Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
That time of the year, again. Charities.

I need to be very careful or the Fuzz will bust me....here it goes:

G oing in to this time of the year
I often find myself being in the giving spirit. I would
V enture in to thinking that most people would like to do the same. I'm thinking no one wants to give
E verything they have to charities but a small donation would be nice.

T ime and time again I try to encourage
O thers to share what little they have.

C ounting on contributions is all that most organizations have.
F lying in his big red Ford sleigh, I know even Santa stops and gives a little extra.
C opedawg is definitely giving this year, when he is not writing acrostics.

# of reasons to give.....
1 Donations are tax deductible
1 (I am not a good counter) Giving to charity may improve your sense of well-being
4 ( I think this was the 3 spot) Supporting a cause can help keep you informed about issues of social injustice
2 I forgot #2! Giving to charity out of spiritual conviction can strengthen your spiritual life.
5 I ended with 5! ( I started and finished on track)! Volunteering with a charity may result in physical and social benefits

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Government Teat-sucker

stu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputation
Gosh! If I could only figure out a worthy cause... Anyone have any suggestions?
Jesus could come down from a cloud, turn the Washington Monument reflecting pool into wine, present a Lois Lerner email on carved into a stone tablet specifically naming Obama as directing targeted audits, and Elijah Cummings would still call it a witch hunt.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:46 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
that is not being very careful
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Busted.............
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 11-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB Tim View Post
Busted.............
Busted by THE Man no less---can't be any more busted than that!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:11 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
I thought it may have been a little loud
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:22 AM
Post Fiend

Click the image to open in full size.

1st of 6 once a week (Monday) bump.

Another Typical Monday with All my close friends at work!
Old 12-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Post Fiend

I waited a day for my weekly bump. I waited for "Giving Tuesday". Sorry for the delay!

This is my "Anit Theft/Tow Device" I was fighting with my old HOA. After 5 years of living there they wanted my truck parked on the street! SO I backed in my spot and insterted this "THING" every night. It was locked in the reciever and if they tried to tow it they would not be able to assemble the dollies on the back wheels b/c the metal walls would prevent the dollies from sliding under it. I continued to park out there for a few more months till we moved.

Another day at the office

I will try to make the weekly bumps intresting with some pics.
Thanks!
Old 12-09-2014, 05:27 AM
Post Fiend

Here is a little trivia. Most of us know the basic "rank" in the Army (like most branches). For those of us that don't know, here is a quick glimpse: US Army Military Ranks, lowest to highest
knowing that a Major outranks a Lieutenant:
Why does a Lieutenant (LG=3 star) General outrank a Major (MG=2 star) General (other than they have an extra star)?

If you know this off the top of your head, you have studdied for to many boards! I helped one of my soldiers start in the soldier of the month board and we made it all the way to V Corps soldier of the year board! I was prouder than he was!

If you know it please just ring in without the answer.

Hopefully I will remember to put the answer up later today.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copedawg View Post
Here is a little trivia. Most of us know the basic "rank" in the Army (like most branches). For those of us that don't know, here is a quick glimpse: US Army Military Ranks, lowest to highest
knowing that a Major outranks a Lieutenant:
Why does a Lieutenant (LG=3 star) General outrank a Major (MG=2 star) General (other than they have an extra star)?

If you know this off the top of your head, you have studdied for to many boards! I helped one of my soldiers start in the soldier of the month board and we made it all the way to V Corps soldier of the year board! I was prouder than he was!

If you know it please just ring in without the answer.

Hopefully I will remember to put the answer up later today.
ANSWER:

In the "OLDEN DAYS" the rank went tlike this:
Brigadier General-One Star
Sergeant Major General-Two Star
Lieutenant Colonel General-Three Star
General-Four Star

Over time, the Colonel was dropped 1st (still no foul). Then Srgeant was dropped later creating the confusion.

So now we have:
Brigadier General-One Star
Major General-Two Star
Lieutenant General-Three Star
General-Four Star
I love the expression "Only in America"!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 AM
Post Fiend

bump
Old 12-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Post Fiend

Oldi but a goodie

I actually have this as my e-mkail alert minus the video

Maybe one more bump next week Merry CHRISTMAS! everyone!

EDIT: changed from Xmas (the lazy way to spell) to CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Love the "don't look away........." video!

BTW its Merry CHRISTmas, NOT "xmas"!!

And I'm not even a devout practicing Christian---just hate American traditions becoming "victim" of "political correctness"
Old 12-31-2014, 08:43 AM
Post Fiend

Last bump for the year and this season.

Thanks for thinking about it and those who acted on it.

Have a very HAPPY and SAFE New Year!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:43 AM