Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This looks like fun....staying tuned!

Old 11-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Got my attention.......

I went to UPP's face book page but there is not really any product info. I went to their website and they show all their kits. They have a Raptor kit and when I select it, it says no kits available??????

I am also curious on price...... With the whipper being so crazy expensive it's not really a good option.

However I don't really see the turbo option being much cheaper. I imagine with fuel system upgrades, parts, labor and tuning it will be in the $7k-8k range. That's pretty standard cost for any turbo kit say like an STS kit or Hellion.

I am a huge Turbo fan or SC any forced induction is awesome....... I own a turbo car and the power is fantastic!

If they sold a kit with turbos,headers and fuels pump for say around $6k I'd be game. Then you need a tune which is not that hard they could also supply a base tune.

I would expect a twin turbo setup using 8-10psi would produce every bit of 150-175 more Hp and tq over base and it would be safe and that is very low boost.

Please continue to post the progress!

Oh and is that your truck on the FB page or have they already done this to a newer SD?

Old 11-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,630 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Yesssss! They can stick the V6 and small displacement V8's in Mustangs and F150's. Lets see what twin turbo and more cubes can do in the Super Duty! FORD, are you listening?

Old 11-17-2014, 09:39 PM
wizkid00104
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 99150
Yesssss! They can stick the V6 and small displacement V8's in Mustangs and F150's. Lets see what twin turbo and more cubes can do in the Super Duty! FORD, are you listening?
I love the idea, but I think they will have to change the name. "Ecoboost 6.2L V8" seems like an oxymoron to me

Old 11-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Strokin_power
Freshman User
Update from UPP

An update with Baseline dyno results.

UPP ran the truck over the weekend and put down a best of 285/303 with the 5* tune (87 perf/tow) uploaded. It ran a 279 after a few cycles with the motor getting pretty warm. After flashing it back to stock it produced a 275.

Interesting numbers with a gain of ~5Hp and food for thought of those running the 5*

Work is underway on the tear down (engine prep) so will expect more updates on the build shortly.

For the person that asked - yes, that is my truck on the UPP Facebook page

Cheers

Old 12-02-2014, 07:20 PM
thetiler
Junior User
Subscribed

Old 12-12-2014, 12:53 PM
dontletoff
Freshman User
i'm in. I want to see this, been looking at that whipple, but price is steep, and it will be nice to have another option.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:40 AM
bikerman2299
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I really need to see the outcome of this too. Come on with the updates.....

Old 12-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Strokin_power
Freshman User
Update!

Apologies for the delay but this is a busy time of year...

Lots happening with the build although it unfortunately sounds like CK has been taking one step forward and two steps back.

After dyno time UPP stripped the truck to prep for the build and went to test fit the drivers side manifold (from the raptor build) only to discover that it wouldn't clear the larger brake booster that the SD has. So, back to the drawing board...

CK and crew mocked up all the piping, etc. to make it work for the SD engine compartment and then hit the welding bench. Got the Drivers side manifold complete and test fit - everything cool. The passenger side proved to be more challenging but CK made that work as well. The manifolds will also be ceramic coated once complete to reduce temps.

Again, the benefits of having a top notch shop do the work - not many places I know can just pull this stuff out of thin air. CK does incredible work and I know the finished product will be a thing of beauty.

The oversized intercooler was the next challenge... A few attempts to get it situated properly and all is well. Looks pretty damn good in there I think.

Overall, everything is slowly coming together - the hurdle has added to the timeframe but I can understand why.

A few pics for those that are visually inclined.

Drivers side manifold

Test fit

IC fits!

Old 12-18-2014, 11:12 PM
landscapeguy
Senior User
Originally Posted by Strokin_power
Apologies for the delay but this is a busy time of year...

Lots happening with the build although it unfortunately sounds like CK has been taking one step forward and two steps back.

After dyno time UPP stripped the truck to prep for the build and went to test fit the drivers side manifold (from the raptor build) only to discover that it wouldn't clear the larger brake booster that the SD has. So, back to the drawing board...

CK and crew mocked up all the piping, etc. to make it work for the SD engine compartment and then hit the welding bench. Got the Drivers side manifold complete and test fit - everything cool. The passenger side proved to be more challenging but CK made that work as well. The manifolds will also be ceramic coated once complete to reduce temps.

Again, the benefits of having a top notch shop do the work - not many places I know can just pull this stuff out of thin air. CK does incredible work and I know the finished product will be a thing of beauty.

The oversized intercooler was the next challenge... A few attempts to get it situated properly and all is well. Looks pretty damn good in there I think.

Overall, everything is slowly coming together - the hurdle has added to the timeframe but I can understand why.
That looks awesome! I am so glad someone decided to bite the bullet on this. Although it will probably be out of my price range since I use my truck for making money rather than enjoyment, I really look forward to the outcome. Who knows though, since it seems to be the price of the upgrade price of the diesel without the maintenance and worries of actually having a diesel.

Last edited by krewat; 12-19-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: No need to quote all the images...
Old 12-20-2014, 08:14 PM
jimd1050
Worry later? IT IS LATER!
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Apologies for the delay but this is a busy time of year... lots happening with the build although it unfortunately sounds like CK has been taking one step forward and two steps back.

After dyno time, UPP stripped the truck to prep for the build and went to test fit the drivers side manifold (from the raptor build) only to discover that it wouldn't clear the larger brake booster that the SD has. So, back to the drawing board...

The over sized intercooler was the next challenge... A few attempts to get it situated properly and all is well. Looks pretty damn good in there I think.

Loooookeen Goooood Mahhhn! Can't wait to see it finished!

Happy Holidays!

Jim D

Old 12-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Strokin_power
Freshman User
More progress...

Check out UPP's Facebook page here for photos.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:13 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
More progress...

Check out UPP's Facebook page here for photos.

Awesome build.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:10 PM
dontletoff
Freshman User
updates???

Old 01-10-2015, 11:24 AM
allagash350
Senior User
I am impressed. It is not anything I would do but that looks awesome and will be a blast to drive. Curious as to what gears the truck has currently?

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Build!