Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2014, 05:53 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Death Valley: 4 days/3 Nights (Picture Heavy)

Anyone that has seen my other trip thread, knows I spent 2 days in the Mojave on a trip sponsored by BFGoodrich Tires. If you havent seen that thread, click here.

Immediately following that trip, which ended in Las Vegas, we headed home with one small detour planned along the way; Death Valley.

We headed east from Las Vegas to enter the park and planned on camping 3 nights in the desert. Our campsites were, with the exception of one night, nothing more than an area of "previously disturbed area off a path" where we set up our trucks, chairs and got settled in, because in Death Valley, you can camp just about anywhere away from main roads, if you can get there.

It was a fantastic trip, with plenty to see. You know what they say: "Take only pictures, and leave only footprints."

So I did just that.

DSC_0173 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0231 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0198 by Trey Spooner Photography

Untitled by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0181 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0180 by Trey Spooner Photography

Lost Burro Mine Cabin by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0144 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0111 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0076 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0067-2 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0054 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0045 by Trey Spooner Photography

DSC_0243 by Trey Spooner Photography
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 11-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Senior User

The John is starting off with a positive reputation.
TheJohnPeters
Very nice pics! Looks like almost too much fun... almost... =-)
Old 11-20-2014, 10:15 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Awesome Trey, the desert becons.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 11-20-2014, 10:19 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Fantastic shots Trey. Especially those night shots. Good job.

Jim
Old 11-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Senior User

Army RET is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's a given, on this Ford site, that we're Ford fans, but many of us have additional interests. Me, I'd like to also see some photos of the RV's.
And if you are so inclined, some hot girl-friends would be accepted.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/225990.png
Old 11-21-2014, 12:12 AM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army RET View Post
It's a given, on this Ford site, that we're Ford fans, but many of us have additional interests. Me, I'd like to also see some photos of the RV's.
And if you are so inclined, some hot girl-friends would be accepted.
RVs? Trailers? Pft.

This is CAMPING!

My buddy in the grey F250 has a truck tent, but sub-freezing temperatures 2/3 nights confined him to the cab, where as the cab is my preferred bed.

No girlfriends on this trip.
- Trey PAA Member #110
My How-To Video Library
Old 11-21-2014, 04:06 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
To each there own. I would prefer an RV trailer to sleep in over the cab of my truck any day. Of course, that would limit my ability to get to some areas.

Jim
Old 11-21-2014, 09:43 PM
9 ECHO 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyez View Post
To each there own. I would prefer an RV trailer to sleep in over the cab of my truck any day. Of course, that would limit my ability to get to some areas.

Jim
If I had a gf, or a few extra years, that might be the case.

David didn't like sleeping in the cab; says he likes to spread out. Not me. Works great for me.
- Trey PAA Member #110
My How-To Video Library
Old 11-21-2014, 11:43 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

I didn't mind sleeping in the Bronco when I had it, but wold still prefer a small RV trailer instead. If I ever get approved for the disability, I will look for a small trailer I can pull behind a Ranger.

Jim
Old 11-21-2014, 11:43 PM