6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

2004 F-250 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonsean
Just wanted to put it out there. Thank you so much for offering to do this for me Shane. I ended up deciding to rent a vehicle to get us home to our secondary vehicle. I left my baby at a diesel mechanic who is highly recommended by many people in the town we were in and ordered the same kits. I had them sent directly to his shop. He diagnosed my issue the same. HPOS leaking from 7 injectors. I had to get back to my construction company and get my daughter back in school. I wish there were more people like you in the world.

You are very welcome! Folks here have saved my bacon many times. I just wish I had the troubleshooting experience to contribute more...

My kit came with the nipple cup o-rings. It is my understanding that the upper injector o-ring gets worn due to HPO leaking past the nipple cup. I would change them if it were me. You do need the tool to remove them. PM RobinThahood aka Mark, he makes and sells them.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

I am not sure your mechanic will have the tool since Ford recommends changing the entire rail.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Sean, I just reread your question. I think if the "cups" are visually ok, reuse them. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 PM
bostonsean
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face "The nipple cup tool"

Originally Posted by Shaneb75
I am not sure your mechanic will have the tool since Ford recommends changing the entire rail.
Funny thing is one of the reasons I decided to leave my truck with this diesel mechanic was. When I asked him about the changing the nipple cup o-rings and having the "special tool", he smiled, went over to one of his many snap-on tool boxes, pulled open the third drawer down and pulled it out.

That made me feel good.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:13 PM
BryanStein
Fleet Mechanic
Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts
The ss ball tubes (nipple cups)are reusable if they pass visual inspection. You will need to replace the orings between the tubes and the oil rail. Those oring should come on the kit.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:25 PM
bostonsean
Freshman User
Arrow In progress...

Injector o-rings are in the mail to Arkansas. After that I'm sure I'll have to deal with the battery light/charging issue. I had planned on changing the main wiring harness anyway as, it's not, if it will go bad/melt/burn up/crack, it's when it will. Also like said before most likely going to put a new alternator on her also. Once I have her home I will check/clean/replace all grounds and physical connections (necessary).

I hope after all of this I will get at least 50,000 miles out of my sweet blue bitch.

So on another note... To chip or not to chip? I've heard and read after an EGR delete you pretty much have to? True or not true? I drove 574 miles on 24 gallons of fuel. That's pretty much 24 MPG. Can I really do any better with it chipped...

I can hear ya'll now... GET IT FIXED FIRST! I know, I know, but I love that hateful beast. I want what's best for her AND I.

Oh yeah... My letter to Crain Ford in Little Rock is in progress

Thanks.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:30 PM
bostonsean
Freshman User
Arrow Perfect

Originally Posted by BryanStein
The ss ball tubes (nipple cups)are reusable if they pass visual inspection. You will need to replace the orings between the tubes and the oil rail. Those oring should come on the kit.

Awesome. That's what I was hoping. I asked the mechanic to be honest about a visual inspection of EACH nipple cup. If they are visually worn from the HPOS leak I will replace them. This, however will cause

Old 12-02-2014, 10:32 PM
BryanStein
Fleet Mechanic
Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts
From those that should know (I am not chipped), a program will not improve mileage enough to justify the cost. Certainly not better than 24 mpg.

Most chose to keep it stock if they don't have head studs. However there are tunes that are supposed to be oem head bolt safe. SCT seems to be the tunes that most choose to run.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:01 AM
woodlander
Senior User
I would not expect better mpg with tunes. Especially hot tunes like the Gearheads SRL+. Guys have too much testosterone to not want to floor it every chance we get. I got mine with the excuse I needed to shut off check engine light and for towing.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:04 AM
JeremyXDP
SPONSOR
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Think I need the nipple cups or not? I'm kinda waiting for someone with knowledge on this to respond before I click the "purchase" button...

I was informed by Brian at Bostech the ISK102 does not come with the nipple cup o ring.

Hope that helps.

Call us @ 1-888-DIESEL4
Old 12-03-2014, 05:57 PM
bostonsean
Freshman User
Question Nipple cup o-rings...

Originally Posted by JeremyXDP
I was informed by Brian at Bostech the ISK102 does not come with the nipple cup o ring.

Hope that helps.
Does anyone know if I can order JUST the nipple cup o-rings anywhere?

Old 12-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Does anyone know if I can order JUST the nipple cup o-rings anywhere?
I believe this is what you are looking for.

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/high-p...rail-seal-kit/

Old 12-03-2014, 08:11 PM
bostonsean
Freshman User
Red face Awesome.

Originally Posted by JeremyXDP

Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by Shaneb75
I believe this is what you are looking for.

High-Pressure Oil Rail Seal Kit - Riffraff Diesel Performance

Ordered and sent to the shop. Thanks brothers.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:56 PM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hats off to you for sticking with this. If the mechanic is worth his salt you should have a good engine that should last you with the proper maintenance.

2006 F350 4X4

Old 12-05-2014, 11:28 PM
bostonsean
Freshman User
Exclamation Parts...

Originally Posted by KDAVID1
Hats off to you for sticking with this. If the mechanic is worth his salt you should have a good engine that should last you with the proper maintenance.

2006 F350 4X4
Injector and nippl3 o-rings will both be at his shop by this upcoming Wednesday

Quick Reply: 2004 F-250 6.0