1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

F100 SUPERNATIONALS HAVE BEEN MOVED FOR 2015

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Branded
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by midfifty
I just called, he said the covered area will be too small for our setup, so he has a 100ft wide spot for us and Classic Haulers, but it'll have to be outside and he is looking for tent companies.

A side question, seems like Nashville floods every year around that time, does this place also have that problem?

My guess is yes.....

Old 11-12-2014, 04:25 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by midfifty
I just called, he said the covered area will be too small for our setup, so he has a 100ft wide spot for us and Classic Haulers, but it'll have to be outside and he is looking for tent companies.

A side question, seems like Nashville floods every year around that time, does this place also have that problem?
Wilson County (and Lebanon mailing address') cover a large area, the fairgrounds is pretty far from the Cumberland River which is the source of most of the flooding problems in Nashville. The Closest point that the Cumberland river comes to the Fairgrounds is 8 miles north. The river runs right through downtown Nashville which is 31 miles west of the Fairgrounds.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm not really sure how this area is getting stuck with the flooding every year thought. The flood of 2010 was a monumental event and given the same circumstances somewhere else, the result would have been flooding. Lots of rain in a short amount of time and nowhere for it to go.

I'm hoping to meet a lot of the people that frequent this site. Since this event is so close, I'll have my truck there finished or not.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:31 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Drewski 2
I'm not really sure how this area is getting stuck with the flooding every year thought. The flood of 2010 was a monumental event and given the same circumstances somewhere else, the result would have been flooding. Lots of rain in a short amount of time and nowhere for it to go.

I'm hoping to meet a lot of the people that frequent this site. Since this event is so close, I'll have my truck there finished or not.
Drew, I agree that the flooding is not a regular occurrence. Sorry if I added to that confusion, but I wanted to point out that even IF that type of thing did occur, this area really is safe.

I'm not real crazy about the Lebanon area, but I am looking forward to having this show some place other than a HOT!! parking lot. I see they are letting the antique tractor club join in, they have always participated in our (Music City Chapter ATHS) May Truck Show there, but we are no longer doing the Lebanon show.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Metz22
Senior User
I've never been to this show before but my wife and I are going to try to make arrangements to go. I should be back in country just in time to go. Maybe I'll even have a truck by then!

Old 11-22-2014, 07:39 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Metz22
I've never been to this show before but my wife and I are going to try to make arrangements to go. I should be back in country just in time to go. Maybe I'll even have a truck by then!

Always trucks for sale at these events.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:37 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Bumping this thread back to the top. Looking forward to a good time.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:52 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
is there ANYTHING to do in Lebanon, Tn. other than the truck show... I know I can go to Nashville to find entertainment, but I think this choice rivals Knoxville for having little for the family to enjoy...

I also noticed on the vendor list on the Supernat site that Mid-50 isn't a listed vendor... that's almost a deal breaker for me alone... Unless I can find other entertainment/attractions... I think I"m skipping this one...

later
John

Old 01-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jniolon
is there ANYTHING to do in Lebanon, Tn. other than the truck show... I know I can go to Nashville to find entertainment, but I think this choice rivals Knoxville for having little for the family to enjoy...

I also noticed on the vendor list on the Supernat site that Mid-50 isn't a listed vendor... that's almost a deal breaker for me alone... Unless I can find other entertainment/attractions... I think I"m skipping this one...

later
John
Lebanon has some good restaurants and apparently there's something special for shopping as my wife goes and spends a whole day there. Guess it depends on what type entertainment you're looking for. Watertown is a small historic town that's nearby and Murfreesboro is not too far up 840 with all kinds of restaurants and shopping. The fairgrounds are located just off interstate 40 so it's easy to jump on and go to other local towns. No way to compare to Pigeon Forge for sure. Nashville has the Goodguys event scheduled for the same weekend which is a good event to go to and as you know Nashville always has a lot going on.

I'm probably going to try to straddle the F100 and the Goodguys events depending on where I stand with my truck at that time.

Pigeon Forge was for sure a great place for the event, but the city fathers must have decided that they didn't really care for the car events.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:47 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by jniolon

later
John
They might not be on the vendor list yet, but if you check post #30 above Mid-fifty says they will be there.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:15 PM
2many56s
Senior User
I'll be there, I'll go where ever the show goes, we can all complain about the move, but we all need to be thankful anyone is willing to do an event like the supernats!

Old 03-01-2015, 07:39 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
OK...now I am getting serious about making plans for the Super Nats. I have looked at every page on the website and I am still confused about the schedule for Wednesday the 13th. Schedule says that it is open for vendors and swap meet ONLY, does that mean that buyers can come for the swap meet? Schedule shows no swap meet on Thursday but it does show up on Friday's schedule. I don't want to plan on getting in town and ready to hit it on Wednesday if I can't get through the gate. Any one got any better info???

Old 03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Call Charlie Cobble and ask him.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:27 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Guys, I'm going to need some help at the supernats. I sold a cabover body and will be delivering it to the show. Its a cab,doors and complete front end. I will need help moving it from my trailer to the buyers trailer. It is ALL TOGETHER and heavy!
I know Harley (Joe) and BJmayberry (Bob) are going to be there. any help will be appreciated, thanks, Kevin

Old 04-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
If you can't find enough help, take a come-along with you and 3 or 4 big tow straps. Then hook it up under a big tree limb or an overhead beam on a shed or something similar, lift it up, drive your trailer out and drive his underneath, and the job is done. I've done that with really heavy farm equipment more than once.

Quick Reply: F100 SUPERNATIONALS HAVE BEEN MOVED FOR 2015