1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OFFICIAL: TRUCKSTOCK 2015 Fall Creek Falls Park, Pikeville, TN Sept 17-20

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 08:22 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 49willard
Can we get some names to go with faces? The best would be a member with his truck!
How about this??

Missing-Jolly Roger Joe

Old 09-20-2015, 08:39 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric Earnhardt en-route to TS 2015.

The line-up

Going for a spin.

Looking back(double meaning)

Here are a few more pictures.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I wish I could have been there.
I'm determined to get there one year.
Lots of beautiful trucks.
I bet the couple from Trailer Life Magazine were in hog heaven.

Ross, it's a good thing you got across that bridge before the semi got there. Meeting a big truck on those bridges gives you serious pucker factor no matter what vehicle you are driving.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:21 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Chelle and I got into Indiana around 8:00, found a room and Chelle is watching the Packer game. We'll get home late tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

Thanks to Joe and Pattie for a great time and a place for it.

I'm glad we were able to trailer F-2, it was great to cruise with the rest and to do a run around the park before loading up and leaving.

Shane I was hoping to say "Good bye " to McDougle clan, just glad to hear everyone had a great time and a safe trip back home. Hopefully we'll both see you all next year.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:17 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,445 Posts
Looks like a great time with a great turn out of trucks. I like seeing the pictures of the trucks on the roads.

And did anyone notice the breakdown of the truck series? There were 3 monkey faces, 3 manure spreaders, and 3 from 53-56.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:50 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
So glad everybody had such a nice time, and thanks' for sharing the neat pics, there are some really nice shots of the whole crowd. Everybody still on the road please be safe.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:21 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,118 Likes on 2,648 Posts
Originally Posted by abe
Looks like a great time with a great turn out of trucks. I like seeing the pictures of the trucks on the roads.

And did anyone notice the breakdown of the truck series? There were 3 monkey faces, 3 manure spreaders, and 3 from 53-56.
And a shoe box to place your shoes... Great turn out and looks like a very nice camp ground.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
I got home at about 11:30pm last night after making a stop in St. Louis to visit with some friends. It was another very successful Truckstock. A great bunch of folks to hang out with. Thanks to Joe, Patti and all others who helped out. It is a lot of work and is much appreciated. I've vowed to not attend another without my truck. The clock is ticking...

I've got a couple of videos that I'll work on getting posted later today.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:18 AM
49willard
Cargo Master
Received 123 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
How about this??

Missing-Jolly Roger Joe

Joe,
EXCELLENT!
Thanks for the photos! I mapquested the distance from Maine, just a little bit less than Ross.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:24 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you all had a great time. Pics are great also. Best part is everyone has had safe trips. Now we just have to wait for Patti. & Joe along with Ross to report arriving home safe & sound. Hopefully we will be able to make the trip next year. I am really looking forward to it. Have fun

Old 09-21-2015, 10:49 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Prior to leaving the park, I visually checked under the hood and checked my fluids. Ross had mentioned one of my support rods was lose, and he was correct as I found the nut had backed completely off of the bolt. I knew the Inn's gift shop probably didn't carry such items, so a quick look through the cab yielded this temporary solution. Guess what it is?

Also, I did manage to get the producer of this video to include a short section of Eric in his truck heading to TS 2015. It starts at 1:57.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:04 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 857 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by carnut122
I knew the Inn's gift shop probably didn't carry such items, so a quick look through the cab yielded this temporary solution. Guess what it is?
Is it a keychain?

Old 09-21-2015, 11:28 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by larryb346
We just pulled in. Its a pretty hard 12 hours for us. Thanks to Joe and Patty for putting this together. If you find it Pat said she left her ALASKA cap hanging on your propane tank. If you find it if you would hang on to it till next year LOL we will be back. I didn't reserve a cabin because I thought might get a better rate if we all did it like last year under the truckstock group. Joe what do you think?

It was great to see everyone from past events and to meet new people.

Larry and Pat
I got home about 9:30 this morning, truck unloaded and Patti is sound asleep

Larry, I threw the hat in my truck someplace...will look for it later.
The only group rates they give on cabins is in the Group camps with bunkhouses, we could get a great deal on those but I don't know too many wives that would be keen to the dormitory idea. Dave talked to the new girl in reservation sales early Sunday and when I saw her later that morning, we already had about 1/2 the cabins booked already. So I'd suggest that if you want one do it soon.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:35 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
Is it a keychain?
Sorry Cousin Ken; that's not it.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Doraville
Senior User
Thanks for a great time...

Eva and I just walked in the door. We were able to do quite a bit of hiking yesterday and today. It had been years since we had been to that park and we had forgotten how beautiful it is.

I realize that this is getting repetitive, but I wanted to thank Joe and Patti for being such wonderful hosts. I also would like to thank all of you there for welcoming us back after a two year hiatus. I had met most of you at TS 2012, but there were a couple of new faces (to me) and I really enjoyed meeting you.

Special thanks to Doc for tracking me down on facebook and telling me to get my tail over to FTE and stop missing important things (paraphrase).

One thing I really enjoyed was hearing personal stories about your trucks, and seeing how many of you USE your trucks. Don't get me wrong, I greatly respect and admire show trucks but it really tickles me pink to see people who use their trucks for real work. I've been contemplating putting a gooseneck hitch in my truck so I can pull my camper with it, but I hated to cut a hole in my hickory planks. You guys have inspired me to do what you do, which is to USE my truck.

I really enjoyed sitting and talking to Joe about how all the wood for his stake bed came from trees on his property and the hundreds of hours he spent cutting, planing, sanding and applying a hundred coats of marine spar varnish.

I enjoyed hearing Bob talk about how he made the rear bumper for his F2 from scraps he had laying around (I thought it was a factory bumper), and how he intentionally made it wide enough to absorb the blow instead of his rear fenders in the event that someone hit him, and how one lady decided to test it; destroying her car and costing Bob a whole $2 for a rattle can to touch-up the scratch on the bumper.

I'm sure everyone there had equally interesting stories; my only regret is that I wasn't there long enough to spend quality time with everyone and hear them.

We can't wait until next year. We stopped on our way out from breakfast Sunday morning and reserved a cabin for Thursday through Monday (Sept. 15-18, 2016).

Finally, in my defense, I asked Carnutt when I met up with him in Georgia for the ride up what was his comfortable cruising speed, and he told me to set the pace. I tried to go the speed limit but it was impossible with a red Effie breathing down my neck the whole way. :-)

Peace,
-DV

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: TRUCKSTOCK 2015 Fall Creek Falls Park, Pikeville, TN Sept 17-20