 'VAPE'.....

(get ready for this one)

"WHISKEY SOUR" Top shelf bourbon flavor, and Orange....

Umm, I suppose it's less painful than shooting yourself in the foot with a real gun.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:08 PM
nflfreak43
Postmaster
What's up everyone.. Long time no see.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:09 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Another milestone for my house - I replaced a kitchen sink disposal unit that has been bad for at least ten years.

*I don't chuck stuff down the drain because I don't want my septic tank to fill up, but it's nice to know that I have a good one now.

ONE by ONE I am replacing appliances with better ones in this place, and catching up to the exterior. If I had known what this dump was going to cost to maintain I might have passed on it though...

Old 12-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Tonight I became 56 years old

I don't feel any different.

It's just another marker on my trail - like they 283 mile left to Jacksonville
That's all fine so long I don't run outta gas

Old 12-12-2014, 11:31 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Happy Birthday, Wolf. I'm only 6 years behind you. You're only as old as you feel....so I guess after a hard day of yard work, I turn 174 the next morning.

Hey NFLfreal43! It has been awhile. Hope everything is going well up your way.

This has been another incredibly busy week. Budget time....let's just say if I ever see another spread sheet again, it will be too soon.

Going to have the grandbaby and her 2 older sisters over to the house tonight....they're going to help decorate the Christmas tree and have hot chocolate and cookies. They'll spend the night, and if I can swing it, we'll have pancakes and bacon for breakfast.

Let's see....3 month-old, 2 year-old and a 5 year-old spending all night. I might be 174 TOMORROW morning......

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 12-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Happy Birthday there GreyWolf.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:48 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Funny - I feel neither older nor more knowlegeable

~But don't quote me on that!

One day I plan to be eighty years old and just as stupid, God help me if anyone suspects.

Ssshhh - shh!

Leave me alone, I'm doing good just like I am.

My dogs still think I am the smartest one they know...

Old 12-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Anyone around South Tipton county, or north Shelby needs some firewood - I'm fixin' to have a whole lot more than I know what to do with.

I'll be burning off the small stuff once the rain lets up, but I have a whole 'nuther maple tree to cut down and I'm working my way down the east side of my property line at a fair pace.

Pictures maybe tomorrow if there's a break in the rainfall.

~Tree in the first pic is rotted all the way through, you can see the hollow part where half the main trunk busted off last winter.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:35 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
For Christmas I hacked out another twenty feet or so of tree and bushes, and got the burn zone ready. I'll be out there again today in a little while

Rain expected saturday night and sunday, I want to show serious progress before I get "kenneled" by the weather.
*See pic two and three above

I think I only have one more cypress to go. The burn-off is going to be the big deal today.

UPDATE: another twenty feet or so, and the old wood pulled out of the hole.

Too windy to burn safely though, warming weather does that.

I also eyeballed some house paint sprayers, the one I want is going to be $150.oo, but it's the only way I'm going to get the house and shop painted without a hell of a time doing it.

* I wonder if everyone would think I was crazy if I gave the house a camouflage paint scheme?

Old 12-26-2014, 11:22 PM
TonyP F250
New User
Hello down there in Memphis. Never ran across someone from Tn. here before. I live up in Buchanan at Paris Landing just about a mile from the Tn river bridge. Got a 1996 F-250 just fixing little things along. Love the Big Red truck. New trans, clutch, tires, slave clyn, steel wheels, built steel steps for each side to step up into it. LOL. Done away with the most of the new electrical crap on the engine. 18 mpg. Now. Fixing to go to a one tank system. More less just going to give the back tank to someone and it has a neck over system in the bed. Someone will be getting. Have 265 85 16 on right now but will be putting back the 235's before long. Sounds like cold weather will be here soon around the 1St. of the year. I hope it snows so tall you have to shot it out the window in a shot gun. Let it snow. Hope you well. Buying land and fixing to build a house so may not be on here much for a while. Take care of you self. I seen that Navel Ship. Well guess I won't hold that against you. LOL. Semper Fi 292 Fox

Old 12-27-2014, 06:15 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
HEY! Tony, good to hear from ya. Simplest system I ever ran for an ignition on any ford V8 was the duraspark 2, no points to set, you have a distributor, plug wires, and a little bitty box on the fender liner.

Only thing ever goes bad is the ignition module on the fender, and they cost less than $20
~You can tell when they go too - stuff melts out of the bottom of them and runs down the fender liner.

You might wanna hang on to that tank, but I might want it if I can get up and running here soon. I know a whole bunch of RV owners and people who tow other trailers here just might want it also, look for a swap and trade thread in the chapter(s) and put some word out on it.

HOO RAH, and NEVER QUIT!!!

PS: Once it warms back up again, we gonna have to launch a fishing task force on that river up there now...

Old 12-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Update: Couldn't ask for a better day out there, no wind to speak of, ground saturated by an overnight drizzle, but mostly no rain during the effort.

About 9AM, finishing the major burnoff

1:30 PM, the rain I was expecting all day is starting to get serious

~But now I am in range of the primary objective, which is to clear the whole side of the garage so the worst menace can be dropped.

Once I get done with this de-junglization evolution, I can get back to serious car and truck projects! This much extra room should give me a place to park a lot more stuff, once I get a few twelve tonners of filldirt dumped in that area.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:27 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello to everyone in beautiful Tennessee!
Enjoy your Sunday.

Quick Reply: Welcome to DECEMBER, 2014. Dang if it ain't stranger than last year...