1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OFFICIAL: TRUCKSTOCK 2015 Fall Creek Falls Park, Pikeville, TN Sept 17-20

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 10:11 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile OFFICIAL: TRUCKSTOCK 2015 Fall Creek Falls Park, Pikeville, TN Sept 17-20

The Official location for Truckstock 2015 is Fall Creek Falls State Park Fall Creek Falls State Park ? Tennessee State Parks which is located about midway between, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga. The park has an INN which also has a restaurant which is open 7 days a week. They are willing to block off rooms for us and then individual reservations may be made. Sept. 17-20 will be our weekend. The rate with taxes for a room would be $99.24 (unless you are 62 or older, in which case it would be $89.32) They also offer a 10% senior discount in the restaurant for us guys as old as our trucks lol.
In addition to the Inn some of our members will be staying in the Landside Cabins they are 2 bedroom cabins sleeping 8-10 people that cost $110.00 a night ($10 extra per night Sat & Sun) These cabins are located about a 1 min drive from the Inn, there are also the Fisherman's cabins available for the same rates, these are 2 story cabins that are built over the lake and are also about a 2 min drive to the Inn. The park also has over 200 campsites, but they are located more than 3 miles from the INN.

Anyone considering or planning to attend this event please PM me to be added to the email list for updates and announcements.
For some pictures of the park https://picasaweb.google.com/1161797...Fallcreekfalls

Old 11-10-2014, 10:35 PM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Y'all should feel safe with a 1959 fridge fire truck standing by incase its needed
The pictures of the area sure look good!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:15 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

OK folks, the reservations for the cabins are flying off the wall at the park. I spoke to the Reservation folks this morning, they are putting the remaining cabins in Landside on HOLD for us and they are also Holding 10 rooms for us. At this point the cabins should are still available online, but once the come off, to make reservations for cabins or rooms please call 1-800-250-8610 and ask for Linda Scarbrough or Connie Reece. Tell them that you are with "TRUCKSTOCK", if you are reserving a room at the Inn and you are 62 or older, ask them for the senior discount.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:24 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well guys I made my reservations and as soon as I got off the phone my granddaughter Courtney called and reminded me of her up coming wedding on Sept 19 on the beach in Miami and a 7 day cruise to follow. I called Linda back and cancelled the cabin. I love you guys but I have to walk through the beach sand and I wouldn't miss that for the world, sorry guys.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:00 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by homade
Well guys I made my reservations and as soon as I got off the phone my granddaughter Courtney called and reminded me of her up coming wedding on Sept 19 on the beach in Miami and a 7 day cruise to follow. I called Linda back and cancelled the cabin. I love you guys but I have to walk through the beach sand and I wouldn't miss that for the world, sorry guys.
Sorry Garry, we will miss you, BUT we do understand.

Guys, I just signed the contract with the park this morning, it doesn't obligate us money wise to anything, but they will hold 10 rooms for us for at least a few months. If we fill those we can add more. I should note that the rooms they are holding are rooms with 2 double bed basic rate, based on 2 adults per room is $85.00 + tax = $99.24 (or the prevailing rate) I understand that there may be a rate increase sometime in the future.
If you want a room with other accommodations such as Queen bed, Queen Bed efficiency, King Bed, or a Pet room I would not wait too long to reserve.
Also, for those 62 and over, don't forget to let them know that you are eligible for the 10% discount on the rooms.

Regarding the cabins, it looks right now that there are 3 cabins left available in the Landside area. So far booked in Cabins are Harleymsn, Raytasch, Albuq-F1, Doc, Jolly Roger Joe and DR Smith.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by homade
That is a very good reason to miss this one. Tell Courtney we all said congratulations when the time comes. We'll miss you, but that is one you can't miss. We may come surprise you with a visit one weekend after you get back on your feet.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:25 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
So far booked in Cabins are Harleymsn, Raytasch, Albuq-F1, Doc, Jolly Roger Joe and DR Smith.
And me.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:41 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
And me.
Did you just book 325?

Old 11-11-2014, 04:49 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
Did you just book 325?
Yes, that was me.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan on being there! Thanks Joe and everyone else who is working on this.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:24 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Rojak
I plan on being there! Thanks Joe and everyone else who is working on this.
Rob, do you plan to get a cabin or stay at the Inn?

Old 11-30-2014, 05:50 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Got the last cabin tonight, #324.

We plan to drive either the F-2 or panel truck down. It'll be almost a two day trip each way. It'll be a fun road trip, just have to keep my wife on the straight and narrow when she's navigating. Don't want another "incident".

Old 11-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Sportster.Mark
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the F6 is on the road by then, I'll be there. I have a fiver so I guess I can bring it too.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:04 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Got the last cabin tonight, #324.

We plan to drive either the F-2 or panel truck down. It'll be almost a two day trip each way. It'll be a fun road trip, just have to keep my wife on the straight and narrow when she's navigating. Don't want another "incident".
Great that you are going to make it. Incident, what incident

Old 11-30-2014, 06:12 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by raytasch
Great that you are going to make it. Incident, what incident
Sounds like he's still blaming the wife for him getting lost on his to Truckstock the first time. Remember, when Shane's dad had to 'rescue' him!

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: TRUCKSTOCK 2015 Fall Creek Falls Park, Pikeville, TN Sept 17-20