Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
New User

jeremiah77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Speaker Install..Rear Trim Removal

Hey guys, I'm trying to upgrade my speakers. I got the ones in the front and rear doors installed. If anyone has any advice on getting to the very rear I would appreciate it. I hoping there is a way I can access the speakers without having to completely remove all of the rear panels. Thanks in advance.
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Postmaster

hasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to all
Nope sorry. Start at the rear and work your way forward. Be very careful and if it's cold use a hair dryer or some of the plastic clips will probably crack. If you try and remove the front without taking the rear plastics off you will almost certainly distort the panel or crack it. Distorting it will discolor it and it may not fit right. You can remove the trim around the second row doors and pop the fasteners loose and pry the panel forward enough to access the speakers but I'm pretty sure you will break things doing it this way. I might do it to a vehicle I was trading in and wanted my speakers out of, but I wouldn't do it to one I was keeping.
Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM
Postmaster

Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
X2. Remove rear and barn door step sills.
The 2nd row seatbelt removes with a torx 55 so you can remove that trim piece.

Then remove the upper barn door trim and there is the same torx 55 just under the carpet against each side panel, then start pulling small panels that overlap the big side panel. The panel has a bunch of clips which put up a good fight, but the panel is good as long as you grab it right and pull out small sections one at a time.

I had to replace one 3rd row retracting seatbelt and went through this disassembly process, and observed the a/c and speaker setup.
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
Postmaster

hasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to all
Yes I had to do it to replace the seat belt and had to do it again when I installed rear speakers and I had to do the rear most part again when I installed a backup camera and I would prefer to not do it again. Lol.
Old Today, 08:11 AM
Senior User

ExploringNH is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ExploringNH is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
As others have stated, you have to remove everything, working from the back hatch forward. The seatbelt bolts on the floor are T55 and can require some serious torque to remove if you live in a rust prone area. I snapped two bits before I decided to drill them out. You probably don't have to remove those ones if you are just doing speakers since the panel should rotate enough out of the way with just the top bolts removed for the rear belts. There are also a couple of plastic clips underneath the edges of the carpet that hold the big panels in place. Make sure to lift up the carpet to get them or you will snap them and possibly crack the panel. Make sure the side rear doors are open and you pull up the sill pieces or you can crack the front leg of the panel.
Old Today, 08:11 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs