Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn indicators starts it first time every time

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:52 AM
brmal2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It started out as the starter engaged by itself with the engine running. It stopped by itself after 4 to 5 seconds. I turned the engine off and attemped to start the engine. The ignition switch would not engage the starter, and by all the indications on the dash board lights and guages, the start position on the switch worked okay. Busted out the schematic and jumpered the clutch switch, starter engaged as it was supposed to, but now, no turn signals or back up lights. Found a blown fuse and when I pluged in the new fuse, the starter engages with the ignition switch on or off. Haven't gotten to the point of metering out the ignition switch, but I see that as the next step. Anyone have any thoughts???

Old 07-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Robert at the Beach
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Salt corrosion inside connectors or a wiring harness laying across something sharp. You will have to check the wiring every inch of the way, and especially around the steering column.

Regards, Robert.