1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

rre v2015.. be there!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 11:57 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First, I like how Travis calls his stuff junk, lol. You haven't seen my junk.

Originally Posted by ReBilld
Steph and Tyler (my daughter and son-in-law) took Sawyer this year, and he was only 3 months old I think. It shouldn't be bad.
Originally Posted by tshrager
Phil, we will have our son there.

This is the kind of ammo I'm going to need to win the decision!

Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Pic of your truck, pic of your avatar, screen name, real name, camping spot number, and home address. This way if the previously mentioned apple pie shine gets broke out, your body can be delivered to the right place lol
I'd like to add VIN to your list, LOL. I wouldn't want to get separated from my truck!

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Well, we will see what happens. I'd like to turn it into a week long vacation. That will probably be the only vacation I get this summer.

Step one in the process of persuasion was completed last night when I towed the "new" camper home. I'm looking forward to having the extra room, but I'm most looking forward to a much easier setup and tear down!

Turning it into a week vacation could work for me too. That way its not a 100% truck event for 4 days, lol.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:47 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 391 Likes on 268 Posts
The first year I went by myself.I saw real fast that I should have brought my girls. It really is a good time for everyone involved.I'm pretty sure my girls had plenty of fun even though it rained quite a bit.

Travis, awww cumon. Its as much a hangout session as anything else. Just drive that SD on out and hang out with the cool kids!

Old 12-16-2014, 01:17 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
X2 on what Aaron said. I just have to meet my mentor Travis!!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:04 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea Travis! I was gonna bring my gasser SD to RRE but ended up buying my OBS a month and a half before lol. I was pretty well set on not coming (the whole bringing a gasser to a PSD event thing) but I got talked into it by these fellers. Heck, bring a car and park in the parking lot lol. No one will know the difference!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:27 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Yea Travis! I was gonna bring my gasser SD to RRE but ended up buying my OBS a month and a half before lol. I was pretty well set on not coming (the whole bringing a gasser to a PSD event thing) but I got talked into it by these fellers. Heck, bring a car and park in the parking lot lol. No one will know the difference!
That's the point that has kept me away, though I have a lot of friends who go. As proud of my 1/2 ton as I am and as much as it has accomplished on the show circuit so far, I could not bring myself to show up with a gasser at a diesel event no matter how often I was told "it's fine, bring it."

The day I announced buying the OBS though - it was all over. One guy said "You must be at RRE next year, and you must give money to Clay..." LOL...

Old 12-16-2014, 04:44 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My SD will be more than ready for Riff Raff. I don't want to come without my OBS b/c I will throw my SD in front of the sled if I don't. The clutch we're putting in it can handle it so....

Old 12-16-2014, 05:39 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
My SD will be more than ready for Riff Raff. I don't want to come without my OBS b/c I will throw my SD in front of the sled if I don't. The clutch we're putting in it can handle it so....
Well, I am now a few hours away, so let's get started on that thing!! I hear ya though, but still, you at leats have one more hand to get stuff done as soon as I can get away from Stephenville. In Plano through the holidays, but Jan 5, that all changes.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:26 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Well, I am now a few hours away, so let's get started on that thing!! I hear ya though, but still, you at leats have one more hand to get stuff done as soon as I can get away from Stephenville. In Plano through the holidays, but Jan 5, that all changes.
doing the work isn't the problem. Hell, I could throw the BTS in it and have a decent PCS tune in one good night probably. The problem is money. LOL. If I had the money to get good paint on it before then, I would consider bringing it with just the 238/100s, BTS and sitting on '05+ axles, but I have serious doubts. That's a lot of money down the road.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:23 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
I got my cabin reserved today.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:27 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
If you have time to do it, your not working enough to have the money to do it.

If you have money to do it, your working so much you don't have the time to do it lol

Its a vicious cycle. Of course theres always those lucky people...

Old 12-16-2014, 09:43 PM
martin72
Elder User
If some of you come in early I would be up for doing something whitewater, Dollywood, ride in the Smoky Mountain's there is a lot to do in this area we can get into some trouble.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:54 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by martin72
If some of you come in early I would be up for doing something whitewater, Dollywood, ride in the Smoky Mountain's there is a lot to do in this area we can get into some trouble.
Now were talkin!

Old 12-16-2014, 10:55 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Awitte58
Im all down for that!
I did both the upper new and the lower new on the New River Gorge. They ranged class 4-6 rapids. Its a freaking blast! There also was some cliff diving and zip-lining involved that trip.
And who doesn't love a good knife?
When did you do all this??? You were 20 minutes from my house! And if you did it with Ace, then you probably met my oldest daughter and her husband!

Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
So that clutch you're putting in will handle pulling the sled ?.........Hmmmmmm

Old 12-16-2014, 11:10 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
If I were assured in my mind I wouldn't break anything 8 hours from home (only one truck will make this trip - the OBS), I would definitely hook to the sled. I grew up on truck pulling and it's what got me into building trucks in general - the big shiny custom trucks with monster V8 gassers with blowers and stacks. I would totally be down to pull. Lots of great memories there.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:32 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
I think we maybe heading out earlyer in the week and stop at a couple places. Its not all planed out though of course.

Quick Reply: rre v2015.. be there!!